“Food was not fresh” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Cape Girardeau, Missouri
“Food was not fresh”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We went to this place because their TV ad showed very attractive entrees. However, when that very food was served, it was microwave heated. This was our second experience like this. So we decided never to go there. Their ambiance is great and service is good.

Visited December 2012

Cape Girardeau, Missouri
“Poor quality food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Husband and I visited 03/01/13. Ordered blackened talapia. It was actually the worst talapia ever had eaten. Was apparently pan fried instead of what you would expect it to be, grilled. It had no flavor whatsoever, barely a little dusting of something without flavor, not blackened. Vegetables were too hard to eat, much less enjoy.

I ordered chicken, broccoli alfredo. Usually can't do a bad job on alfredo. Well the sauce was like water with no flavor. Actually was so runny that if you dropped a noodle in the juice, it would splash on your clothes. Does that tell you enough?

Server was by the table a couple of times only to pause with a word that was spoken so fast you couldn't understand her. Never did she pause long enough for us to let her know we were unhappy with the food so that we may speak with a manager. Needless to say, will not be back to visit Applebees anytime soon. There are enough other good restaurants who do appreciate your business and give good service.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“What value for price paid?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

3 bites of food for 3 times the price, need I say more? Why go here when I cna go numerous other places for half the price and recive twice the quality!

Bloomington, Illinois
“Great Food!!! Rude servers:(”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

My fiancé and I love the food at this place and we never pay more than $25 on our ticket. We leave full and content.

However, the service is awful. The staff treats you as though you are inconveniencing them with your patronage. The only reason we keep going back is the food at fair prices.

Pick your poison.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jackson, mo
“quality food, iffy service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

This being a chain restaurant insures the food quality is equal across the board compared to other locations. I always enjoy the Bourbon Street steak dinners and my wife enjoys the Asian Orange Bowl. We rotate the appitizers to make things unique when we visit.
This location is unpredictable when it comes to the quality of service. Some times it is packed and you would expect service to be affected. Other times the dining room is not crowded and you literally have to go get your server who is standing around at the bar area to come assist you. On one occassion I actually used my cell phone to call the restaurant to get someone to send a server over to take our meal orders and refill our drinks. The bartender who answered the phone asked where I was so I waved my hands for him to see me. When we watched the bartender tell our server she was needed in our area several tables around me shouted for joy because 3 tables besides me had been waiting a while. This may have embarrassed the waitress but we all had been watching her for over 20 minutes talking to other employees. Calling the restaurant was an isolated event but poor service in a college town is not that uncommon. Some times the service is acceptable no matter how busy the restaurant is and other times there is no excuse. That is why it is always a crap shoot going to AppleBees in Cape.
The last 3 times I have gone the service was fine.

• Visited June 2012