“Second beer, maybe. Guess not.” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Description: 105 N Maple St Buffalo, MO 65622 (417) 345-5045
Description: 105 N Maple St Buffalo, MO 65622 (417) 345-5045
Lee's Summit, Missouri
“Second beer, maybe. Guess not.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

The Maple Street Grill is in a neat old building just off the square. I stopped in on a Friday evening. It was clean and bright. Some neon, some John Wayne, some Marilyn. You get it, old stuff. It has character. They have beer, not on tap, but in bottles. I got my first beer pretty fast. The waitress was quick to take my order, but that was when things went into slow motion. I ordered the Maple Street Bad Boy with fries. They have a tenderloin on the menu, but I found out that it is no match for the "world's largest tenderloin". I had my first beer almost drank before my food showed up and I was nursing it like it was my only beer. The burger was real good and flavorful. The fries seemed over seasoned, maybe just over salted. No one checked on me. No one asked how my food tasted. No second beer. Now I know why I was nursing the first one. It truly was my only beer. The bright side is I saved some money not getting a second beer and next to no service.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Lenexa
“located on the square at least 5 minutes from U.S. 65 and service very slow; beer available”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

If you're on any type of time schedule and/or just passing through town on U.S 65 and looking for a quick bite to eat, it's probably best to eat elsewhere. This place is on the square and at least 5 minutes away from U.S. 65, and then on top of that, it took them at least 35 minutes to bring out our food at lunch today. When they did, the "big fish sandwich" was pretty good as were the fries--not great but pretty good. The portions were huge. Atmosphere of this place was dark but pleasant and unlike a lot of places in mid and southern Missouri, they served beer here, including my favorite, Blue Moon. Overall, prices were reasonable but no great value. Am going to give it 3 stars in large part due to the slow service. Given how uncrowded they were today, the long delay seemed pretty unreasonable.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Springfield, Missouri
“Wife Loves the Coleslaw”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

Great place to eat in Buffalo, Mo. Located on the Northwest corner of the square. Only open Wednesday thru Saturday but darn good food. Have Blue Plate Specials which include dessert. My wife really loves the coleslaw and always gets an order to go. This time we ate in the bar section which has a tv for the sports viewers. Food and Service was EXCELLENT!

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Springfield, Missouri
“Easily the best place in Buffalo, Missouri”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

I ate at Maple Street Grill last night. Huge menu. On week nights it is open until 9:00 p.m. The patty melt and fries were very good. Service was good. Parking was at the front door. There is a smoking side and a nonsmoking side. The bar looked like a good place to hang out. The waitress said that on Friday and Saturday nights the bar is packed. Two iced teas, two sandwiches, fries, and the total bill was approximately $20.00. I don't recall whether or not breakfast is served. A newspaper article indicates that the restaurant has been open for thirty years. We will go back if we are in Buffalo or driving through.

• Visited April 2014
Rogersville, Missouri
“Pretty darned good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I had the opportunity to eat at Maple Street Grill last night after traveling to Buffalo for a funeral visitation. The decor was okay, the bar area is really cool with an old bar and lots of brick. Our server was good . I ordered the pork tenderloin sandwich as did my sister and brother in law. It was delicious. Seemed to be hand breaded and the grilled bun was really good. I would definitely eat here again. My only complaint was that they were very slow in getting our food to us.

• Visited April 2013