“A little mazey, but good” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Airport Plaza Inn & Conference Center

You added Airport Plaza Inn & Conference Center to your Saves list
Airport Plaza Inn & Conference Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4530 North Lindbergh Boulevard, Bridgeton, Saint Louis, MO 63044-2201   |
Special Offer
Book Direct for Best Rate
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Bridgeton
Nixa, Missouri
“A little mazey, but good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We reserved a room through Hotels.com and thought that the airport parking was included with our price, however it was not. After we got over that (they charge $5/day, which is really reasonable compared to the other airport parking options), we realized that the shuttle we needed in the morning was already full--their van only holds 9 passengers and you have to reserve your spot--the shuttle runs every 30 minutes. So we signed up for the next later shuttle since the hotel is so close to the airport and the receptionist swore the shuttle would leave right on time. Our room was nice, big, comfy beds and clean. There aren't many outside entrances and the hotel is set up sort of in a square of hallways, so be sure you know which way you need to walk when you leave your hotel room or you could be taking a long walk in the wrong direction.

Continental breakfast in the morning; our shuttle did in fact leave on time and it took us less than 5 minutes to get to the airport, so we reached our plane in time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Janice P, General Manager at Airport Plaza Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you for taking time to share your experience with our property. We do a very large park & fly business. When booking however, please be sure you book the sleep & fly package that includes the extended parking and is available on Best Wester. com , Expedia and Hotels.com. Thank you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

I stay here every 6 months. The first time I stayed here I followed the directions from the ParkSleepFly website and had no trouble finding it. Since then it has been very easy to find. The hotel is tired looking, but I use it to only sleep, so it suits me. It does have an exercise room, pool, and restaurant. The restaurant has good food. Large servings, and priced that way. The best thing for me is having covered parking for my car while I travel. The park and fly feature trumps everything else.

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Central U.S.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Very close to the airport, but until you get used to finding this place, navigation can be a bit of a challenge. I've been there many times so have no trouble finding it. Hotel is adequate for a Best Western. Rooms were clean and hotel staff were good. Restaurant has a very 'temporary' air to it, service was slow, the burger was great. There is also an Indian Restaurant in the top of the tower, that is a great place to airport watch.

Getting the shuttle back has always been a bit problematic. Do carry-on and call for the shuttle as you are taking the short walk out and you will be told to call when you get to Gate 18, and probably still wait a bit.

4/24, just before midnight, I called at the luggage carousel with luggage in hand, was told to go to gate 18 to meet the shuttle. There are multiple hotel shuttles, so we stood outside to be able to spot the BW and be ready to go. 15 minutes later, still no shuttle - it's only a 4 minute drive. Another passenger had already been waiting 5-10 minutes before we got there. She told us that she once waited an hour, only to have the shuttle driver pull over after picking her up, get out and go talk to another shuttle driver! I think both of us may have made repeat calls, to be told each time, "the shuttle is en-route". After 45 minutes, of standing in 47 degree temps, he showed up, from the east terminal, with one couple who had also waited 45 minutes. While we waited for the BW Shuttle, we saw other airport shuttles make the round trip twice. We had been traveling for 24 hours and still had another two to go. Thanks Best Western Airport for managing to add almost another hour to us getting home. Did I mention this was around midnight, not exactly a busy time at STL.

Good value for a hotel room and parking. POOR shuttle service. Next time I'll try paying a bit more and hope for better service, elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the parking structure, heavy interior/exterior doors that are very loud on...
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I picked this one because I have always had a positive experience with Best Western, but this one was disappointing This is an old hotel that someone has remodeled, but did not do a good job. The hotel can be seen from the highway, but it will take you several trips around the block to figure how to get in. Lobby is nice, but the rooms are not. I also was not impressed with the breakfast as things weren't kept up. I will stay with Best Western again, but never in this one.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This is a great place to stay if your are flying out of St. Louis. They have package deals called Park/Sleep/Fly and we did exactly that. Checked in just to watch The Louisville/ Michigan game, slept and they took us to the airport the next morning. This is not the place to stay long term. Rooms are just one and if you are on the third or forth floor, there is no elevator. Not a bit deal, but not fun to drag suitcases up the steps. They do have a covered garage and that is nice.

Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

This hotel offers you a clean place to stay and included two weeks of parking, which is about the best I can say. It goes downhill from there fast. #1. It is very hard to find. You can see it from the street, but there is no direct access. In fact, you have to call the hotel to get a different address to plug into your GPS or you'll never figure out how to get there. #2. Good thing we had our "park and fly" paper work, because they had no record of our reservation when we showed up. Fortunately they still had a room because it was late and we were counting on the extended parking. #3. It is a two story hotel with no elevators. (How is that even legal?) Therefore, if you are shopping for a cheap room, you get stuck on the second level and you have to lug your suitcases (all five of them for our two week trip) up the stairs and back down. #4 Their free shuttle service to the airport is just one van so if you are leaving for a flight at a busy time, you will get left standing at the curb while the driver drops of the first load and comes back for every one else. Someone asked the driver "How am I going to make it to my flight on time?" and his response was "Complain to the front desk because they won't hire a second driver." Check, consider that done. #5 The parking structure is very small and close quarters. Maybe if you have a compact car it will do but it was very hard to park my medium size pickup, which leads me to my last point. #6, Somebody backed into me and left a number to call saying "Sorry, I backed into you." Called the number which was disconnected. Nice. This place is a disaster. People were polite enough and the room is clean, but the location and service is a train wreck. Avoid this place and pay the $8 a day for parking elsewhere.

Room Tip: Pay $50 more to stay at one of the nicer/closer hotels to the airport and use their onsite parking e...
Atkins, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I guess you get what you pay for. WE received the park and fly which was a great deal considering airport parking was $10-20 a day. This was a good place to sleep. Shuttle service was nice and we had no problems on drop off or pick up. Breakfast was decent as we left super early to catch out plane. The place seemed too big and very few places to park even by our building entrance. We did park out vehicle in the covered garage while we were on vacation and had no problems and the shuttle driver even dropped us off at our car after leaving the airport. The halls in outer buildings seemed dark and not well lit, which was a safety concern. Check in was nothing to impressing as I had to wait for the receptionist to finish her personal call about telling someone she knew about taking a day off. The other one kept walking from the front desk to the back and came back with a full mouth of food and had no time for me. I wouldn't have known how to sign up for the shuttle other than I found a sign up sheet on the desk that wasn't even told about.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the lobby or attached to the parking garage. The other buildings, the parking i...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Airport Plaza Inn & Conference Center? Share your experiences!