“Neat little hotel to stay weekend or for business” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Brentwood
Champaign, Illinois
“Neat little hotel to stay weekend or for business”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Probably my 3rd or 4th time in this hotel...nice rooms, great king bed, and comfortable. WIFI works well, exercise room is sufficient, but the pool may disappoint swimmers. More suitable for the kids to play in than lap swimmers. Breakfast is the typical free hotel breakfast, and perhaps a touch better.

This hotel is my first choice in Brentwood and surrounding area of St. Louis. Close to Galleria, great restaurants and ample nice shopping very close.

Room Tip: I like the rooms in the upper floors.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Shawnee, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

This was a business stay. Very nice hotel and beautiful lobby area, except for the front desk being literally right where you walk in. This makes for a drafty check-in, and must be miserable for the attendant.
King bed room was very nice, well-designed and well-updated. Very nice bed and sheets.
Free breakfast is pretty good also, offering waffles, oatmeal, cereal, fresh fruit, yogurt, eggs, juices, milk, and more. It was kept well stocked.
Location is nice: easy to find, parking is no problem, and very close to lots of shopping and eating options, including the St. Louis Galleria.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We stayed 4 nights at the Springhill Suites in Brentwood while visiting family in STL over the Thanksgiving holiday. Our group was 2 adults, 1 child, and 1 infant. Had a very pleasant stay. Room was very clean and the perfect size for our family. We normally stay at the Hampton Inn across from Forest Park but for the price difference the SpringHill Suites is a much better deal.

Pros:
1.Very centrally located to many STL attractions.
2.Free Parking.
3.Free Breakfast.
4.Decent gym (used the treadmills with no complaints).
5.Clean rooms.
6.Friendly staff.
7.Walking distance to several restaurants, bars, cafes.

Cons:
1.Garage parking was difficult at night and one evening we had to wait for someone to leave to get a spot.( I think this was due to people parking there for the restaurants and bars.)
2.While the rooms were clean the furniture was like something out of a dorm room.
3.There was no bathtub in our room just a shower. Only an issue if you have small children.
4.Pool was sooooo tiny. I don't know how they can even advertise it as a pool. Maybe this is in lieu of the missing bathtub?

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Ann Arbor, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We frequently go to St. Louis as their childrens hospital has the world's best lung transplant program and my daughter received such a procedure and we have to follow up there every 3 months. These trips are exhausting as we are in the hospital all day receiving complicated, and often heart breaking, news. On this trip, we stayed at this hotel and had a long day of appointments scheduled. My wife woke up and ran with my daughter down to breakfast before heading back to the room to get ready to go to the hospital for another day of appointments. However, the lady told her that she couldn't eat breakfast until she got ready first. Apparently, pulling your hair back into a ponty tail while wearing yoga pants and a t-shirt is a little too uncivilized for a complimentary breakfast at a 3-star establishment. When my daughter asked why she couldn't get food, the lady replied "I don't want to make a scene out of this, I'll get you some food and you can take it back to your room." Wow, what a saint...probably will be enshrined up the street in the basilica there. Anyhow, the hotel is fine but you can guess that we don't need this treatment on top of our already stressful load. Based on the other reviews here, we aren't the only ones to find the customer service lacking. We will be traveling back to St. Louis for several more week long trips in the future but we won't be staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Del Mar, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I chose this location because I don't like staying in the downtown area with a car because it's difficult getting in and out of that area. Most of the sites are out of the downtown area anyway and this hotel is just as close to most of then. There are many restaurants and stores in the area and it's easy access to the freeways and your less the 10 minutes to the Gateway Arch. The hotel is very good with good size rooms with comfortable beds and a walk in shower in the bathroom. There is free parking and plenty of it in the structure next to the hotel. The breakfast was very good with many choices and plenty of seating. All in all a very good choice for a hotel in St Louis.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Versailles, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

Hotel is located very close to restaurants and shopping. Parking is free in covered garage. Pool is small. Breakfast was good-waffles,eggs,sausage,cereal,basic stuff. Rooms were clean,bed comfortable,pillows not so much. Microwave and mini frige were nice in rooms. We were gone all day first day of visit and rooms were not cleaned when we got back,disappointing. Would probably stay here again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

This is a shame! It's bad enough what happen to my friend and her niece which cause them to leave St Louis early and not need a room for a 2nd night but, to add insult to injury, the counter person seems to take great pleasure in the fact that I was being charged for an extra night that wasn't going to be used and which I should have been able to cancel (usual Industry Standards give you to 6PM) .... BUT worse even, while I was standing there figuring out exactly how much extra I was being overcharged she proclaimed to me that I need to leave "her hotel" or she would call the police and have me removed. I was there a total of 5 minutes, give or take a minute. I wasn't loud, I wasn't distributive to the other guest, and I wasn't threatening or causing a scene. But for some reason, she felt it in her power to threaten me which I feel was completely unfounded. Yes I was upset but her threat was unwarranted. What is going on there in that area of Richmond Heights that makes this place have such rude and threatening staff? Did I just catch her on a bad day? Is she like this to everyone? Does everyone who comes in there and doesn't "do" everything precisely just a certain way to cancel a room taken advantage of by being charged for another night that wasn't used? Is SpringHill Suites hurting that badly that they are willing to take advantage of people whenever they can (even if something terrible happened to one of their guest) and then use the Richmond Heights goon squad and muscle to threaten customers? What a bad experience! Beware of this location I would advise!!! It's not worth it! You can drive further west of Hyw 40 and pay $50 less and probably won't be treated so badly. Why does this location and this staff have such an elite sense of superiority to treat a customer this way? Makes me wonder if there was something else wrong with her to cause her to act this way. Oh ... and when I tried to explain to her what happened to my friend and her niece, causing all of this, her condescending statement was "Well bad things happen sometimes, too bad" and just shrugged it off. What a sad woman!

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to SpringHill Suites St. Louis Brentwood? Share your experiences!