“Nice Hotel with all you need” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites St. Louis - Airport

Save Saved
You added Embassy Suites St. Louis - Airport to your Saves list
Embassy Suites St. Louis - Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11237 Lone Eagle Drive, Bridgeton, Saint Louis, MO 63044   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Airport Parking Deal
Ranked #2 of 14 hotels in Bridgeton
Chicago, Illinois
“Nice Hotel with all you need”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I was in Business Trip for a week and this hotel was my choice to stay. its has a very frendly & helpfull staff i must say, Nice Breakfast area & restorant.hot breakfast with order to cook of your choice was good option.free snaks & drinks in evening for customers staying there. Rooms were nice size with living room & bedroom. over all it was a great experience staying in Embassy

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
EmbassySuitesSTL, Revenue Manager at Embassy Suites St. Louis - Airport, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
kalpesh59,

It is great to hear that you had a first class stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We hope you will come back and visit us soon!

295 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Omaha, Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

SIGNIFICANT SAFETY ISSUE. NO FIRE ALARM IN HOTEL. Under normal circumstances the service at this hotel is second to none. However, my last stay revealed inadequate emergency response and significant safety issues. Over Veterans Day weekend, the fire alarm at this hotel was disabled. It took the unrelenting questioning by my father-in-law to avert catastrophe (an electrical short which could have become a fire). At 4:30am 12NOV, my father-in-law awoke to the smell of smoke. While searching for the source, the in-room fire alarm briefly sounded. He called the lobby to inform them of the smoke and alarm. It took 15 minutes for the staff to respond by sending a driver to investigate. He and his daughter found the smoke emanating from a light fixture and secured power. After another 15 minutes, my father had to go to the front desk to direct them to contact the fire department. The fire department was never contacted by the hotel, as 45 minutes into the scenario a St. Louis police officer arrived. A significant amount of smoke remained in the room and adjacent hallway. Concerned that evacuation may be necessary, the officer radioed for fire department and additional police support. At least 3 fire trucks and 4 police cars responded. The fire chief stated the batteries to the fire alarm were dead, and the fire alarm was turned off.
Most disturbing was this hotel’s emergency response. The hotel staff had no sense of urgency to smoke, or the fire alarm, or combination thereof. There was no sensitivity to poor maintenance on vital equipment. There was no on site engineer or maintenance staff to respond to mechanical or electrical issues. There was no security guard available to promptly investigate emergencies. External prompting was required to call the proper authorities.
I've sent versions of this review to corporate offices but haven't received a response. I still question the adequacy of Embassy Suite emergency procedures, and caution that their slow response could prove catastrophic.

Alraymartino,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. Please accept our sincere apology. We want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken very seriously. We improved our fire alarm systems to better protect our guests’ safety and try to prevent situations like this from occurring. Again, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you experienced and know the comfort and safety of our guests is our first priority. If I can be of further assistance please feel free to contact us.
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

very dirthy dishes every day i had to use hot water from the machine to clean my dishes the house keeping is very terriable cleaning the room they dont clean the toilet goon we stay five days please check ur dishes see if there are clean

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
EmbassySuitesSTL, Revenue Manager at Embassy Suites St. Louis - Airport, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Drew,

I apologize that you had inconveniences while staying with us. I will forward your comments along to the Food and Beverage and Housekeeping Departments. Thank you for letting us know and we hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip to St. Louis.
Effingham, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We love Embassy Suites, we stay at the downtown St Louis location as well as St Charles Missouri they are very nice but pricey. I have seen this location and read reviews and decided to give it a try this weekend. I am sooo glad we did. It older than the other 2 in St Louis but newly remodeled. We really liked the lobby and the bar as well as the breakfast area. It's got a nice small idoor pool and whirlpool and a nice excercise room. We ordered room service twice and it was fast and the food good and reasonably priced. The location is centrally located to everything in St Louis..20 minutes to the zoo, minutes from Lambert Airport, 10 minutes to St Louis Mills Mall...the cooked to order breakfast is excellent and from 5:30 to 7:30 they have free drinks at the bar. We will be staying here again and would reccommend it to anyone. Parking is free as well..just great value for the buck!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
EmbassySuitesSTL, Revenue Manager at Embassy Suites St. Louis - Airport, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Smashingmachine,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review as well as letting us earn your business. We are happy to know you enjoyed your stay and were able to try out the pool and room service. Hope you see you again soon!
SPRINGFIELD, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed here recently with a large group in town for a youth sporting event. Room was very clean, though had a weird smell to it (almost like cigarette smoke even though it was a non-smoking room. Others mentioned the same thing). Carpet and couch a little worn but overall very clean. Bed was comfy, plenty of pillows. Nice having a little fridge and microwave. Free cocktail hour was awesome, and a nice way to relax with others in our group. Only one bartender was working, and he was super busy but didn't have to wait too long for a drink. Snacks were minimal, a goldfish cracker mix and tortilla chips and some kind of dip. We were able to hang out in the lobby area, order pizza, etc. It got pretty messy though, with no staff cleaning up. I cleared all our plates and napkins, but no area to place the dirty ones and throw napkins and all that away.

