“I expected better.” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Bakery, Eastern European, Fast Food
Ballwin, Missouri
“I expected better.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

The food was OK but disappointing compared to the kolache places I am familiar with, in the city of West, Texas. Just off I 35 in central Texas. Both the Czech Stop and the Little Czech Bakery have spoiled me from enjoying kolaches anywhere else.

Visited November 2012

Webster Groves, Missouri
“Interesting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Try them. There is quite a variety and they are pretty good. A bit expensive, but not too bad. You will want to try a bunch of them, so go hungry.

Visited January 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Fast-food Alternative”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

I stopped in here because I was driving by and had never had a kolache before. It's counter service with a bit of seating. There were dozens of varieties behind the counter like in a doughnut shop. I couldn't decide, so tried 4 varieties, which came to just over $10. I wasn't impressed. They were doughy pockets like the frozen kind you can microwave at home. I had sausage gravy, a couple of egg and cheese varieties and jalapeno popper. They tended toward bland and unseasoned. I needed to add hot sauce. I would not go out of my way to return, but it's an OK alternative to the usual fast food fare.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Upscale hot pockets”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011 via mobile

Tried this on a whim with my 7yo and had no idea what to expect. It's counter service with speed and a help yourself drink bar. I was surprised to find egg selections and even lunch type food. We both enjoyed the egg, cheese, and sausage (though I thought it could have been warmer) and an apricot. Only complaint is the coffee service. It's a programmed machine - there's no carafe of milk available. Guess it's fine if you happen to like the amount of milk the machine adds, but it was too light for me.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere