“Friendly Employees But Lacking” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites St. Louis - Airport

You added Embassy Suites St. Louis - Airport to your Saves list
Embassy Suites St. Louis - Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11237 Lone Eagle Drive, Bridgeton, Saint Louis, MO 63044   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
$109 Fri-Sat, $149 Sun-Th
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Bridgeton
chicago
“Friendly Employees But Lacking”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed at this Embassy from Nov. 2 to the 4th. All the employee's were friendly from the front desk, to the housekeepeers. The bartender was fast and efficent, especially during the free coctaiils recetion. My problem witht the hotel is that I left a note for the housekeeper for extra towels, we never received them. The note was gone and was replaced by the shampoo etc....
On Saturday at 3:00 pm we called the for an extra blanket, and by 10:00 pm it never arrived. My husband remember there was one in the car, he went down and got it for our son. I was not impressed with the breakfast. The employees who worked there were friendly though. I order my omlet and when I went to go make the toast, the bread was still not put out. The flavor creamer for the coffee was not working. The only choice of juice was orange or apple. Our room was nice. Though it seems the bedroom would be over warm and the living room (where I son slept on the sleeper sofa, was cooler).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
EmbassySuitesSTL, Revenue Manager at Embassy Suites St. Louis - Airport, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
ChicagoOceanwaters,

Thank you for leaving a review of the hotel on Trip Advisor. We are happy to know that our level of customer service was up to your standards. Your comments have been passed along to the Food in Beverage department and Housekeeping. I apologize for the inconveniences you ran into but hope we earn your business again next time you are in St. Louis.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I have stayed here plenty of times and my experience is always the same. Clean, quiet and friendly staff. They go above and beyond, my son saw there were no more bananas at breakfast and the staff volunteered to go to store and get him bananas because they were out. My son is 2 and had forgotten all about the banana in 2 minutes but it was just the point that they tried to make him feel comfortable. I would refer this hotel to all my family and friends that would visit the area and we will be returning

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Tamara,

Thank you for staying with us multiple times and letting future guests know about your stay. Your comments have been passed along to the Food and Beverage department to thank them for their service. We truly appreciate you recommending our hotel to your friends and family and hope to see you soon.
Atlanta, GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

After three attempts, we finally made it into the parking lot. There is only one way in via one way on a divided highway. We found it... could see it... but couldn't get to it. The second attempt, we realized it must be down teh same entrance/drive as the hotel that has a sign at the road. Third time by, we took the road, and sure enough, it led us to the hotel.

Thats not really what led to my dismall review though. Co-worker and I checked in at 11pm after a day of building inspection work, and a 2 1/2 hour drive from central IL. Check-in was extremely slow, even though we had the desk clerk to ourselves. Got in my room and proceeded to print my boarding pass for the next morning, and make a quick call to check in with the troops at home. At midnight, I headed to the shower, as I was pretty dirty from the inspection work we performed that day. Turned the shower on and waited... and waited.........and waited. Luke warm at best; no hot water. Went to the sink; same thing. Called down to the front desk, and was told someone would be up. 10 minutes later, they called to say the hot water heater was out, and he was restarting it. At this point, I logged onto my computer to do some tasks I was planning to do the next morning. At 1am, I tried the shower. This time it was stone cold. Not even remotely warm. I waited 10 minutes and tried again. Same thing. At 1:10am, I placed a second call downstairs. This time I was told that I would just have to wait, as the hot water heater had been out and it was going to take a while to warm up. I explained my situation to her regarding my need for a shower. Her reply "well you're not going to get a shower tonight"! I was shocked, to say the least. At that point I decided I wasn't paying for the night since they were not able to provide all of the basic services included in the price of the room. it must have caught the desk clerk off guard, as her response was that I could not sleep there if I wasn't going to pay. My response was that I was not leaving and she could take it up with her supervisor inthe morning. At 1:30am, I took a super-fast cold shower in order to go to bed.

While all of this was going on, I had a chance to walk around the room and really check it out. While the bathroom was generally clean, Mold and mildew were abundant in the grout of the "newly" remodeled bathroom shower. The carpets in the living room had not been vacuumed prior to my stay. The busy print allows dirt, dust, crumbs, and just about anythign else to blend right in. Therefor, no need to vacuum.

Breakfast is the traditional Embassy Suites fare. However, don't get your heart set on 2% milk. When I inquired with the floor staff regarding it's dry state, I was informed that "it's the first thing we run out of". Okay!!

