This hotel looks almost scary from the outside, but the lobby area and staff are quite warm. The staff is actually what makes this hotel.
So, pros and cons of this hotel:
Pros: The room is spacious. Two queen beds, sitting area with desk and "kitchen" area, and large bathroom area. Plenty of room to move around. Breakfast is nice- more than your typical hotel breakfast- serving actual hot foods almost every day. The bathroom has a separate sink/mirror area from the shower/commode area (A feature I like with myself, hubby and teenage boy in one room.) And again, staff is great. Maid service was good. We had left the "no service" sign on our door one day, and the front desk called and left a message to let them know if we needed anything (towels, shampoo, etc) since we had declined the service that day. They went out of their way to greet us coming in and going out.
Cons: Where there were a lot of pluses, the negatives keep me from giving it more than an average rating. Simple things: The refrigerator is a smaller dorm-type refrigerator, even though there is plenty of room for a larger one. The mirror/sink area is right off the bedroom area and the light in that area is VERY bright. So, if one person is sleeping and another needs to wash hands/remove contacts/brush teeth the light is quite annoying to the person sleeping. The large shower has one little shelf.... right next to the shower head. So what, you say? Well, when conditioning your hair, or shaving your legs, it's just the worst place for the shelf. As large as it is, a small shelf on the other side would not take away form the shower at all. The breakfast only runs until 9:30 am. We were there for a hockey tournament, and some nights we do not get back until 1 or 2 in the morning. That extra half hour most places serve breakfast would have been nice. And, the internet is very slow and falls off frequently.
And then there were the BAD things- ants in the kitchen, loud plumbing in the walls every morning at 6:14 am (ugh), and our toilet handle broke. Now, the front desk sent someone to fix it while we were out, but when we called down to tell them what had happened, they acted like it happens all the time- which doesn't surprise me since the handle was plastic.
If I were in the area again, I might give it another chance, but I'd check to see the prices at other hotels first.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The SpringHill Suites St. Louis Airport/Earth City is generating a revolution in hospitality, energized by innovation and plugged into today's travel needs. This Marriott St Louis Lambert Airport hotel is just 10 minutes away; ideally located for work or play. Complimentary airport shuttle service Mon-Fri 6:30 am to 10:30 pm, Fri-Sat/Holidays 8:00am to 10:30pm. A refreshing break from the ordinary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your SpringHill Suites St. Louis Airport Earth City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites St. Louis Airport/Earth City Hotel Bridgeton
- Springhill Suites Saint Louis
- SpringHill Suites St. Louis Airport Earth City Saint Louis, MO - Bridgeton