Location was pretty good, although entrance is super easy to miss. Many in our group had to circle around a few times to find it. The big disappointment was breakfast. The rate we got for this hotel was more than I would normally like to pay, but I thought with the free cocktail hour and big breakfast, that would offset the cost.

We went down to breakfast at 9 a.m. (breakfast served from 7 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.) and it was a total mess. Food all over the floor, none of the tables cleaned up. Food like bagels, toast, butter was already gone. Only forks available, no knives. Forks and plates looked dirty. I know it's a buffet and people in general are pigs, but there seemed to be no clean up around the serving areas or tables. We were pretty bummed and didn't want to even stay down there long because it was kind of gross. Had a cooked to order omelet and that was good. I asked if they had more bagels and I had to wait about 10 minutes for them to bring one bagel out on a plate. No knives to spread cream cheese. We aren't super picky, but when you are paying that kind of money and looking forward to a yummy breakfast, that was a downer.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
EmbassySuitesSTL, Revenue Manager at Embassy Suites St. Louis - Airport, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
HRSLVR,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor for future guests to see. We are glad to know that you were able to enjoy the Manager’s Reception. I apologize for the experience you had with breakfast, that is not the way it should have been. Items are typically restocked before they run out and there are two breakfast hostess’s working at all times. I will pass along your comment to the Food and Beverage department so this will not happen in the future. We hope to earn your business again for a second chance the next time you are in the St. Louis area.
Pensacola, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I hate to put a pin in this balloon but I have not had the same glowing experiences at this hotel that others have had. I just completed my third stay and most likely my last.

The pluses; great breakfast, incredibly friendly staff, convenient to airport, quiet.

The minuses; room maintenance. engineering seems to have a don't care attitude about room issues.

The first time I stayed here was before their renovation. The place was a dump. When I checked out I saw a since announcing their upcoming renovation. A while later I had occasion to again come to Saint Louis and first made sure their renovation was complete and once I founf out it was done made reservations to stay again. Checked in and found the frig didn't work along with a couple of minor issues (burned out light bulbs). The next morning, I mentioned it to the front desk staff on my way out and they said they would have engineering look at it and take care of it. That evening I returned to my room and the frig was still broken and the bulbs were still out. Mentioned it again the next morning and they checked their log and confirmed engineering had been informed. Again I was assured it would be taken care of. Got back that night and the frig was still broken and the lights were still burnt out. I had to go back to the front desk and they called the night engineer who should up within the hour with a new frig and light bulbs. That should have been a warning but I didn't heed it.

So I just recently returned to Saint Louis and agian made reservations here. Got to my room and discovered no closet door and no tool bar by the sink. The mounts were by the sink but the bar was missing. Ok, no biggie so I stop by the desk the next morning and mention both things and was informed they were in the process of replacing the closet doors throughout the hotel and she made a note of the towel bar and would have engineering look at it. I figured that was a simple matter to take care of and would be completed quickly. I thought wrong. When I checked out a couple of days later the towel bar was still missing.

I really want to like this hotel. The staff is extraordinarily friendly, the lobby is gorgeous, the manager's reception and breakfast are wonderful but the attention to detail within the rooms are severely lacking. I have spent some 90 nights in various Hilton family Hotels this year and this is by far the worst when it comes to room maintenance. Its like they write it down and engineering puts you on ignore. Not even a phone message acknowledging they got your request but can't quite get to it yet. I am afraid, given this attention to detail, this place will soon resemble the dump it was before they spent all of that money renovating it. I traveled as part of a team and they all had various issues with their rooms so it was not me alone.

I think on our next trip we are going to be staying somewhere else.

Room Tip: Make sure everything works when you first walk in. If it doesn't work or isn't right go back...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
travelingsince53,

Thank you for providing us with feedback about your multiple stays with us. I am happy to hear that the staff met your expectations, however, I apologize for you not having a closet door and no towel bar. Both of these issues should have been resolved before your check in. Your review will be passed along to our chief engineer so that the problems can be addressed properly. Once again, I sincerely apologize for all of the problems you encountered.
chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed at this Embassy from Nov. 2 to the 4th. All the employee's were friendly from the front desk, to the housekeepeers. The bartender was fast and efficent, especially during the free coctaiils recetion. My problem witht the hotel is that I left a note for the housekeeper for extra towels, we never received them. The note was gone and was replaced by the shampoo etc....
On Saturday at 3:00 pm we called the for an extra blanket, and by 10:00 pm it never arrived. My husband remember there was one in the car, he went down and got it for our son. I was not impressed with the breakfast. The employees who worked there were friendly though. I order my omlet and when I went to go make the toast, the bread was still not put out. The flavor creamer for the coffee was not working. The only choice of juice was orange or apple. Our room was nice. Though it seems the bedroom would be over warm and the living room (where I son slept on the sleeper sofa, was cooler).

ChicagoOceanwaters,

Thank you for leaving a review of the hotel on Trip Advisor. We are happy to know that our level of customer service was up to your standards. Your comments have been passed along to the Food in Beverage department and Housekeeping. I apologize for the inconveniences you ran into but hope we earn your business again next time you are in St. Louis.

Been to Embassy Suites St. Louis - Airport? Share your experiences!