“Nice quiet hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport

You added Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11228 Lone Eagle Drive, Bridgeton, Saint Louis, MO 63044   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Bridgeton
“Nice quiet hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Rooms were modern, comfortable, and clean. Although, after the first night of our multiple night stay we never received housekeeping service. The beds were comfortable and I always like receiving extra pillows. Free wi-fi and parking were great to have. The attached TGI Fridays was also convenient.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Stayed there this past weekend for a quick trip to St. Louis. The hotel was easily located just off I-70. The rooms were extremely comfortable and clean. The staff was friendly when we checked in and very attentive. There is a TGIFriday's in the lower level of the hotel. Only reason I didn't give them 5 stars is because one of the elevators was not in service and at times we waited up to 10 mins for an elevator. Would def stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
HotelManager09, General Manager at Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
I'm so sorry you had to wait for the elevators. We are in the process of doing a modernization project on them. It will be done soon and then all three will work very efficiently.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Excellent staff, great location for travellers. Was in town for a five day conference, cleaning staff needs work. Had to ask for towels on my second night, went 2 days without coffee service in my room. Great for one night, not so much for an extended stay.

• Stayed August 2013
I'm so sorry you had an issue with towels and coffee. I have shared your comments with my team to make sure we don't miss these key items.
Woodbridge, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

The rooms were recently renovated in 2013 and it is very nicely done. The bedding was great and slept very well during my short stay. This was the first time I've stayed at a Crowne Plaza in a while and I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the new upscale travel amenities (soap, hand lotion, sleeping and relaxation helps, etc.). The writing desk chair was very comfortable and the free in-room wireless was a great help.

Most importantly, the breakfast buffet had a wide variety of food and was tasty. During my stay, I also attended a business meeting in one of the meeting rooms and we had lunch catered by the hotel. The entire lunch was very good--cold cuts, cheeses, fruits, and artisan whole-grain breads--but the brownies and cookies we had for dessert were the best!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

What could have been a disaster was remedied quickly and with a smile. I arrived and there was no place to park. And I mean NO. PLACE. Seems every nearby hotel had some special event, the restaurants were full... it was getting dark and we were tired. So I just pulled into the drop-off lane, and they said no problem, leave the car while we checked in and went up to unpack. I asked for a luggage cart, and someone went to go find one. I have been a lot of hotels where they don't actually go look - but this guy did. We checked in quickly and easily - they were well staffed and everything was in order with my reservation. But still no luggage cart. So we (my 8yo and I) decided to carry our luggage. It's not that we *couldn't* do it - we could, but it had been a loooooong day. They let us leave our car while we lugged everything up - and as we were getting off on the 5th floor, here was the guy who was looking for the cart - still no cart. But he recognized me and instantly - and earnestly - offered to help with our luggage. We were so close by then that I declined his offer.

However, when we got to the door, it didn't open. Light turned green, handle moved, door stayed shut. Frustrated and tired I called the front desk to complain and ask for help. WITHIN 1 MINUTE, maintenance was at my side. The door handle had been installed improperly and had to be lifted UP instead of pushed down to open. (Whaaaat?) I was irritated, rattled off my complaints (harsher than this poor guy probably needed to hear - though as a rule I don't curse with my 8yo around). Then I suggested that he put in a work order to have that door fixed.

Less than 5min later, a knock at the door. A manager there to try to make things right - I told her that none of her staff had done anything wrong - quite the contrary - they had all been great, it was just 3 annoying things in the 1st 20 minutes and I was frustrated. She insisted on buying us dinner at the adjacent TGIFriday's, but we were in for the night - she insisted, so I did order a (fantastic) dessert.

When we walked down to the small shop area to get water bottles for the evening, the same clerk who checked my in refused to allow me to pay for the water - because of the rough day I had.

The breakfast the next AM was great - the pool was clean and not too cold, not too warm.

The room was fine - an airport hotel - not meant for long stays - I was surprised there was no refridgerator in the room. THAT is the only thing I would change. What a stellar staff they have!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Cassandra McDonnald at the front desk was very pleasant and sweet. Always had a smile and was very helpful. She's very comfortable in her position and WHEN I stay again I will request her to take Care if me. Thank You Cassandra for your warm welcome.

• Stayed August 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I belong to the Priority Club program and am able to bring my grandkids once a year for a Hotel Holiday, for FREE with my charge card points. We get two rooms and stay 2-3 nights somewhere here in the St. Louis area. We received free breakfast and a managers reception each evening, at no cost. They have a big indoor heated swimming pool, and it's very clean. The staff are very friendly, and the rooms are immaculate and comfortable. Bedding is thick and plush, plus they have a desk with a chair and an upholstered comfortable chair. They offer free shuttle service and no charge for parking.

Room Tip: We were upgraded to top floor because I'm a platinum member of this hotel group. Ask about joini...