“Pass on this Place” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Irish Hills Lakeside Resort

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Camdenton
Irish Hills Lakeside Resort
You added Irish Hills Lakeside Resort to your Saves list
578 W Lake Park, Camdenton, MO 65020   |
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
“Pass on this Place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

This place was a total let down. I went here with my sorority for a formal which i know can be difficult but we were going to a private resort for a reason. The cops were there several times which i don't completely blame the place for but i have a feeling it was the owners who were doing the cop calling because i felt like i had a constant babysitter and at 26 that seems a bit much. Let me also state we do a formal every year and have never had the cops come and this year wasnt any more crazy than those in the past. I would also say if you do choose this place which i strongly recommend against you turn in a list of things that dont work properly when you first arrive because they will charge you for things you didnt do. For example they charged my group with a broken pull out bed that was unusable in the first place. It was broken before we got there and the shape of the couch was so bad i really didnt even want to sit on it yet they want to charge hundreds of dollars to replace it. It was dirty which i can let go for a place on the lake but not when there were so many other problems. Like the death trap of a path we were expected to drive in on. So thanks again to Irish Hills for ruining my formal and being an over all horrible place. I hope this review keeps you from getting customers.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Adrian
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

I made a reservation online and upon arrival they didn't have a spot big enough for my trailer even though I specifically stated how big and wide my trailer was. The spot they tried to give me didn't even have the 30 amp service that was promised and was intended for a tent or a small pop up. They made no options available and upon requesting a refund they kicked me off of the property, saying "you need to leave and no refund!" Definetely would not recommend to anyone. The customer service and they facilities are not what they seem. The pool looked green and they don't car about whether you stay or come back. Also, they don't include kids in the price of the per night stay. They wanted to charge me an extra $5 per kid (I had 4) per night on top of the regular fee. Will not be back and dont recomend anyone go here, it's a joke!

Room Tip: Dont come here you will be dissappointed!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Delavan, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

The road from the entrance to the resort and down to the cabins was in bad shape. There were several deep ruts and loose gravel which would make it very hard if not impossible for a 2 wheel vehicle to get back up.

The overall condition gave an unkempt appearance to the resort.

Our cabin had not had a good cleaning for at least several weeks. The overhead fans were completely gross, the stove top was disgusting and the bathroom was just plain dirty.

There was a funky smell near the stove and refrigerator and also a musty smell.
The place was in definite need of updating(blinds did not work, no outlets accessible in bathroom, etc.)

I will say that the beds were clean and comfortable. Maybe they can turn this around but we would not recommend at this time.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Irish Hills Lakeside Resort? Share your experiences!