“Our Familys #1 Choice - Nicest Restaurant Around for American and Mexican Food!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of El Imperial

Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Cabool
Cuisines: Mexican
Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

When visiting relatives in Mtn Grove, El Imperial is our familys #1 choice for eating out. The menu has many Mexican entrees and several American Classics in an attractive, clean setting. The tamale tasted quite authentic (and delicious). Service was attentive and welcoming. Note, the photo posted is incorrect. El Imperial is in a renovated storefront on the main street in downtown Cabool.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Pretty good Mexican food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Went for Sunday lunch, place was crowded but they found space for our party of 9. My burrito Jalisco was excellent and everyone else in my group enjoyed theirs as well. Service was attentive.

Visited May 2014
“Best Mexican restaurant anywhere around.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

very good food with a good selection of Mexican entrees and some American as well. Has a great hamburger.

Visited June 2013
Saint Louis
“Good Food, clean restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Ate here with 3 other family members. Service was good and server was attentive and refilled our drinks and chips as needed. Although I didn't order the "American" food on the menu, I appreciated that it was available as sometimes I wish burgers or chicken strips were offered in a Mexican restaurant. I ordered Fajita Aztecas (I think that was the name) which was a platter of two chicken burritos with green sauce and cheese poured over the top sided with beans and rice. I didn't even try the rice as it didn't look so great, but the burritos I ate up. I gave my dad a try and he said it was really good. He ordered the Flying Saucer which looks like a Taco Salad without the sides of the bowl and he cleaned his plate. The other two in the party ordered a chicken quesadilla which they ate up and enchaladas which also dissapeared, however he said he had better but that they were ok.
Over all it was 37 for 4 meals and two drinks. Not two bad for a Sunday meal. Most platters were priced at around 8 bucks. Several were a few dollars more. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a meal in this area.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Everywhere
“Not the worst Mexican food I've ever had, but pretty darn close!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Recently had the occasion to visit friends in this small town. On a Sunday, there aren't many choices and this place was (unfortunately) the only one open at the time. The premises were reasonably cheerful and the menu seemed pretty varied from steak to chicken on the "American" fare and standard "Mexican" fare. Not wanting to wander thru the list, I settled on a favorite of mine...tamales. BIG MISTAKE! While they may have been "home made", I was unsure exactly WHEN they were made!. Stale, overcooked, flavorless and tough. The refried beans tasted as if they'd been sitting in the pan all day and were stale and dried out. The rice? Also lacked flavor (although it was the least "overdone" thing on the plate. Would I eat there again??? Not on a BET!!

• Visited March 2013