“It's a dump, not suitable for business” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport

You added Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11228 Lone Eagle Drive, Bridgeton, Saint Louis, MO 63044   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Bridgeton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“It's a dump, not suitable for business”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012 via mobile

Its right next to the airport. Unfortunately we were there at the time of the baptist convention, which meant that hotels are sold out. We arrrived late with a few colleagues flying in from Europe. Upon check in we were told there were only smoking rooms available. The reception was not helpful at all. Whilst we were discussing we learnt the hotel is planning a major renovation, starting June 2012.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Dear Jacques B,

Thank you for taking time to write your feedback. Please accept my sincerest apology for the inconvenience the staff may have caused. I will follow up with the staff to ensure similar incidents won't happen again.

We are in the process of modernizing our facility to serve our guests better and this is expected to be completed by October 31st, 2012.

We hope to have the chance of hosting you again and I hope when you will return you will see the improvements made.

Pam G.
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Watertown, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

This was my second stay at this hotel and likely my last. My initial stay was a brief stop-over before a morning flight. This stay was for a week. The hotel is definitely aging, but my main problem was a lack of responsiveness by the staff. The first night I was there I noticed the plugs on the lamp (for the desk) did not work. I called the front desk and he said it would be some time before he could someone up there to fix it. It was late so I asked if he could just have someone come in the next day to fix it. He said no problem. Well needless to say, when I returned the next night to get a little work done before going to bed, it had not been touched. My next issue was hot water in the shower. I called the front desk and was told I needed to let the water run for up to 15 minutes to get hot water. Finally, I had a little down time on one of the days I was there and wanted to use the hot tub. Unfortunately, the water the anything but hot. It was the same temperature as the pool.

That said, the hotel is not all bad. I liked having the TGI Fridays in the lobby, and the free breakfast was fine. There were just too many negatives for me to stay here again when there are many better alternatives in the area.

Room Tip: The 7th floor is designated a quiet zone.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Dear shockwave7_7,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Crowne Plaza around. We appreciate your nice comment regarding the restaurant and the free breakfast.

However, It sounds like we fell below your expectations especially on the lack of responsiveness of our staff as well as the lack of hot water in the bathroom. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Orlando A.
Wentzville, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

Good facility, but a bit worn, although I have never had any big issues. Large bathroom, good airport transportation, and good breakfast. I use a corporate rate, which gets me an outstanding deal. Ask for the 7th floor, the Quiet Floor. This is my airport hotel of choice.

Room Tip: 7th floor is designated as the Quiet Floor.
New Orleans, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

I noticed a problem with my room that I felt management needed to know about (not just a front counter representative, but someone in charge). While I will not discuss the problem in a format such as this, I must commend the manager on hearing about the issue and seeing the problem for himself (if I am correct, he was called out of a meeting to attend to my request; he was very courteous, and thanked me for bringing the matter to his attention). All of that said, I thought that I would receive a follow up on the issue, but to date I have not. Perhaps the issue wasn't as problematic as I thought it to be.

The room = meh. Price = pretty good. Value = ok. TGI Friday's = very salty. Breakfast - a hearty buffet, pleasant waitress. Shuttle driver = quick, helpful and professional. Overall? I'm still concerned about the issue addressed with management; let's hope it was only a one-time occurrence and not a pattern of behavior.

Dear DLNOLA,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We would like to follow up with you. We have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information about your
recent stay. I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Connie D
chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Poor attitude by both women at front desk, like a review said earlier, short responses, seemed like we were a burdon from them looking at there computer, even though we were the only one at the front desk at the time. Hot tub was not hot at all and made from pebble rocks that is not ment to sit on. Room furnature had stains on. Window was cracked. And the icing on the cake. My newer truck got hit in the parking lot. Minor damage to bumper but still not good. Come to find out, Crown Plaza does not have outside security cameras, so no way of finding out who hit me.

Lesson learned - Beware of lower price deals - Will not stay here again

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelManager09, General Manager at Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
It sounds like you had a terrible stay at my hotel, and I'm very sorry to hear it. I would like to further discuss it with you if you will contact me directly. The good news is, renovation has started and we are on our way to being a great new hotel. Please call whenever it is convenient for you.

Thank you.
El Segundo, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

I stayed for 2 nights on business. We did not eat in the restaurants - but there is a TGI Fridays on the lower level. The rooms do need an update which looks like it is scheduled. No flat screen TVs and the soft goods need sprucing up. The bed was fine, but nothing to write home about. I had a hard time finding USA today - which is funny for a hotel (finally nabbed one that someone read and left in the lobby). The weather was a bit warm while I was there - had a hard time getting the room as cool as I like it. The only thing I saw adjacent to the property was an Embassy Suites and a Home Depot. The check in was okay - I always like when they put the bill under the door...makes check out super easy. Overall it was okay...with the spruce up later, I might give it 4 stars. Had a great rate for the rooms...so price/cost benefit was good.

Room Tip: I had an end room that was triangular - but I loved it because it was nearly all glass and lots of l...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are excited that our renovation has begun! We already have a brand new parking lot, new air-conditioners, and a new roof. The guestrooms are starting now and will have brand new flat screen TV's, Serta beds, wall vinyl, drapes, furniture and bathrooms. I hope you will try us again, as we will have new rooms available very soon!
St Louis MO
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

The rooms are HORRIBLE! Stains on the walls. Peeling wallpaper. The windows were not properly insulated and you could feel air coming in. Drapes filthy!!! Bed and bedding very old and worn. Carpet worn down to the base.

The Lobby yes is beautiful and the staff is very friendly. The TGIFridays on site is great. The shuttle very punctual! Unfortunately however I did not select this hotel for congeniality purposes. I wanted a nice place to stay before boarding a plane the next day.

I can not recommend this hotel for anything that involves an overnight stay.

I did not bring this to the attention of the staff as I wanted to make sure I did not "miss" my shuttle at 4:00 AM the next morning. I did however leave my comments on the comment card with the front desk.

Room Tip: Book Elsewhere.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport, responded to this review, July 7, 2012
Dear Mary Ann B ,

Thank you for your stay and leaving us feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I’m sorry you were not fully satisfied with the accommodations received. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
IHGCare

Been to Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport? Share your experiences!