“Not as busy as it should be” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Airport West

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Airport West to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Airport West
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3400 Rider Trail South, Bridgeton, Saint Louis, MO 63045   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #4 of 14 hotels in Bridgeton
Fredericton, Canada
“Not as busy as it should be”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

We found this Holiday Inn on a recent road trip through Missouri. The hotel has been recently renovated and was very clean and neat, apart from some ice cream?? smeared on the inside door of one of the elevators. Our room was clean and very nicely appointed, and the pool and fitness facilities were good. They have a restaurant attached which had quite good food and service, although there were hardly any people in it. The whole facility did not seem to be very busy and I hope this was just a down day as it deserves to get busier and do well.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

35 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

This is a well maintained 3+ star property. Right off the Interstate in a quiet area. It is labelled as a airport location but it is a 5-10' drive from the aiport. Free coffee in lobby in the morning, my room had a small fridge, the beds were comfortable and the room was clean. The ice machine is near the elevator and is noisy so ask to be further down the hall.

Room Tip: See above--avoid the rooms near the elevator.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Springfield, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I had a great stay at the Holiday Inn Airport West. Friendly staff. Clean and quiet hotel! No complaints. Went to concert at Verizon Wireless and hotel provided shuttle to and from. Had food from hotel restaurant as well...pretty decent.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Fort Wayne, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Was a spur of the moment trip and I ended up staying there two night. It's convenient, quite, clean, staff couldn't have been more helpful, and was reasonable. Room was very clean, nice large flat screen TV, comfortable bed and very quite.
They have a bar / restaurant just off the lobby. It's more suitable for drinking than eating. (I had two bowls of their French Onion soup, was very tasty).

Room Tip: I stayed on the SW (back) side of the building. Not sure if it was any quieter than the front side b...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Greenville, MS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

The Hotel was great, I stayed there two days. The only problem I had was a mistake made by one of the clerks. I had place the privacy sign outside my door so when the cleaning person saw it instructions was placed under the door to call the front desk when I wanted the room serviced. When I got ready to leave for the day at about 1030 I called the front desk and told the clerk I was leaving for the day and the room could be serviced. When I returned that night at about 10 I was my key card wouldn't work and when I went to the front desk to get that fixed I was told the clerk earlier had checked me out of the room. Luckily my luggage and other items was still in the room and the night clerk checked me back into the room. But each time I'm in the Saint Louis Area I'm going to stay here

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Memphis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

The night clerk was nice was late arriving due to work and other delays room was still available. The bed was high and very comfortable bottle water and snacks in the room tv stations that I like to watch the remote may need to be replace or the battiers now my major problem was no bathtub only a shower and i wanted a soak down bath other than that it was great

• Stayed August 2013
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stayed at this location as the result of an online discount offer. Probably wouldn't have chose it otherwise and we were a little concerned at how far away it was from our destination of Missouri Baptist Univ but as things turned out, it was a good choice. Reportedly, the hotel recently went through a very major renovation - it's quite new and clean feeling.

We arrived at 1130pm and were picked up by the hotel shuttle driver. Great guy, very accommodating and he even took us back out to White Castle after we'd gotten checked in. (Note... ALWAYS use the drive-thru at the local White Castle - it's NOT a good neighborhood!!!).

The hotel is located in a commercial area but not a "bad" area at all. It's literally a few miles from the Verizon Amphitheatre and we even caught a concert while we were there.

The front desk staff was very accommodating and the room was fine. Clean, comfortable and definitely priced right from our online deal. Not sure what the regular rate was, but our deal was unbeatable!

They have a decent restaurant on site, a very small business center and good parking.

Over-all, a good experience!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Airport West, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear lernerfive,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so I was very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service, facilities and the location of the hotel. It encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. Your patronage and support to the hotel is very important to us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Airport West? Share your experiences!