I found the bed to be comfortable, and the work space functional. Customer service however, is something to be desired. i find it hard to believe that hot water was out to the entire hotel, and i was the only one that noticed it. My co-worker said he took a shower almost immediately after checking into his room just after 11pm, and the water temp seemd fine. Who knows what the deal was, but it was not handled in a way I would deem appropriate.

Funny thing is, at a Hampton, if you even mention the smallest inconvenience encountered during the stay, they will immediately offer to comp the room. While a "free" night is nice, it only favor's my client/employer when I'm travelling on business. I am the one that had to endure the situation though.

While the property is freshly remodeled in a modern fashion, the location and customer service would prevent me from staying again.

On a side note, I did receive a voice message from a manager regarding my experience. My call back and message has gone unanswered.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
EmbassySuitesSTL, Revenue Manager at Embassy Suites St. Louis - Airport, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
DSGAtlanta_GA,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of the Embassy Suites St. Louis Airport on Trip Advisor. First, I would like to sincerely apologize for all of the issues that you encountered while staying with us. The experience you had is not at all up to our standards.

The entrance can be confusing, especially if driving at night time. We are still working on trying to provide better signage to the one and only road that leads in and out of the hotel. The water issue that you encounter was not handled the proper way, nor was the breakfast problem. Once again, I apologize. If possible, please email Chelsea.Strand@hilton.com so we can further discuss your stay and try and make things right.
Thank you.
Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

This is the first time I have stayed since the remodel. The lobby, bar area and room were very nice. The bartender, Sid, was amazing. He was the only person working and he was quick and always had a smile. Breakfast was great. I had the cooked to order omlet and some bacon. The chef was good and you did not have to wait very long.

My only complaint was the walls must be thin. There must have been a party in the room next to us. At 1:30 a.m. the people were SO loud it sounded like they were in our room. Then at 3:30 a.m. they were even louder. I should have called but sometimes I know that makes matters worse. I told the lady when we left what happened and she said I should have called because the hotel does not tolerate that. She said guests get one warning and if security has to go back again they are asked to leave. I definitely would have called knowing that.

Every employee we encountered was very nice and had a smile!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Lenajean,

Thank you for leaving a review on Trip Advisor about your stay at our hotel. Your positive comments about the bartender Sid will be passed along to Food and Beverage, as well as breakfast and the chef. I apologize you had to experience loud guests next to you. We do have a zero tolerance policy on this and they would have been asked to leave if it continued. We hope to see you again soon.
Sun Prairie, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

This is the 2nd time I've stayed at an Embassy Suites and have been impressed both times. This particular hotel is beautifully decorated and I really liked all the "soft spaces"---plenty of couches, comfortable chairs spread around the hotel for meeting friends or hanging out with family. When we arrived back from dinner out in the evening, I noticed a number of families hanging out and playing board games in the lobby area. Even though it's near the airport, we heard no outside noises. Very quiet and comfortable. Would definitely stay again if in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
candyt71,

Thank you for letting us earn your business while you were in St. Louis. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your time with us and will stay with us again. Thank you!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We had great treatment by all staff minus one!
The breakfast staff is phenomenal!
They are so personable!
The breakfast itself is worth the stay!
Beautiful atmosphere all around!
We really enjoyed the ability to be taxied anywhere around the city from the staff.
The staff also aided us in our daily plans for activities. We felt comfortable talking to anyone there. No one made us feel "not good enough" to be there; although, we were traveling with 7 youths.

Room Tip: Corner suites are great!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
EmbassySuitesSTL, Revenue Manager at Embassy Suites St. Louis - Airport, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
270_conrad,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Embassy Suites St. Louis Airport on Trip Advisor. Your comments will be passed along to the food and beverage department. We are happy to hear that your stay with us met your standards and expectations. We hope to see you again soon!
Green Bay, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

Upon checking in found the front desk staff happy and nice. The bartender did a great job remembering my drink at the reception and the hotel and rooms have been renovated. I travel each week on business and will stay here again when I'm in STL.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
EmbassySuitesSTL, Revenue Managers at Embassy Suites St. Louis - Airport, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Gbtraveler2,

Thank you for letting us know you enjoyed your stay while in St. Louis. Your comments will be passed along to the front desk and food and beverage staff. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Been to Embassy Suites St. Louis - Airport? Share your experiences!