“Honesty is not their policy” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Casino Inn and Suites

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Caruthersville
Casino Inn and Suites
You added Casino Inn and Suites to your Saves list
407 E Fourth St, Caruthersville, MO 63830 (Formerly Country Hearth Inn)   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Caruthersville
Marshall, Minnesota, United States
“Honesty is not their policy”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

After reading the "high recomendations" left from previous travelers, we decided to stay at the Casino Suites.

I called and requested a non-smoking, handicap king bed room. They assured me they had this room for us. After traveling more tnan 500 miles, we were very tired & just wanted to shower & relax.

We get to our room & it has a queen bed and not handicapped. I went to the front desk with my complaint. She tries to tell me that it is a king bed. I told her we have a king bed at home and only stay in king bed hotel rooms - what she gave us was a queen. She finally admitted they were queen beds & didn't have any king. I then told her the room was not handicapped. She said that room was given to someone else - she was sorry. Sorry does not replace honesty.

If traveling this direction again, we will stay far away from this hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
SAN ANTONIO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

We stayed at the casino inn & suites on Nov. 21, 2011. The lady at the front desk is what hospitality is all about (and I work in a hotel). She goes above and beyond. Super freindly, and actually was expecting us the second we walked in the door. The rooms are very clean and you even have a refrigerator in the room at no extra charge. How rare is that these days. The shower has a sliding door which I loved. Nothing is worse than those flimsy shower curtains sticking to you when you take a shower. Complimentary coffee and other breakfast items were great. They even had hot biscuits and gravy, wow! The Inn is a very short walk to the casino. I really recommend staying here if you are going to the Lady Luck. The nightly rate was way cheaper than those other ones that are 5 miles away. Very pleased with the experience.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

Morning breakfast was exceptional. Located walking distance to casino.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011 via mobile

I love this place! Every time we come here we are so pleased. The employees are wonderful people, great clean rooms with comfortable beds,and big fluffy pillows.if you go make sure to check out the hot tub suites they are THE BEST!!! You will fall in love all over again:)even in the morning if you like they make you waffles!

• Stayed May 2011
Columbia, Mo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

This hotel is no longer owned by Country Hearth. When you visit their website and try to make a reservation, it says "no availability." It does not tell you that the hotel has a new name and new ownership. The hotel, which is reasonably priced, is now called the Casino Inn and Suites, and the owners and staff go out of their way to make guests happy and comfortable. It is also a suitable place to stay for a lady traveling alone. It is located across from a casino. Restaurants are nearby and reasonably priced. Phone number is still 573-333-4333, and that's how I found it. I recommend this hotel for location, service and value. Be aware that it has no elevator. The hotel offers free parking, free breakfast and free high-speed internet. The owners are in the process of upgrading some of the amenties, and I look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2010

I have been coming to what was the country hearth with my family for practically all of my life. My grandparents live in Caruthersville, so I am a frequent visitor of what now is the Casino Inn. I used to find the staff warm and welcoming, and loved my stays here. Granted, the rooms were never top notch, but it was close to my family and fine for just sleeping. However, this most recent visit has been a disaster. My mother and I checked in right around midnight on Friday night, after making the thirty-hour drive from California. We were desperate for some sleep, and were greeted by a young boy, probably too young to be working the late late shift at a hotel. He was nice enough, however, the hotel did not have our reservation. My grandfather had come up the week before and made the reservation, and Friday afternoon had come by to confirm our reservation and tell the hotel how late we would be getting in. They told him that everything was set, but as I said, the boy had no idea where our reservation was. He was a bit flustered, and so he offered us a room for $54 a night for three nights. We did not know how much the rates were under the new management, and so of course had not even questioned it. Why would we argue with a rate as low as that?

We got up to our room, and we were disappointed, to say the least. A bit grossed out may be more appropriate. There was an empty carton of cigarettes (in our non smoking room) and candy rappers still in the bedside drawer. There was also minimal towels, no hand towels, only one soap to share between the sink and shower, and the drain on the sink was broken (we had to completely take out the stopper to drain the water).

However, the worst part of the stay at the Casino Inn came the next day. I was having trouble getting my room door open, so I went down to the lobby to get the lady (who I would assume was the mother of the boy who had worked the night before) to rekey my door. Before I could even get my sentence out, the woman shushed me, put her finger up as to gesture to me to stop talking for a second, and proceeded to tell me that she would not talk to me about unlocking the door to my room (that was already paid for) until we had discussed payment. I told her that the room was under my mothers credit card, so I would have to go get her. Long story short, the woman was rude to my mother and I. She explained that "$45 was unreasonable, and not their rate" (though really we had paid $54 and that was the rate her employer offered us without ever a fuss from our part). She basically accused us of arguing the boy down and explained that if we wanted to stay the next two nights, we would have to pay the difference.

I am sorry, but in every business, the customer is always right, and if a company screws up (whether or not the employer was a teenage boy), the company deals with it and does not put the responsibility of fixing it to the customer.

This hotel used to be pretty good, now.... I am really unhappy with EVERYTHING. Now, even though it may be farther away, my mother and I have decided we will stay at a different hotel from now on.

ps: My bagel was stale at breakfast.

• Stayed August 2010

Travelers are raving about these Caruthersville hotels

Poplar Bluff,Mo.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2010

Update, this dump...i mean hotel wasnt that bad when it was a country hearth, but now it has been sold and goes by the name Casino Inn. I called on a Friday and requested our favorite room...202 for Saturday night. They told me it was not a problem and informed me they could do that for me. Also noticed their rates went up to 75 dollars.grrr. But anyways we arrived Sat afternoon around 3ish and the first thing i was told is they didnt have 202 cuz the people that stayed there decided to stay another day. Was reassured that he would give me a room of comparable comfort. Told him we liked that room cuz it had a sofa and coffee table in it. No problem he says. We got a room with a very holey and worn out recliner, a large table with one chair, and a bed. No remote for the tv. Toilet broke at 3 am. Water went everywhere. Wasnt about to let creepy guy in my room so I went downstairs and used a toilet in the lobby. Deadbolt was broken. Light when entering the room was broken. Soda machine in the lobby was broken as well. Water pressure was a joke. Safety bar in the tub was also broken. So if you like not being able to use your own bathroom and being lied too....enjoy. If not, please avoid the worn out, nasty, filthy, disgusting, by the hour,dumpsite of a hotel!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Casino Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!