“Outter Appearance Can Be Deceiving” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport

You added Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11228 Lone Eagle Drive, Bridgeton, Saint Louis, MO 63044   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Bridgeton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Outter Appearance Can Be Deceiving”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

As we entered the hotel lobby, we thought we were in for a real treat. The hotel lobby was beautiful. The decor is warm and very welcoming! Now, for the guest rooms, you;re in for a real treat. I was so disappointed witht the guest rooms. It's in need of a serious makeover to make the lobby appearance. We had to change rooms 3 times. First time, the bed had a bed on the sheets and the sheets were dirty. The second time the sheets was dirty w/hair on it. Also, the pillows were disgusting. I couldn't believe that those pillows were in a guest room. I had never taken pictures but this time I had too. It was too disgusting. The third room was ok, but I was so dismayed w/the other room that I couldn't really get comfortable. Now, the front guest staff did try to accomodate our mishaps as much as they could by switching us room and giving us a few other perks but it just didn't match up to the comfortability I was seeking on this first trip to St. Louis.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
HotelManager09, General Manager at Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
I am so sorry to hear about your disappointing stay with us. I would really like the chance to speak with you about it if you would call the hotel and ask for me (314-291-6700). Thank you for taking the time to let me know about your stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Stevens Point, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

I found this hotel just fantastic for me and my group who stayed there for our two-week job oreintation. The shuttle took us anywhere we needed with no questions asked. The hotel front desk was there for anything we needed. We had fun in the multitude of "hang out" areas. We were in the 8th floor lounge, we ate at The Cloud restaurant in the morning and at T.G.I. Fridays at night, and we even went to there bar in the lobby. We had no problem not feeling homesick while we were there becuse of all the variety of things they did have. Also, our group used one of their meeting rooms, which was set up in a very professional manner with ice water at each table and pens with paper provided on out elaborately decorate tables where we sat. I felt valued when i went to this hotel and I would go out of my way to stay here again. Great stay and great accomodations.

Room Tip: Get on the 8th floor to get access to the lounge.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Springfield, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We have stayed in this hotel at Least twice a year for the past four years and this year we just had enough! The service is excellent but great service in my opinion can never overshadow cleanliness! This hotel needs a major overhaul! The rooms have visible rust stain on any exposed metal surface, fixture. The carpets are badly stained as well as much of the furniture in the rooms to the point where you might question if the bedding is laundered regularly! The grout in the bathrooms always look "dingy". Until this hotel cleans up its act....we will be staying elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2012
, General Manager at Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
I am sorry to hear about your stay! The good news is, we started the renovation today!! As we speak the first rooms are having furniture removed and new carpet, vinyl, furniture and TV's are getting ready to move in.

I would like to have you come back when we have new rooms and see us again. If you will contact me directly at the hotel, I will be happy to have your family as a guest in our TGI Friday's restaurant as well.
Mexico, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

1st room wasn't clean, sheets were dirty. The bathroom floor, sink and vanity were covered in hair. Moved to second room, it wasn't much better. Lights were burned out in bathroom. Dirty towels were in hallway when we got there and still there the next morning, along with food and trash. Pool was disgusting. Had to call for shuttle when returning from airport, lady told us to go to exit in different terminal. I won't ever use or recommend this hotel again.

Room Tip: don't know about breakfast or spa.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
I'm very disappointed to hear about this. I would really appreciate the opportunity to speak with you about it if you will call me directly at the hotel.
Lake Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

We've moved 6 times in 50 months, so we've driven trucks right up to the check-in at least a dozen times with no problem...until now. No clearance markings anywhere and one pathetically tiny sign make it easy to think past experience matters. It doesn't and the front desk couldn't care less.

Room Tip: Join the Priority Club and always ask for an upgrade.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Corpus Christi, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

You can tell that the hotel is a bit dated, although still very nice. My room was wonderful. But the walls were very thin. I could hear everything that happened in hall or atrium. The bed and pillows were great. Plenty of nice thick towels. My main complaint was they shut the pool down for a private party. I stayed here since they had a nice indoor pool and was quite upset when it was closed for an entire evening. You should use banquet rooms and such for that..not a common area that all GUESTS are paying to use. I was very upset with a very dissappointed child. I would stay here again..but only if I was sure they werent going to shut the pool down.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Urbana, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

We stayed two nights here. I always ask for a quiet room but this is the first time we've had one in a wing designated "Quiet." We appreciated that. Our room was obviously one that had not yet been renovated. The mattress was a bit hard and the furniture and bathroom fixtures worn. It was clean and worked fine for us. Breakfast is not included unless you choose a more expensive package deal. There is free Internet.

Room Tip: The quiet room is not for those traveling with children or pets but great for those who want a quiet...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport? Share your experiences!