“Cute hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Carthage
McKinney, Texas
“Cute hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

This was a very cute little hotel. The rooms were a little older but very clean. We stayed here on our way from Texas to Iowa for a yearly trip. Be sure to bring your bathing suit, the pool is extremely nice and well cleaned. Breakfast is about average for a continental breakfast. Cute little precious moment pictures hang over the bed in every room. We plan on coming back on our way to Iowa next year.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Kansas City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

I stay at this hotel often with my 8-year-old daughter. It's a quiet alternative to the hotels located on the noisy strip in nearby Joplin. We like the pool, the huge chandelier in the lobby, the large continental breakfast, and the Precious Moments artwork adorning the walls. It's a nicer hotel than you'd expect to find in Carthage, Missouri, but the staff do a great job and we always have a fun time when we stay there. I've never had any issues with the cleanliness of the hotel either. If your family needs a clean, safe place to stay or an alternative to the hotels in Joplin, this is a good call.

Room Tip: Visit the nearby Precious Moments chapel and visitor center. It's well worth a stop. The George...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Changzhou, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

I really liked this place it has high ceilings in the lobby with a nice pool. It is right off the highway and feels comfortable and safe with nice staff, would recommend for anyone going to Carthage. Great continental breakfast!

Caloundra, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel while traveling Route 66. The rooms are quiet large. Ours had twin queen beds. The room was clean and the furnishings were acceptable. Unfortunately there was a place for a fridge but The fridge was missing. The air conditioner was very noisy but was a pleasant relief from the 80f plus day.
The hotel has a coin laundry ( one washer & one dryer) $1 per load.
Free coffee in the oversized foyer was also a nice surprise.
There is no on sight restaurant but Maccas' is just a short walk as is Wal Mart.
We dined at the Lucky J Steakhouse just 3 miles out of town.good steaks and great service.
Ask for the house special steak.

Stayed April 2012
St. Louis, MO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

The hotel is located right along highway and a great location for visitors to the area.
Needs a little TLC. The room was comfortable, but some where and tear in the wallpaper (bath) etc...
It is an average small town hotel. The lobby is pretty and big pool area.
Overall, I would stay here again and you should too if you are considering it. It is nice overall.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

This is my second stay in three weeks. I am writing the review from my room. The rooms are in need of a good cleaning. The mirrors in the bathrooms are dirty, there is sticky stuff all over the bedside table and on the clock. There is a layer of dust on everything. I had to wipe the dust off the hangers to hang my clothes. Even the little tray with the coffe pot is filthy. I'm wondering if they cleaned the room at all. Not many other choices here so I guess this is the best in town. The lobby is really pretty, I will give them that much. It is also really dark at night in the parking lot and does not feel very safe. I think I will stay in Joplin the next time I have to stay in Carthage on business.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
bwpreciousmoments, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Precious Moments Hotel, responded to this review, November 17, 2011
I am disappointed we failed to give you the fine service and consideration we strive for with all our guests – the type of service we pride ourselves in. I have investigated your comments and have taken steps to ensure that the problems you experienced do not happen again. My staff has also been made aware of your comments and we have taken immediate corrective action.
We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us at the Best Western Precious Moments Hotel the next time you are in Carthage. I can assure you we will do everything we can to make your stay a comfortable and happy one as we illustrate that what happened to you was an unfortunate exception to our normally high quality of service.
Anthea Harbin
Best Western Precious Moments Hotel
Independence, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

The hotel was beautiful and very clean, but the service was terrible. We went down south for a wedding and booked our hotel room here,an hour away from the wedding and family, simply for the indoor heated pool for a fun kids/family night of swimming. I called 2 days prior to confirm check in times and pool hours. Then again at check in I confirmed pool hours. When we returned that afternoon after the wedding & went to the pool , we found the heater had been broken for over a week and it was a bucket of ice cubes. The staff , who was sitting outside barefoot on the patio, blew it off like it wasn't a big deal (as my kids are in tears at this point) and told me there was nothing they could do and even if we checked out we would still be charged. I called customer service the following week and they said a general manager would be calling me, but instead I got an apologie letter and not a call like I asked for. . I understand things happen, but when someone asks numerous times about the pool and you don't feel the need to mention it's not usable is just wrong. I was not asking for a refund , but a credit towards a future stay would have been nice since that was the whole point of booking the hotel. The Best Western chain didn't feel the need to take care of my family , therefore we will not be using them again in the future.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
I am very disappointed in the break down of communication with our staff. The pool heater had just went out the week before your stay. We were fortunate enough to get the new heater installed before the pool temperature dropped below 79 degrees. I apologize that your family was not able to enjoy their swimming experience. I hope that gift card you were given helped ease the disappointment.
Anthea Harbin
Best Western Precious Moments Hotel

Been to BEST WESTERN Precious Moments Hotel? Share your experiences!