“Mini vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Roaring River Resort & Campground

Roaring River Resort & Campground
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cassville
Prices are for rooms, adults
Roaring River Resort & Campground
Save Saved
You added Roaring River Resort & Campground to your Saves list
Hwy 112, Cassville, MO   |
Mulberry kansas
“Mini vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

It is a clean place. The owners are very friendly and welcoming. If visiting roaring river this is the best place to stay for the money. They have a pool and game room and the waterslide is right across the street.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Stillwater, OK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

My family has been coming to Roaring River since I was a kid. We have stayed in lots of cabins, hotels, and rooms in this area. This is one of the best places so far. The owners are super nice, the staff is professional and friendly, and the rooms are great! I most recently stayed in one of the kitchenettes. This hotel has a clean pool and good air conditioning. It's also fairly close to Roaring River, and that is a definite plus.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Grain Valley, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

My wifes family has been going to Roaring River State Park for many years. Lodging in the park became so expensive and no pets were welcome. Roaring River Resort had been going down hill for a few years, but then Ron and Syndi purchased it. The few years they have owned it they have done many upgrades and improvements. They are very friendly and know their return customers. We have now stayed with them for 4 years and each year it just gets better. They do allow pets, for a small extra fee which is worth it. Very friendly, they are out and about on their property visiting with their guests and checking up on things. If they see a problem, they take care of it. If they ask people to be quiet it is for a good reason. They don't just pick on people. People have to be stupid before the owners say anything. The rooms are always clean. Great that they have connecting kitchenettes and sleeper rooms. Great for families. My family and I highly recommend Roaring River Resort. The Royal, Williams and Jessee families.

Room Tip: try to get a room on front or up top on back.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

Ron and Cindy treat us like family. They always let us know about all the "happenings" in town and in the park. The rooms smell good and clean. Our family has been coming to this resort for 55 years and since Ron and Cindy have taken ownership it is the best ever. We always be feel so relaxed and at

• Stayed May 2014
Wichita, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

My family have been coming off and on to RR Resort since the 1980s. The last time we stayed was in 2010, just before the long-time owner passed away. In 2010, the hotel was badly in need of updating and renovations. I must say the owners have made some necessary and pleasant updates. The pricing is very reasonable, the service excellent, and the rooms comfortable. This place is better kept than the state park's hotel that we stayed at in 2013. It is a wonderful, family-friendly place to stay. While not on the river, it is less than a mile up the hill from RR state park; however, there is a water slide just across the road which was a blast to go down.

The next time we are back at Roaring River, we will definitely book our room at Roar River Resort and Campground.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

My family has stayed at Roaring River Resort for 18 years or longer. My kids and husband love to trout fish and this resort is very close to the park. I called to make a reservation for two nights and booked the reservation. Ten minutes later the lady owner/manager called me back and asked if I was going to bring our dog with us again. I told her no we had made other arrangements for our Beagle to stay home, she said that last Spring our dog made a mess in the room and they had to shampoo the carpet. She was just a puppy then and we took her out constantly, we do not recall her making a mess at all. She was not very nice and I had even told her that we had been coming there for years. Because she was rude to me as a customer I called her back and cancelled my reservation. Customers must be treated with respect. We even had paid a pet fee up front and we are very respectful of property when we stay anywhere. We ended up staying at another hotel that offered breakfast to their fisherman and were a whole lot nicer to their customers.

Room Tip: Don't stay there if you have a pet.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Perry, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

My wife and I stayed there tor four night right before Thanksgiving. Two of the four night we were the only people staying there. During the winter months they are open only for reservations. When we arrived there was a note for us on the office door telling us which room was ours and where we could find the key. The room was very clean and it had the largest bathroom we had ever seen in a motel. Like a lot of the motels between Cassville and Roaring River State Park it had seen hard times in the past. The new owners are really bring it back up to a quality operation.

During the fishing season I can see where this is a very popular place and it would be busy. During the off season it is still a great place to stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Roaring River Resort & Campground? Share your experiences!