I hate to put a pin in this balloon but I have not had the same glowing experiences at this hotel that others have had. I just completed my third stay and most likely my last.
The pluses; great breakfast, incredibly friendly staff, convenient to airport, quiet.
The minuses; room maintenance. engineering seems to have a don't care attitude about room issues.
The first time I stayed here was before their renovation. The place was a dump. When I checked out I saw a since announcing their upcoming renovation. A while later I had occasion to again come to Saint Louis and first made sure their renovation was complete and once I founf out it was done made reservations to stay again. Checked in and found the frig didn't work along with a couple of minor issues (burned out light bulbs). The next morning, I mentioned it to the front desk staff on my way out and they said they would have engineering look at it and take care of it. That evening I returned to my room and the frig was still broken and the bulbs were still out. Mentioned it again the next morning and they checked their log and confirmed engineering had been informed. Again I was assured it would be taken care of. Got back that night and the frig was still broken and the lights were still burnt out. I had to go back to the front desk and they called the night engineer who should up within the hour with a new frig and light bulbs. That should have been a warning but I didn't heed it.
So I just recently returned to Saint Louis and agian made reservations here. Got to my room and discovered no closet door and no tool bar by the sink. The mounts were by the sink but the bar was missing. Ok, no biggie so I stop by the desk the next morning and mention both things and was informed they were in the process of replacing the closet doors throughout the hotel and she made a note of the towel bar and would have engineering look at it. I figured that was a simple matter to take care of and would be completed quickly. I thought wrong. When I checked out a couple of days later the towel bar was still missing.
I really want to like this hotel. The staff is extraordinarily friendly, the lobby is gorgeous, the manager's reception and breakfast are wonderful but the attention to detail within the rooms are severely lacking. I have spent some 90 nights in various Hilton family Hotels this year and this is by far the worst when it comes to room maintenance. Its like they write it down and engineering puts you on ignore. Not even a phone message acknowledging they got your request but can't quite get to it yet. I am afraid, given this attention to detail, this place will soon resemble the dump it was before they spent all of that money renovating it. I traveled as part of a team and they all had various issues with their rooms so it was not me alone.
I think on our next trip we are going to be staying somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Embassy Suits St. Louis - Airport hotel is located just two miles from Lambert International Airport. Located in Bridgeton, Missouri with easy access to St. Louis. Guests can enjoy two-room suites, complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast, nightly Evening Reception with complimentary drinks and on-site restaurant, Anne Morrow's. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hilton Hotels, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Embassy Suites St. Louis - Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites St. Louis - Airport Hotel Bridgeton
- Embassy Suites Bridgeton
- Bridgeton Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suites St. Louis - Airport Saint Louis, MO - Bridgeton