“Amazing Service - Super Friendly - Moments Notice” 5 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Cape Girardeau
Certificate of Excellence 2014
West Des Moines, Iowa
“Amazing Service - Super Friendly - Moments Notice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

An amazing stay, at a moments notice! The Staff is IN love with what they do, making our stay awesome! I wish we could move the hotel and all the staff to the beach! My wife read the reviews online and didn't think they would live up to their word, but they did not disappoint! Susan at the front desk was SO nice, I wanted to adopt her as my grandmother!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Karla C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cape Girardeau, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you so much for your great comments about our hotel and staff. We love hearing comments like yours and love passing them on to our team. We will recognize Susan for doing such a great job! We wish you could move us to the beach too! :-) Hope you get a chance to come and see us again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Saint Peters, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Glad we read the reviews and booked our stay here. The staff was so friendly and helpful; they even called a couple of hours after we checked in to see how we liked our room - never had that happen before. The warm cookies and milk in the evening was a hit with my husband, and breakfast in the morning offered a variety of items in a very lovely room. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Karla C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cape Girardeau, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thanks so much for your comments about our hotel and staff. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your return trips. Thanks for choosing our hotel!
Memphis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

My family of four (2 boys aged 7 and 8) stayed at this hotel for 1 night while traveling. We chose this hotel largely due to the price and photographs on their website and we were not disappointed - in fact we were highly impressed!

We stayed long enough for the boys and I to enjoy the warm indoor pool and hot tub. The hotel provided tons of pool toys including noodles, beach balls, and a basketball set. Towels were also provided. There was a small exercise room and arcade with about 5 games in it as well. The hotel also had a candy dish at the front desk and served cookies and milk in the evening.

The room was incredibly spacious and modern and the TV had tons of family channels. Water pressure in the shower was great. I thought the beds were very comfortable.

The free breakfast offered lots of choices (even a really cool pancake maker that looked like it was out of the Jetsons). Only "complaint" was there could have been more space between the tables and the breakfast wall.

The hotel was very conveniently located to the interstate with 24-hour security and great lighting. I highly recommend this place and based on this experience will be looking to stay at other holiday inn express hotels as my family travels.

• Stayed July 2013
Karla C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cape Girardeau, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Wow thanks for your great comments about our hotel. We love hearing comments like yours so that we may share them with our team and make some improvements if necessary. We are so glad you enjoyed our pool area along with our milk and cookies and yes our famous candy dish! We hope if your in our area again, you will stop by and see us again!
Thanks for staying with us!
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

It was clean and comfortable. It was during a busy weekend. There was a baseball tournament going on in Cape, but it was not too noisy.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast bar was very good too.

It is a hotel I would go back to.

Room Tip: If possible get a room at the end of the hall. They are somewhat quieter.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Karla C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cape Girardeau, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thanks so much for your comments. We are so gald you enjoyed our hotel and found it to be clean and comfortable. We look forward to your return stays with us!
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I stayed here once before about a year ago on my way to Chicago, so definitely made it my first choice when I realized I would be passing back through there on the way home from Omaha. At first when I called they were totally sold out and I couldn't find anything else in the area that I was comfortable with who had availabilty. Luckily when we arrived in Cape Girardeau I called back and Abby said they had a few cancellations and could offer me a room. The only thing missing on this stay that I had last time was the really large bathtub but at this point I was thrilled to have a room at all. The AC never did get really cool but since there were no other rooms and it was so late I didn't even bother addressing it with the front desk. Breakfast was great and the woman that was working it was very friendly and accommodating. If I am ever in Cape Girardeau again I will definitely stay here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thanks so much for choosing our hotel and thanks for your comments. We are so glad we were able to get you a room and wish it could have been one with the whirlpool tub. My apologies that the A/C did not seem to be working properly. Will make sure this does not happen again for your future visits. We hope to see you soon!
Brunswick, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stayed here a night with our kids. Very clean and nice rooms. Staff was friendly and we had a good breakfast. One of the nicest Holiday Inn Expresses we have stayed at. Would definately recommend it!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Karla C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cape Girardeau, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thanks so much for your comments about our hotel. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and invite you to come and see us again the next time you are in our area. We are so glad you chose our hotel.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

my fiance and I had to make an emergency trip to Missouri due to an incident with a family member which was in the hospital. When i called and booked our room at the last minute, the young lady that answered was very kind and gave us a discount on the room. When we checked in, they put a card in with our room key that offered their sympathies and let us know they would be there if we needed anything. Our room was wonderful and the staff was just unbelievably nice.These ladies went beyond their call of duty...Susan and Cassy were their names and they should be commended for a job well done...I will def stay there again should i ever need to!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Karla C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cape Girardeau, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thanks so much for your great comments about our hotel and team. We will gladly let Cassy and Susan know what a great job they are doing. We are sorry you had to come for a family emergency and hope you can visit us next time for a better reason. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again some time!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Cape Girardeau? Share your experiences!