“Great location with authentic Cajun Cuisine” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Seafood, Sandwiches
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Stewartsville, New Jersey
“Great location with authentic Cajun Cuisine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

This was my second visit to Broussard’s and it was another good experience; great location in downtown Cape Girardeau just a stone’s throw from the river. Broussard’s is casual with a full bar and large Cajun menu.
On this visit I enjoyed the Wednesday lunch special, a half portion of Jambalaya with salad ($7.99). The Jambalaya was a generous portion of spicy sausage, chicken, shrimp and rice with an authentic creole sauce.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Oak Ridge, Tennessee
“Just okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Food was okay (red beans and rice with sausage for me, catfish for my wife) atmosphere was so so. Service was okay. Bar with smokers too near the dining area.

Visited July 2014
Lenexa
“lots of fried food, large portions and prices quite high; in downtown Cape, a good distance from I-55”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

If you're wanting real New Orleans food, you better keep driving on I-55 to New Orleans because you're not going to get it here. The food here was decent, but it was far from excellent, at least on the day we visited based on what we had. My catfish was certainly okay but it wasn't great, and given the prices, I think it should have been great. There are lots of fried things, but you can get other things. The thing that really struck me was the overall extremely high price level, especially for Cape Girardeau. I will say the portions were huge, but most people really can't eat that much so I think they would be doing much better to lower the prices and the portion size. The other thing about this is that this place is quite a way away from I-55. It is extremely inconvenient for people just passing through who are looking for a fairly quick meal. If you have the time and the money, this place is okay but I don't understand why it is so highly rated. I didn't think it was nearly as good as most other reviewers seem to think. Service was fine, but nothing extraordinary. The environment where this place is located was fairly charming however--this place is very close to the Mississippi River.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Anna
“Better than a lot of places in New Orleans!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Food was excellently prepared, atmosphere was warm and inviting. Our server Abbie was attentive and gave excellent suggestions. Portions sizes were large, had enough to take home. Drinks were delicious!

Carbondale, Illinois
“Certainly not New Orleans”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I had not been to Broussards for several years. It was clean and our waitress was polite and prompt. The restaurant/bar smells like cigarette smoke. The food came out hot but the taste was only fair, Gumbo had too much roux, and it was hard to find any sea food. Red beans and rice not as tasty as true Southern Louisiana or even Popeye's. Catfish was so so. In short I will just fix my own at home or wait until I travel to Louisiana Probably better if you sit in bar, have several beers, get senses dulled by the cigarette smoke and alcohol before dining

• Visited July 2014