“Disappointment” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Poplar Bluff, Missouri
“Disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

My wife and I love Red Lobster and we let it be known. Friends and family regularly give us Red Lobster gift cards. We have on occasion visited the Red Lobster in Cape and are regularly disappointed. The cleanliness is always good, the service is always excellent, but they seem to always find a way of ruining good food. Last Friday was the worst! The popcorn shrimp was extra crispy and my maple chicken was so tough I couldn't use a case knife to cut it. To the waiter's credit, when we complained he said he had noticed the shrimp was a little dark...that would have been the best time to fix the meal. Why do we continue to go back? I would have to drive 2 hours to find another one.

• Visited October 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Cape Girardeau, Missouri
“Wonderful!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

Me and my husband went ther for our Anniversary. It was wonderful! I had the 15 dollar 4 course meal and it was soo much food and well worth the money!! Def. willl be going back!

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Espoo
“Red Lobster done right”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

I have found Red Lobster food to be quite consistent throughout the US. It is good, not great, and lots of it. I write about Red Lobster in Cape Girardeau because it separates itself from the normal Red Lobster experience.

I arrived with with my wife and 3 children and were warmly greeted, quickly seated, and happily served. Kids always bring lots of work and small messes, despite that we were treated only with grace and kindess. The staff made us feel at home.

I like Red Lobster and the meal there was certainly good. The staff was amazing. This was a 5-star experience, but it is a chain restaurant so I cannot give 5 stars overall.

• Visited June 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
South Dakota
“Nice Waitress, Completely Messed Up Order”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2010

We walked into the restaurant about an hour before closing. Even though it was late and I'm sure it was a bit irritating for the staff they were welcoming. The food tasted great.

However, our order was messed up...quite badly. There were plates and plates of wrong food. It took quite a while for the waitress to clean up the mess and as a result, we waited a long while for our food.

• 4 of 5 stars Food