“Wonderful place!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Lazy L Safari Park is a walk-thru zoo featuring animals from around the world. Visitors can walk through the zoo grounds in their own time and at their own pace. Stroll along the creek to watch the zebras or antelope play. Don't miss our Petting Zoo, Animal Nursery, Gift Shop, or Snack Shack. Get up close & personal with our animal friends as you....Take a Walk on the Wild Side!
Scott City, Missouri
“Wonderful place!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I wonder if the person that had the negative things to say, actually went to this same park. My 10 yr old grandson from St Louis was here several weeks ago and we came out to the Lazy L: Safari. We found it to be very clean, and all the animals looked in very good health. My grandson and his family visit Grants Farm, and the St Louis Zoo often and he has been to other zoos, parks and to Disney Safari. He spent longer visiting Lazy L than I thought he would. Said he likes it better than Grants Farm because there you can only feed the goats and here you can feed a lot more animals. Please don't be put off by these comments, because it is not at all like they stated.

Visited August 2013

Saint Louis, Missouri
“SHUT IT DOWN.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

This place was a horrendous, dirty, unorganized mess. Worst of all, the animals were sick and did not appear to be well cared for AT ALL. Their cages were filthy, tiny and falling apart. The male kangaroo was injured with a huge, bloody, open sore on his leg and could barely drag himself around his pen. The chickens had huge bald patches where their feathers were missing. There were about a million goats running around and most of them were pregnant. One of the baby goats got out of the pen somehow, and one of the "workers", an older woman dressed in regular clothing literally threw it back over the fence in front of everyone. There was no fresh water in the cages - we watched for at least 20 minutes as the turtles crawled around from empty bowl to empty bowl, looking for water. They have a huge python in an enclosure so small it barely has room to move. Everything appeared to be rigged, thrown together and falling apart. The list goes on and on. Overall it was disgusting, depressing and I honestly think for the sake of the animals in this awful place, someone needs to intervene.

Visited August 2013
Vicki L, Owner at Lazy L Safari Park, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
To say I was shocked at this scathing review of our zoo would be an understatement. I, and my staff, have been very upset after reading this review. As you can tell from the previous 15 reviews, this review is not consistent with what our other customers have experienced during their visits. We are licensed and regulated by the USDA and are regularly inspected with no problems. We are devoted to our animals and their care 24/7 and have never had someone speak critically of our zoo like this. Most of our visitors come tell us how “clean” we keep the zoo and how “nice” the animals look. I have private messaged this reviewer who visited our zoo on Saturday, August 10th to try and find out exactly how she came to these conclusions. I would also like to point out that this reviewer did NOT bring her accusations to my or any of my staff’s attention during her visit. Perhaps if she would have done this we could have answered her questions and concerns at that time. I realize everyone is entitled to an opinion, but I must take exception with items that are NOT factual. 1) Our kangaroos (male or female) are NOT injured in ANY way. 2) The land tortoises (we don’t have any turtles at our zoo) had already eaten their food for the day by the time she arrived (after 1:30 pm). They often spill their water, but just for the record – land tortoises get their water from the grass or their food source (lettuce). ALL water bowls, tanks, and tubs are refilled with fresh water both morning and evening at our zoo. 3) A few younger goats like to sneak out of their pen from time to time to visit with our visitors. There are NOT a million goats running around and they are not pregnant as 99% have already given birth this year. 4) The “older” woman mentioned has worked for my family and been a family friend for over 40 years. She is the LAST person in the world that would ever endanger an animal. She did pick up a young goat and “set” him over the fence (twice actually that day) because he was interrupting the birthday party at the picnic shelter. 5) The large python is in an enclosure that is larger than a normal reptile display. When a python eats it likes to lie around and does not move a lot – and our python is very healthy. As a matter of fact, ALL of our animals are healthy and NOT sick as this reviewer has claimed. The only accusation that was correct is that the chickens DO have bald patches where their feathers are missing and here is why: ALL chickens that are egg layers (and ours are good layers) will have feathers missing. This is from the rooster breeding them. These feathers will grow back. This is not anything that we are doing wrong – this is nature. I have given this reviewer my personal cell phone number and asked her to call in order to respond to this review. I am hoping she calls me and we can discuss this so we can ease her concerns and put these issues to rest. Thank You – Vicki Lantz, Owner, Lazy L Safari Park
Saint Louis, Missouri
11 attraction reviews
“What a fun find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We just left there today. What a fun was to spend an hour or so-Inexpensive and hands on. We got to pet tons of animals and feed a ton as well. The kids loved it and so did the adults. Thanks for a fun way to blow some time. We will be back!

“Awesome!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

We brought our grandchildren and I don't know who had more fun us or the kids. The parakeet house was amazing. We do wish the camel ride had been open. The kids had really wanted to riide! Thank you we will be back!

Pukwana, South Dakota
“Lemurs, Turtles and Badgers...OH MY!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We very much enjoyed the walk thru the animals. Listening to the comments from the children was entertaining as well. My ultimate favorite was feeding the Parakeets. You enter their space and they land right on you to feed! Fun for all ages. Recommend this for everyone near or traveling through Cape Girardeau. Many more to include.....
Zebras, Gators and Pygmy Goats... Stop By!