“Service? Just say thanks for the food.” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Reservations
Chesterfield, Missouri
“Service? Just say thanks for the food.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

I recently had to take a visiting colleague from another city to this place. In the past, I have always enjoyed their dinner but now, the service is going way downhill. Yes, the food is still nice but the waitstaff is as glum as can be. We arrived there at 5:15pm for dinner and the guy told us that they will not open until 5:30. I asked whether we can at least have a seat till then and this guy just points us to a table. I did not see the persons serving us smile even once. I don't think I am going back since there are other Indian restaurants in town with good food and more cheerful waitstaff.

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Lincoln, NE
“Great Indian Food, Nice Ambience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I eat at Indian restaurants all around the US, and this is one of my favorite places (been here a couple of times before). The food I've had is always excellent, and the ambience is appropriate - bamboo and related wall décor, different lighting fixtures around the restaurant (I especially like the outrigger one), and even some waiters wearing turbans. I eat vegetarian dishes, and I've never been disappointed here. In addition, the samosa appetizers are good and the Nan and Paratha (especially spinach-stuffed) breads are perfect. I like most Indian beers and this place doesn't disappoint - they even have Royal Challenge, which I don't find many other places. The service seems to be a tag-team affair the times I've been here, with one person taking my order, another person delivering the food, and even a third person sometimes taking my empty dishes. The entire airport-facing side of the restaurant was full the last time I visited but the service was fine. I especially enjoy the fact that the restaurant is on the 11th floor of a hotel and offers a great view of the St. Louis airport's runways, so you can watch planes landing and taking off (if this is your thing - I enjoy it). If you like Indian food, this is a place to visit.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Decatur, Illinois
“Very pleasant surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Mom and I just had a fabulous dinner at the India Palace. Our service was attentive and we had a very relaxing and enjoyable evening. Clearly great care was given to us and other diners. The restaurant was doing a bustling business but the food was excellent. Try the cheese naan and chicken tikka masala. Not too adventuresome but comforting and filling. Excellent food and value.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Pathetic service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Waited almost an hour for our food. Absolutely terrible service. Would avoid this place unless you havr time to waste.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Grease bomb”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Had two vegeterian takeout dishes, and they were both almost inedible due to the tremendous amount of grease. I have never had Indian that I didn't like before this.

• Visited March 2013