“THIS PLACE SUCKED” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 14 hotels in Bridgeton
Des Moines, Iowa
“THIS PLACE SUCKED”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

If your looking for a non classy place to stay for this would be it. Nothing about this place was special. The only thing good about this place, they had a good photographer taking the site pictures. You dont see the condoms left in the elevator, toilet seat used before you used it, or idiots working behind the counters..,........

Room Tip: No room was good. If anything, bring a hard club.....
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

57 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Greenville, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

I volunteer at a homeless shelter, which is a MUCH nice place than this dump. This could be a decent place if they would just clean up the trash and put a little effort into maintenance and cleaning. Be warned, you will probably go home with bed bugs...if not something worse!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
St. Louis
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

I've read other reviews to this horror of a place and it's not at all an exaggeration. However, when people tell you that it's gross it's SERIOUSLY the most disgusting Hotel that I've EVER been in in my life. Ok, so when I was younger, yeah, I went with my boyfriend to some pretty sleazy motels that were GOLD compared to this dump.

Bridgeton, Missouri is actually a great place to live. I never knew that I would be literally walking into a nightmare. I was supposed to drop my 14 year old daughter and two of her friends there for their friends Quinceañera and when we walked in we felt like we were in the cast of a horror movie. The lobby floor was disgusting. It literally looked like a crack head working behind the front desk it was pretty comical. We went upstairs to the banquet hall and on the way up the stairs it was seriously creepy. The walls were disgusting and dirty the carpet was down right filthy. It was dark upstairs and it just gave me the weebie jeebies. My kids were even scared and 14 year olds generally have no fear. So needless to say I didn't dare drop them and leave them at this hell hole of a place. The visitor photos that they show on this site is down right A LIE! It looks NOTHING like that believe me!

OK so get this! When we were outside getting ready to get out of our car before we entered in Hotel Hell, this man and his wife asked us if we were there for the Quinceañera. I told him yes and asked if he was. He told me no that him and his wife had been staying there for several days because they didn't have any place to go. He told me that as soon as it gets dark they don't dare come out of their room and all hell breaks loose especially on the weekends. He even told me don't dare drop your daughter off alone here. He also told me that the worst ghetto in the United States does not compare to this Hotel. He was NOT JOKING!

I cannot tell you how many crack heads and junkies came in and out of this place. I cannot even begin to tell you how many car alarms were going off in the parking lot and how many police showed up as I was leaving. If you stay there, you asked for it! I SERIOUSLY cannot believe that Bridgeton would allow a place like this in their community.

I've never written a review in my life and I know I gave an ear full but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not EVER EVER EVER stay at this place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Rockford, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012 via mobile

Worst most disgusting place I have ever been in all life. I even refused to let my two year old to walk on floor with out shoes it was so gross.. Bad smell, burn marks, cigarettes everywhere. My room didn't even look like they cleaned it, the beds were made that's it. There was vomit and gentile hair in sink upon arrival. I then requested a new room to find in the new room there was literally urine dripping from ceiling in bathroom. Manager very rude and lazy. Elevator smelt like urine

• Stayed April 2012
Park Hills, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

WE booked this room through PRICELINE.COM., stayed long enough to go to the room and book another hotel. Our room had blood on the floor, pee in the toliet, DIRTY!, the hot tub was green, pool was dirty, floors nasty, like they had never been vaccumed or cleaned in years!!!. Water stains on the floor, dirt in the entire place! Very unkept, never cleaned, NASTY!!!! Then only thing it was missing was the chalk outline of a dead body and needles. Everything else that u could possibly imagine was there. The Game room had hardly any games and the floor was nasty!!!!The pictures on the website must have been taken YEARS ago! The front desk guy was rude. I tried to get my money back with PRICELINE.COM and they refuse to give my money back. priceline.com is HORRIBLE! I wouldnt let a dog with fleas stay at this hotel. WORST PLACE EVER!!!!! THIS PLACE NEEDS SHUT DOWN!!!!!

Room Tip: ReAD REVIEWS! nothing was good about this place! Nasty!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Doniphan, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

I really don't know where to start. We got there Friday morning about 1 am only to realize I had over paid on Priceline by about $10 a night compared to their usual rates. The room was beyond gross with "stuff" all over the walls (bathroom too). The room did not have a way to lock the door, the chain we broke off. The remote didn't work and my husband, had to go to the desk and get a new one. We were so tired, we stayed, big mistake! The next morning we found out that they don't do breakfast anymore and their isn't a waterslide! The hot tub also didn't work right either. The pool was good though, except for all the little kids that had NO ONE watching them! I was scared to death one of them would drowned. I love kids and can't imagine not watching them around water...but no one was there to enforce "adult supervision". Also their were alot of people "living" in the motel. The smell of pot was so strong at times it was crazy! Plus, alot of people were drunk and drinking around the non-working hot tub. To top off our trip, their was no room service. When we complained they assured us that they would do it tomorrow...if you guessed that was a lie too, you would be right. We stayed a total of 3 nights and was so glad to be out of there. I read some of the reviews before I booked and I apologize for not listening to them. Take it from me, unless you are a druggy that needs a home, this is NOT a family motel! Keep looking.....

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
St Louis, mo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

Finally they have closed down this flea trap. You are safer sleeping in your car or in a tent. Shame on the city of Bridgeton to even let them open. They have changed names before so beware. It use to be such a beautiful hotel and now it is like a slum. the owners do not speak english and there staff is any one who will work. not caring and not trained. just beware they will try to change names.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Been to The Lodge Hotel & Banquets St. Louis Airport? Share your experiences!