“Convenient location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Centerstone Inn

You added Centerstone Inn to your Saves list
Centerstone Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1701 Oak Street, Canton, MO 63435 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Canton
Carroll
“Convenient location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Room was clean, comfortable and fresh. The staff was friendly and helpful. Standard continental breakfast fare, nothing special to remember. Stayed here more out of convenience/need than any other reason. Will stay again while traveling between Iowa and Missouri.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

We have stayed at this hotel now 6 or 7 times as it is the only hotel in the town of our son's college. It is nice to walk in and have them remember our name. The place is clean and comfortable. The breakfast area needs help! It is far too small when there are numerous guests eating. It helps to have the meeting room for "over-flow", but it doesn't have any of the things needed (syrup, salt, pepper, utensils, napkins). Just very crowded. I have traveled to visit our son alone and never feel nervous about being there alone, even walking from the far end of the lot late at night.

• Stayed October 2012
Brunswick, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Don't plan on your GPS to take you here...you will end up on the other end of town in a gravel lot. The hotel was quiet and clean. Hot tub was relaxing. Didn't eat breakfast since had to leave very early in the morning.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We have stayed at the Comfort Inn in Canton Mo several times because of it's close proximity to our son's college. This is one of the best hotel experiences we have ever had. The staff there treats you like family and everyone has always been so helpful and friendly. The rooms are always clean as is the lobby and pool area. They have added refrigerators in all of their rooms. Thebreakfast selection is always very nice with plenty of choices. Jeremy and manager Tina have always taken time to visit with customers and make you feel at home. We love the Canton Comfort Inn.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

My Wife and I (both seniors) along with our Granddaughter stayed at the Canton Mo. Comfort Inn for nine nights the first of Oct. this year. Our time with Tina (Manager) and her well trained crew was like going home. They took care of all our needs and treated us like family. They are continually upgrading the rooms and when a maintenance problem is identified it is immediately remedied. The hot breakfast each morning is better than can be found in most resturants. All staff members are friendly and professional. I highly recommend this motel.

Room Tip: A non-smoking room on the top floor will have nobody walking overhead. Also, a room on the end give...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Denver
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I was given some grim medical news in Sept 2012, as a result my Husband was taking me from OK to IL to see family. We had planned on staying four days in MO to see other family members before moving on. At the last minute there was a emergency that prevented my Husband from accompanying us on the trip. I tried to make it to Canton, but became to tired to continue the travel between the illness and having my daughter with me I decided to stop sooner. I thought the cancellation time was 6pm, so as soon as I was able to stop off the OK toll road I called the Hotel. The gentleman at the front desk informed me that the cancellation time was 4pm, and that I would have to speak to the manager. After being on hold for a short time, a lady came on the phone, who announced herself as the manager. She informed me that" The cancellation time is 4pm, and this is a busy weekend for me. As a employee you should know better than to cancel late. I will cancel this one night but I am putting a flag in your pro-folio because this is unacceptable as a employee." I thanked her and told her I had the wrong time in my head. I then told her that I would be staying for one night, not the four we had planned since it was just us and not my Husband too. At this point she became not only rude, but angry. "This is a busy sold out weekend for me and you just cost me room nights. As an employee I hold you accountable, and this is unacceptable." She then told me "I can not cancel a part of the reservation. I will cancel the whole thing and as an employee you will have to rebook the nights you need." I explained to her that I was NOT an employee, that my Husband managed a hotel and he booked the rooms for us. The manager then informed me that I "needed to call my Husband, or who ever booked the rooms, and have then rebook the one room night." Needless to say, I stayed at another hotel. The manager never once asked if I was an employee, she assumed and treated me rudely as a result. It is a friends and family link Iwe booked through. Glad this was not a friend or family member we made this reservation for!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Pleasant Plains, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

We stopped here traveling to Iowa. I would not change anything. Great morning breakfast, clean rooms, friendly employees, etc.. I would love to stay here again. Easy on and off the freeway. Pool and hot tub was very clean.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Centerstone Inn? Share your experiences!