“We had a sweet stay in this suite!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites St. Louis Airport Earth City

You added SpringHill Suites St. Louis Airport Earth City to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites St. Louis Airport Earth City
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3099 Rider Trail South, Bridgeton, Saint Louis, MO 63044   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Park Here, Fly There
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Bridgeton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Abilene, Texas, United States
“We had a sweet stay in this suite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

We had never stayed in a Springhill Suites before staying here. We were pleasantly suprised at just how clean, professional and nice the entire facility was. We were there for an event and needed a place that would accept a family of 5. While one room probably would have been plenty comfortable, we found the rates to be so reasonable, that when we arrived and liked the room, we rented the one adjoining also. This allowed our family of five to be extremely comfortable for the week, with 6 beds total and 2 baths. The maid service was excellent and the front desk staff always greeted us with a smile as we came and left. The breakfast was nice with plenty of choices for my growing boys, and best of all the area was kept clean along with the tables. The pool was smaller than our own backyard pool so my kids chose not to bother with swimming. My husband and I both enjoyed the clean workout room. All in all, this was an excellent place for my family's stay and we will look for another Springhill Suites our next vacation.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

...wireless service. It is TERRIBLE. I have stayed here over 40 times, so this is not a random situation. It is so bad that I purchased my own mobile hotspot. Why do I still stay here then, you ask? On Rider Trail rd it is the best hotel by far. It is clean. The room is the best design for the money. The breakfast area is really clean and friendly (there is a wonderful Japanese lady who runs it). Fix the wireless and I would rate excellent.

Room Tip: I prefer walk in shower roominess to bathtubs. Make sure you specify.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Buffalo, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

This hotel looks almost scary from the outside, but the lobby area and staff are quite warm. The staff is actually what makes this hotel.

So, pros and cons of this hotel:

Pros: The room is spacious. Two queen beds, sitting area with desk and "kitchen" area, and large bathroom area. Plenty of room to move around. Breakfast is nice- more than your typical hotel breakfast- serving actual hot foods almost every day. The bathroom has a separate sink/mirror area from the shower/commode area (A feature I like with myself, hubby and teenage boy in one room.) And again, staff is great. Maid service was good. We had left the "no service" sign on our door one day, and the front desk called and left a message to let them know if we needed anything (towels, shampoo, etc) since we had declined the service that day. They went out of their way to greet us coming in and going out.

Cons: Where there were a lot of pluses, the negatives keep me from giving it more than an average rating. Simple things: The refrigerator is a smaller dorm-type refrigerator, even though there is plenty of room for a larger one. The mirror/sink area is right off the bedroom area and the light in that area is VERY bright. So, if one person is sleeping and another needs to wash hands/remove contacts/brush teeth the light is quite annoying to the person sleeping. The large shower has one little shelf.... right next to the shower head. So what, you say? Well, when conditioning your hair, or shaving your legs, it's just the worst place for the shelf. As large as it is, a small shelf on the other side would not take away form the shower at all. The breakfast only runs until 9:30 am. We were there for a hockey tournament, and some nights we do not get back until 1 or 2 in the morning. That extra half hour most places serve breakfast would have been nice. And, the internet is very slow and falls off frequently.

And then there were the BAD things- ants in the kitchen, loud plumbing in the walls every morning at 6:14 am (ugh), and our toilet handle broke. Now, the front desk sent someone to fix it while we were out, but when we called down to tell them what had happened, they acted like it happens all the time- which doesn't surprise me since the handle was plastic.

If I were in the area again, I might give it another chance, but I'd check to see the prices at other hotels first.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Edmond, OK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

This was a very nice hotel. SpringHill Suites are excellent properties and this one was true to form. Since it was close to the airport it was a bit of a drive to get to the major attractions in Saint Louis but the price offset that in my opinion. The only thing I really wasn't a fan of was it's "off the beaten path" location. You could see it from the highway but it took a very winding route to get to it. Great clean room (thanks to Lola!) on the top floor with lots of room, comfy beds, and a great shower. Breakfast was great and always well stocked thanks to Chu! Oh, and I loved the beads in the lobby!

Room Tip: Loved being on the top floor!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

If you're flying out of St. Louis to any destination and need a place to leave your car, SpringHill Suites/Earth City is a great place to do it. We were able to leave our car parked in the hotel lot for three weeks at no charge. Be sure to tell the hotel staff that you are leaving your car. We stayed the night before our flight and the night after. We had a large, beautiful and immaculate room. Breakfast included the usual hotel food, but it was free with our room. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

The shuttle took us to the airport and picked us up. It stops running at 10:30 p.m. so it's good to keep that in mind. The drivers were great!

I highly recommend SpringHill Suites by Marriott.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Aurora, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

My car was vandalized and many items taken from. Marriott only called the police on my behalf. Marriott failed to provide a safe environment for me and their guests. There were no cameras or security. The staff and management after the incident were less than helpful telling me everything would be handled by the corporate claims department. To add insult to this matter I was charged for my stay. Marriott denied the claim, which was within their legal right not accepting responsibility for this event. Based upon the very poor handling of this matter I will not be staying at this or any Marriott property again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Lake Ozark, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

I have stayed at the Springhill Suites/Earth City many, many times on business. Typically I stay a week. I would rate the rooms as excellent: clean, comfortable, great pillows. Breakfast is great and the staff are wonderful. However, the walls are paper-thin. On numerous occasions I have been able to clearly hear telephone conversations from next door. On one stay the man in the room next to me was sick. Every time he coughed I thought he was in the room with me! Now I request a top floor room on the end so I only have one common wall. The other issue is a lack of staff to control sports teams or other large groups of kids when they stay at the hotel. On several occasions I've had to deal with kids racing up and down the halls and the staff saying they couldn't do anything about it.

Room Tip: Ask if there any sports teams are booked in the hotel for the dates you are considering. If so go el...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Been to SpringHill Suites St. Louis Airport Earth City? Share your experiences!