“It could have been better!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - St Louis - Airport - Central

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - St Louis - Airport - Central to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - St Louis - Airport - Central
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11252 Lone Eagle Drive, Bridgeton, Saint Louis, MO 63044 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - St. Louis - Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #8 of 13 hotels in Bridgeton
Lebanon, Missouri
“It could have been better!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

Don't stay here if your only staying one night!! They didn't provide soaps or shampoo. Our room was non-smoking but smelled like smoke. Very gross! The bed was very uncomfortable! And it took a very long time to check in!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

43 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Salem, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

My young child and I were flying out of Lambert-St. Louis, and needed a secure, clean, and reasonable hotel for the night. We found everything here! A clean, spacious room, very comfortable bed, and a secure building with good strong room doors and locks. The staff was amazing and helpful, and the shuttle got us to the airport by 5 am, and picked us up when we returned. We parked our van for free during our trip, which was a relief.
I book hotels for our company employees, and I will be using Homestead wherever I can find them from now on!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
St. Louis, MO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2010

My husband and I live in St. Louis but decided to stay in an airport area hotel in order to save time parking and getting to the airport for a very early flight the next morning. My husband checked out this hotel and made a reservation in person a few weeks before our filght. We had planned to check in during the afternoon, have a leisurely dinner nearby and just chill out and watch t.v. that evening. However, work delays made that impossible. We checked in much later than planned & had a late dinner at the hotel next door (where there is a Friday's). Our room was clean and in good repair. Bed comfort was o.k. (Not the Heavenly Beds like at Westins, but certainly decent!) Considering the kitchen ammenities in our room, it was a good value for anyone wanting to stay near the airport. The desk clerk was nice and we had no problem whatsoever with our room or our stay.

I realize this review is a bit late but I only just decided to write it after reading I surprisingly read some very poor reviews on this property on a few websites. Some of them were fairly old reviews and I have no idea if the hotel has been spruced up since those stays or not.

We are going to be staying here again fairly soon (same reason) and would not have booked this hotel again if we had had problems the first time. IF our next stay is not a good one, I will post another review on this board. However, I think it will be just fine.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Rockford
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2009

I paid $30/night through Priceline...so the room was dirt cheap. On the plus side, the room does come with a refrigerator, stove, microwave, dishes, utensils and frying pans. However, the bathroom had no blow dryer and only came with soap and towels. They also charged a one-time fee of $4.99 for wi-fi access when most motels offer it free these days. If you're stay is only a week or less, you get no maid service, and the air conditioner is extremely noisy. The walls were quite thin, the water flow in the shower was weak. Also, trying to find his motel can get you killed, as you can only turn onto this street from the entry ramp onto the 67N. When it's busy, you're lucky to avoid a crash. If all you are looking for is a "bed and a head" then this place will fit the bill.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2008

I have read other peoples' reviews of this hotel and it appears that your experience depends on what day of the week it is. Some people find it nice and others find it very distasteful. There is not alot of consistency. For example I read a positive review of how nice the hotel staff were - specifically Tianna and Mike. I had a very bad experience with the same hotel staff. When I went to reserve my room, I spoke to Tianna and stated that I wanted to know if I could get a government rate. She responded that I could but it would be more money. She said it sarcastically like to say, "you are more than welcome to get ripped off if you want". I stated that I simply wanted to make sure that room was clean and the hotel was well run because I noticed they were a two star hotel. She said they were, but then added, "would you expect me to tell you differently?". I told her to forget about it but I was very upset at her sarcasm during our conversation. I called back a few minutes later to speak to Mike the hotel manager. He did not sound very sincere to me when I complained to him. I also asked him about the room and he stated, "it's a two star hotel and the rooms are clean" but he sounded like he was reading a 3x5 card. Not sincere at all or concerned that his employee was so rude. I even wrote an email to the Homestead Corporation about this but here it is over a week later and stll no one has cared to respond to me. I ended up reserving my two-week stay at the Candlewood Suites in Earth City about 10 minutes away. The price is the same and the people were professional and polite. The hotel was excellent too and I am so happy I stayed here instead of the Homestead. I am glad that some other folks had good experiences at the Homestead but it's seems more like a crap shoot to me.

Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2008

To whom it may concern. First of all I would like to say that I am writing this note on behalf of myself and my family. We just recently attended the funeral service of our mother, while attending our mother services we stayed at the Homestead. Despite the fact that Priceline.com really caused us alot of hardship with flight and hotel arrangements, Mr. Mike Tobin, Manager at the Homestead, after explaining to him what we had went through with Priceline.com, without question he fixed a problem and put our family a little bit more at ease. Under Mr. Tobin's supervision, his reservation staff treated us with the upmost kindness, specifically Renee and Tianna, they treated us like we were their family members, probably not understanding that is how we were feelingthey were treateding us. They made us laugh in passing, which was something that was definitely in urgent at the time. These group of people were very accommodating. Not to go unmmention, our family was going through alot of stress and hardship at the time, but the staffs professionalism allowed us to keep things into prospective when it came to our problem that priceline.com created. We would definitely like to say thanks to these individuals and if there was an award that your company gives out, I would definitely recommend that they receive it. Once again, we want to thank these individuals for treating us how we wanted to be treated as if they were in our shoes.

• Liked — The kitchenette
  • Disliked — No pool or spa area
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
travelguy20
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2008

I had not used this airport hotel since 2006 at which time I had a very positive experience. It has always been a two star property, no frills, but functional. The property has gone down a great deal since then. The carpet was very stained and dirty. The bathroom shower tile was really in need of some deep cleaning. Overall, it is just starting to feel a little "scuzzy." When it was newer it was a great airport option for early morning flights. It has not been maintained and no longer provides an adequate night's sleep. I will search for other options for my next early morning flight!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Extended Stay America - St Louis - Airport - Central? Share your experiences!