“Great drinks, Great staff.” 4 of 5 stars

Drury Lodge Cape Girardeau
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   104 South Vantage Dr, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701   |
Ranked #5 of 10 hotels in Cape Girardeau
Springfield, Missouri
“Great drinks, Great staff.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2008

My husband and I stayed here to attend the SEMO District fair. We loved the free drinks in the restaurant. Our bartenders, Dawn and Mike, were fabulous. Lots of fun conversation. Everyone in the bar was having a great time both nights we took advantage of the specials.
The only complaint I have was that our room was an outside access room in a breezeway. Being a night owl, and a light sleeper, I was upset that both days of our stay we were awakened by people talking in the breezeway at about 7am. The outside walls are too thin.
All in all, I'd say that if you are looking for a good place to stay for a few days, this is it.

• Liked — The staff was excellent!
  • Disliked — Too much noise outside the room!
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple

108 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2008

This is a very clean and comfortable establishment. However, there is no elevator, and my belief is that every motel with more than one floor needs an elevator for guests. Getting bags up stairs can be a problem for senior citizens. Definitely true for the price range that this motel has. AC was a bit hard to regulate--fan didn't run when the AC wasn't on, so the room got a bit stuffy. Thermostat was on the opposite wall and not in the most convenient location. A bit pricey for the amenities--we've had similar for $20-$30 less per night many times. Nevertheless, this is a fine accommodation with a good internet hookup which is important to us. I certainly would recommend it.

• Liked — Clean and very comfortable
  • Disliked — AC hard to control and the price
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2008

I stayed here with my husband and two kids in a suite. The staff was friendly enough, but we stayed in the summer and the room was damp smelling and dirty. The window air conditioner was very loud and kept waking up the baby. I asked for a crib in my reservation which we did not get (they said they didn't have any). We usually stay at a Drury when we travel as they are a great hotel chain. This one, however, is not representative of the brand. For the price, there are better hotels in the area. Don't waste your money here.

Stayed August 2007
Courtmantravels
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2008

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the past year for a night or two stay while on business.

I enjoy the Drury Chain, but this hotel needs renovating. Some rooms more than others. Decor is very dated. The Drury chain has grown over the years and this is one of the older hotels. They seem to be investing their money in their new property construction.

Some of the rooms have exterior entrance while others have corridor access. One of the rooms I stayed in one time was infested with flies, it was an exterior entrance room. Most of the rooms I have stayed in had one full size bed and have been adequate. The plumbing fixtures need to be updated. Government rate $70.

The staff is great and very accomodating.

There are several meeting rooms of varying sizes.

The outdoor pool is nice.

The workout room is small. Two Treadmills and a bike.

Breakfast has gone down hill over the years also. It is a buffet, served in their restaurant. Eggs, Biscuits, Gravy, Bacon, Sauage, Cereal, make your own waffles. They used to have a omelette chef, and all of the food used to be a lot better.

• Liked — Friendly Staff
  • Disliked — Rooms need renovating.
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2007

A friend booked a group of rooms here for a wedding. I was worried when reading the review of the Drury Lodge, but this is a different, newer hotel. The rooms were up to date and clean, and the bedroom was a separate room (rather than merely petitioned off) for more privacy. The sofa could be made into a bed for more sleeping room. The staff was friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — spaciousness
  • Disliked — no shampoo or conditioner
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Irving, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2007

Stopped here on an overnight trip, as my brother and I were driving a moving truck with stuff for my other brother and sister who had moved to Chicago. It had a pleasant relaxing vibe to it as we entered the place, which was particularyly nice after a long road trip from Dallas. The room was more spacious than I had expected with comfortable beds. Bathrooms were nothing special, but they weren't bad either. I also liked the coupon for the free drink at the bar, though I was a bit annoyed that I couldn't make it a long island iced tea. A lot of locals hang out at that bar as well. They didn't have any PPV movies. One thing though. The restaurant closes at 9:00 pm. Be careful in your choice of local eating establishments. My brother and I went to Steak and Shake, and while the food was fine while we ate it, we both woke up with big time cramps. I was lucky to be able to get any breakfast, which I needed with a long road trip ahead.

• Liked — The free drink.
  • Disliked — Needs a few more food options.
  • Stayed August 2003
Kansas City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2007

As a previous poster stated, this isn't a luxury hotel but my stay here was quite enjoyable. I had a second floor room that was clean and comfortable. The room had a thermostat on the wall that controlled the window unit. It was 100+ degrees while I was there, but the room was always at a comfy temperature. The amenities were what I would expect from a hotel of this class. The bed was quite comfortable, though the pillows left a great deal to be desired.

Breakfast was good with a nice variety. Yogurt, cereal, eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, potatoes, waffles, fresh fruit, etc. You also receive a complimentary cocktail at the bar each night of your stay or a 10% discount off your dinner order. The bar staff consisted mostly of local college students who were a lot of fun. I didn't have dinner at the restaurant and didn't use the pool, so I can't speak to any issues there. The fitness center is a small room with a couple treadmills and a bike.

The best part of my stay was the staff... they really took pride in their jobs and did everything to make sure that my stay was as enjoyable as possible.

It wasn't a Renaissance (where I stayed in St. Louis the following night), but then again, its not designed to be. I anticipate being in Cape Girardeau for business in the future and definitely plan on returning to the Drury Lodge for those trips.

• Liked — Friendly staff
  • Disliked — The pillows
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Drury Lodge Cape Girardeau? Share your experiences!