“Fast-food Alternative” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Bakery, Eastern European, Fast Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Fast-food Alternative”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

I stopped in here because I was driving by and had never had a kolache before. It's counter service with a bit of seating. There were dozens of varieties behind the counter like in a doughnut shop. I couldn't decide, so tried 4 varieties, which came to just over $10. I wasn't impressed. They were doughy pockets like the frozen kind you can microwave at home. I had sausage gravy, a couple of egg and cheese varieties and jalapeno popper. They tended toward bland and unseasoned. I needed to add hot sauce. I would not go out of my way to return, but it's an OK alternative to the usual fast food fare.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Upscale hot pockets”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011 via mobile

Tried this on a whim with my 7yo and had no idea what to expect. It's counter service with speed and a help yourself drink bar. I was surprised to find egg selections and even lunch type food. We both enjoyed the egg, cheese, and sausage (though I thought it could have been warmer) and an apricot. Only complaint is the coffee service. It's a programmed machine - there's no carafe of milk available. Guess it's fine if you happen to like the amount of milk the machine adds, but it was too light for me.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere