“Large gluten free menu” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Edgewild Restaurant & Winery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 185 Restaurants in Chesterfield
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Clarkson & Hwy 40
Saint Louis
“Large gluten free menu”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Came here due to the large variety of gluten free options. That is why I wanted to them a very good rating but serving cold food to diners that pay good money is why it has an average rating instead. It's hard to dine with a duo that is gluten free and the other that is vegetarian. They have a special separate menu if you ask. They also tout themselves as a winery. Really? Where's the vineyard? We were told they buy grapes around the country to bring high quality wines at a cheaper price. The truth is this place has one of the most expensive single glass wine menu's I've seen in STL. Our food came out and my steak was fine but the other entree ordered at my table was a ravioli that was cold. The dish was ruined because of it. We will never send back an entree to the kitchen so it was eaten anyway but when you are paying $90 for two people you expect more.
I would try this place again due to the effort to accommodate different kinds of diners but wish the kitchen would pay more attention to detail.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Andrew K, Owner at Edgewild Restaurant & Winery, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to come eat at EdgeWild and writing this review. It is never acceptable to receive cold food at our restaurant. We apologize for that experience and we will discuss it internally however, I must encourage you to inform the restaurant that you are having an unsatisfactory experience, we hate nothing more than to think you left happy only to read negative reviews online. It is our desire to correct our mistakes and satisfy all of our guests while they are at EdgeWild. We depend on you to leave happy and to tell your friends you loved our place. We employ around 80 local folks who also want you to leave happy as well.

With regards to our wine, we are quite proud of our program. Like you said we purchase high quality grapes and employ talented wine makers from the west coast to make much of our EdgeWild Wine. these are not cheap bulk wine made in huge volume wines but rather super high quality and hand crafted. The most we make of any one wine is a couple of hundred cases.
Much of the wine we purchase is also excess wine from Parker rated 92-96 points wines. these wines can be found in Wine stores with another label for 50-150 bottle yet we offer them at a modest 8-12/glass, this price hardly ski high pricing. However we did start offering some very high end wines by the glass. These 8 wines range from 14-26/glass. We starting doing this because we felt that a small percentage of our customers would prefer this. We offer Silver Oak, Nickel and Nickel, and Chateau Montelena by the glass and if you check them out you will find them listed proudly for 70-100 bucks at any wine shop.

With regards to us being a winery, Yes we are on a mall parking lot and there are no vines growing out back or wine making room, however we barrel age wine on site. We own a large percentage of a winery and vineyard, we buy our own bottles, corks, bottles and we have contracts for grapes which are grown for us. I think if you researched the issue you will find many other labels that actually own nothing more than a label. They contract out their growing, winemaking and own nothing at all. Yet many folks gladly drink their wine.

We offer more than 30 wines for less 8- 12 dollars a glass and have a happy hour each day till 6pm in the bar where 4 varietals are offered for 5 dollars per glass. Please come again and let me show the EdgeWild difference and next time you dine please let you server know when you receive an unsatisfactory meal.

thanks for your feedback and we do look forward to a future visit.

Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
“Excellent in every aspect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

One of our favourite places to go in West St. Louis County!
The food is always excellent; the menu is just different enough to be interesting but not so different that it confuses you.
Great atmosphere; great service; great wine selection; great live music to enjoy after dinner.
If you're wanting good food in a suburban but slightly hip atmosphere, I highly recommend EdgeWild! However, I would recommend calling ahead for reservations. On weekends, the wait for a table can be horrendously long. It's not a place I would just walk into expecting to get seated if you're hungry and want to eat NOW.
Oh - and plenty of parking; easy to find; great location.
Not many places seem to get it right and can fire on all cylinders these days. EdgeWild is an exception and a breath of fresh air! Check out the patio room during nice weather, or the fireplace area when it's cold.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Saint Louis
“Yes, There is Food Under There..”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

It always worries me when I go to a restaurant and there is sauce covering everything. Exactly the case here. I had sea bass, which is delightful by itself. No, smothered in don't know what. My husband had salmon same thing, more sauce. Even the buffalo meatloaf (which had a great flavor) was in sauce, but that may have been a good thing, since it was cooked dry.

Not for true foodies. I sure did not find value in $200 for four. And the special pricing for wine if you are in the club, is not exclusive enough to make it worth my while to go back.

Andrew K, Owner at Edgewild Restaurant & Winery, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
Thank you for your visit and review. Having very tasty and appealing sauces served on many of dishes are done to compliment those dishes. If you check out other reviews you will find many of our previous customers love our sauce and dishes. If you ask our servers or read our menu these sauces are clearly disclosed and we would gladly put the sauce on the side, alter the dish, or completely eliminate it. We are proud of the freshness our fish and it arrives fresh, not frozen every Friday for the weekend business and we would be glad to serve it just grilled with no sauce.

With regards to our Bison Meatloaf, it's bison and that an extremely lean meat, in fact much leaner than cattle and we bacon wrap it to help keep it tasty; the fat in the ground beef is what keeps meatloaf moist so using Bison will cause the meatloaf to be a bit dryer. We actually use the Bison Meatloaf renderings (gravy) not sauce to serve over the top no help with the moisture.

Believe me when I say this we have many Foodies who love EdgeWild. We just may not be everyone's cup of tea.

Any time you do not like your meal at EdgeWild we will gladly replace your meal or we will not charge you for it.

Hope this helps

Springfield
“A Wonderful Thanksgiving Day Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Forty-nine adults and children met in St. Louis for a huge family reunion during the recent Thanksgiving weekend. All 49 of us gathered at the EdgeWild Restaurant & Winery to partake of their Thanksgiving Day buffet. The restaurant presented an abundant array of brunch and traditional Thanksgiving dinner selections, which were thoroughly enjoyed by all in our group. All of the servers were friendly and attentive to our tables. A special thank you to the events director, Mr. Zach Smith, for his patience and cooperation in making this a memorable occasion for our family.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Standard suburb fare”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

I think people are far too easily pleased based on the review of this restaurant. Don't get me wrong, it is certainly not bad, but it is far from good or excellent. Service is average. They were attentive, but lacked proper knowledge regarding their winery operations. Atmosphere is pleasant, but loud. The food is slightly above average. I had a seared tuna appetize that was good, but not memorable. I paired it with their sov. blanc which was fair. I finished with a burger that was well done despite my order of medium. That said, my primary beef with this place is the price which is far too high for a place that this simply average.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for taking the time to visit EdgeWild and write a thoughtful review. Pricing is a matter we take very seriously. Our whole concept is based on providing a very good value for the quality and type of food we offer. Our portion sizes are generous, the quality top shelf and we include your side dishes in our prices provided. We use Certified Angus Beef (CAB) which is the top 2% of all meat served, we fly our fish in fresh not frozen and we use local purveyors in many cases. Other places use a much lower quality meat, frozen fish and mass produced packaged items to achieve lower pricing.

With regards to your comment about the overdone burger. temperature is a matter of opinion. We would gladly remake your item if it not to your liking. Obviously we do make mistakes in the kitchen and we would gladly redo or refund your item then have you leave unsatisfied.

We do spend a considerable amount of time educating our staff on the Wine and our concept. We simply barrel age wine on premise. We have wine makers from the West Coast make wine for us. We are proud of the value and quality offered.

I hope you come back and visit us again. Please ask and will provide tastings to demonstrate our wine quality and value.

Thanks Again