“St. Louis Getaway” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites St. Louis Airport Earth City

You added SpringHill Suites St. Louis Airport Earth City to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites St. Louis Airport Earth City
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3099 Rider Trail South, Bridgeton, Saint Louis, MO 63044   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Park Here, Fly There
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Bridgeton
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
“St. Louis Getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

The hotel is nice - lobby looks classy and the decorating was nice throughout. Overall a very good experience. The room has a living room with a kitchenette (which is a sink, mini-fridge, and microwave) in the front with a half wall seperating it from the 2 queen beds. It was spacious - my family of 5 (plus the baby) fit just fine. Large showers. Tiny swimming pool. Good free breakfast (waffles, eggs, cereal, oatmeal, fresh fruit, yogurt, bagels, etc.). Staff doesn't pay attention to the do not disturb sign though so watch out. As for the location it was right off I-70 which made things easy. Its also right down the street from the St. Louis Rams Training Camp.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Macungie, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

For a mid-range hotel chain, SpringHill Suites has a pretty upscale feel. This property is decorated in a very contemporary European style. When I went down for breakfast I felt like I was in a restaurant in Amsterdam. The suite-style rooms are spacious and one doesn't feel all cramped. Overall, a good value and with the free breakfast, even more so.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Abilene, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

We had never stayed in a Springhill Suites before staying here. We were pleasantly suprised at just how clean, professional and nice the entire facility was. We were there for an event and needed a place that would accept a family of 5. While one room probably would have been plenty comfortable, we found the rates to be so reasonable, that when we arrived and liked the room, we rented the one adjoining also. This allowed our family of five to be extremely comfortable for the week, with 6 beds total and 2 baths. The maid service was excellent and the front desk staff always greeted us with a smile as we came and left. The breakfast was nice with plenty of choices for my growing boys, and best of all the area was kept clean along with the tables. The pool was smaller than our own backyard pool so my kids chose not to bother with swimming. My husband and I both enjoyed the clean workout room. All in all, this was an excellent place for my family's stay and we will look for another Springhill Suites our next vacation.

Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

...wireless service. It is TERRIBLE. I have stayed here over 40 times, so this is not a random situation. It is so bad that I purchased my own mobile hotspot. Why do I still stay here then, you ask? On Rider Trail rd it is the best hotel by far. It is clean. The room is the best design for the money. The breakfast area is really clean and friendly (there is a wonderful Japanese lady who runs it). Fix the wireless and I would rate excellent.

Room Tip: I prefer walk in shower roominess to bathtubs. Make sure you specify.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Buffalo, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

This hotel looks almost scary from the outside, but the lobby area and staff are quite warm. The staff is actually what makes this hotel.

So, pros and cons of this hotel:

Pros: The room is spacious. Two queen beds, sitting area with desk and "kitchen" area, and large bathroom area. Plenty of room to move around. Breakfast is nice- more than your typical hotel breakfast- serving actual hot foods almost every day. The bathroom has a separate sink/mirror area from the shower/commode area (A feature I like with myself, hubby and teenage boy in one room.) And again, staff is great. Maid service was good. We had left the "no service" sign on our door one day, and the front desk called and left a message to let them know if we needed anything (towels, shampoo, etc) since we had declined the service that day. They went out of their way to greet us coming in and going out.

Cons: Where there were a lot of pluses, the negatives keep me from giving it more than an average rating. Simple things: The refrigerator is a smaller dorm-type refrigerator, even though there is plenty of room for a larger one. The mirror/sink area is right off the bedroom area and the light in that area is VERY bright. So, if one person is sleeping and another needs to wash hands/remove contacts/brush teeth the light is quite annoying to the person sleeping. The large shower has one little shelf.... right next to the shower head. So what, you say? Well, when conditioning your hair, or shaving your legs, it's just the worst place for the shelf. As large as it is, a small shelf on the other side would not take away form the shower at all. The breakfast only runs until 9:30 am. We were there for a hockey tournament, and some nights we do not get back until 1 or 2 in the morning. That extra half hour most places serve breakfast would have been nice. And, the internet is very slow and falls off frequently.

And then there were the BAD things- ants in the kitchen, loud plumbing in the walls every morning at 6:14 am (ugh), and our toilet handle broke. Now, the front desk sent someone to fix it while we were out, but when we called down to tell them what had happened, they acted like it happens all the time- which doesn't surprise me since the handle was plastic.

If I were in the area again, I might give it another chance, but I'd check to see the prices at other hotels first.

Edmond, OK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

This was a very nice hotel. SpringHill Suites are excellent properties and this one was true to form. Since it was close to the airport it was a bit of a drive to get to the major attractions in Saint Louis but the price offset that in my opinion. The only thing I really wasn't a fan of was it's "off the beaten path" location. You could see it from the highway but it took a very winding route to get to it. Great clean room (thanks to Lola!) on the top floor with lots of room, comfy beds, and a great shower. Breakfast was great and always well stocked thanks to Chu! Oh, and I loved the beads in the lobby!

Room Tip: Loved being on the top floor!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

If you're flying out of St. Louis to any destination and need a place to leave your car, SpringHill Suites/Earth City is a great place to do it. We were able to leave our car parked in the hotel lot for three weeks at no charge. Be sure to tell the hotel staff that you are leaving your car. We stayed the night before our flight and the night after. We had a large, beautiful and immaculate room. Breakfast included the usual hotel food, but it was free with our room. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

The shuttle took us to the airport and picked us up. It stops running at 10:30 p.m. so it's good to keep that in mind. The drivers were great!

I highly recommend SpringHill Suites by Marriott.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to SpringHill Suites St. Louis Airport Earth City? Share your experiences!