“A Black Tie Affair” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Brentwood
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“A Black Tie Affair”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We frequently go to St. Louis as their childrens hospital has the world's best lung transplant program and my daughter received such a procedure and we have to follow up there every 3 months. These trips are exhausting as we are in the hospital all day receiving complicated, and often heart breaking, news. On this trip, we stayed at this hotel and had a long day of appointments scheduled. My wife woke up and ran with my daughter down to breakfast before heading back to the room to get ready to go to the hospital for another day of appointments. However, the lady told her that she couldn't eat breakfast until she got ready first. Apparently, pulling your hair back into a ponty tail while wearing yoga pants and a t-shirt is a little too uncivilized for a complimentary breakfast at a 3-star establishment. When my daughter asked why she couldn't get food, the lady replied "I don't want to make a scene out of this, I'll get you some food and you can take it back to your room." Wow, what a saint...probably will be enshrined up the street in the basilica there. Anyhow, the hotel is fine but you can guess that we don't need this treatment on top of our already stressful load. Based on the other reviews here, we aren't the only ones to find the customer service lacking. We will be traveling back to St. Louis for several more week long trips in the future but we won't be staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

115 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Del Mar, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I chose this location because I don't like staying in the downtown area with a car because it's difficult getting in and out of that area. Most of the sites are out of the downtown area anyway and this hotel is just as close to most of then. There are many restaurants and stores in the area and it's easy access to the freeways and your less the 10 minutes to the Gateway Arch. The hotel is very good with good size rooms with comfortable beds and a walk in shower in the bathroom. There is free parking and plenty of it in the structure next to the hotel. The breakfast was very good with many choices and plenty of seating. All in all a very good choice for a hotel in St Louis.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Versailles, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

Hotel is located very close to restaurants and shopping. Parking is free in covered garage. Pool is small. Breakfast was good-waffles,eggs,sausage,cereal,basic stuff. Rooms were clean,bed comfortable,pillows not so much. Microwave and mini frige were nice in rooms. We were gone all day first day of visit and rooms were not cleaned when we got back,disappointing. Would probably stay here again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

This is a shame! It's bad enough what happen to my friend and her niece which cause them to leave St Louis early and not need a room for a 2nd night but, to add insult to injury, the counter person seems to take great pleasure in the fact that I was being charged for an extra night that wasn't going to be used and which I should have been able to cancel (usual Industry Standards give you to 6PM) .... BUT worse even, while I was standing there figuring out exactly how much extra I was being overcharged she proclaimed to me that I need to leave "her hotel" or she would call the police and have me removed. I was there a total of 5 minutes, give or take a minute. I wasn't loud, I wasn't distributive to the other guest, and I wasn't threatening or causing a scene. But for some reason, she felt it in her power to threaten me which I feel was completely unfounded. Yes I was upset but her threat was unwarranted. What is going on there in that area of Richmond Heights that makes this place have such rude and threatening staff? Did I just catch her on a bad day? Is she like this to everyone? Does everyone who comes in there and doesn't "do" everything precisely just a certain way to cancel a room taken advantage of by being charged for another night that wasn't used? Is SpringHill Suites hurting that badly that they are willing to take advantage of people whenever they can (even if something terrible happened to one of their guest) and then use the Richmond Heights goon squad and muscle to threaten customers? What a bad experience! Beware of this location I would advise!!! It's not worth it! You can drive further west of Hyw 40 and pay $50 less and probably won't be treated so badly. Why does this location and this staff have such an elite sense of superiority to treat a customer this way? Makes me wonder if there was something else wrong with her to cause her to act this way. Oh ... and when I tried to explain to her what happened to my friend and her niece, causing all of this, her condescending statement was "Well bad things happen sometimes, too bad" and just shrugged it off. What a sad woman!

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
leawood kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed at this hotel with some friends while visiting college kids. It was located in a safe area with many restaurants around to choose from. Parking was included, no valet. This is a bare bones hotel but so clean, comfortable and rooms were such a good size. There is a refrigerator and microwave in every room. The TV swiveled from sitting area to bed area. The breakfast was included but wasn't the usual free fare. Definitely had the usual suspects but also oatmeal, yogurt and I liked the fruit... it was fresh. Staff not too friendly but not a problem as there wasn't much to ask for. Ten minutes from SLU.. easy drive.

Room Tip: All the rooms are suppose to be the same but as we had two rooms, we saw two different bathroom conf...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Northern Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Arguably not truly a suite, bed is separated from the sitting area just by a rather cheesy piece of framed plexiglass. Another minor point: the furniture is cheap stuff, has a contemporary look that some will like (I don't) and in the eyes of some will hide its cheapness. But big enough, good wifi wireless, quiet. What is especially nice for the business traveler is there are a number of restaurant options right around the hotel, several of them open quite late which was important as my meeting went very late (as I knew it would). Free hot breakfast and evening reception sounded good but did not fit my schedule. Recommended.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this wonderful hotel in September 2012. The staff was very friendly and extremely helpful in providing info on restaurants and directions. The elevator in the hotel was very quick. The room was perfect for us; there was a microwave, small fridge, sink and plenty of shelves to put food/snacks. The livingroom area was small but more than adequate for the two of us. The tv swiveled so you could watch it from bed or the livingroom area. The amenties in the bathroom were very nice. Parking was plentiful between outside of the hotel and the parking garage. There were two restaurants adjacent to the hotel so at the end of a long sightseeing day it was great to walk over to eat and not have to drive! In fact, within a mile or two there were numerous restaurants, both chains and local. The hotel was in close proximity to the freeway as well as tourist spots such as Forest Park and the St. Louis Walk of Fame.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to SpringHill Suites St. Louis Brentwood? Share your experiences!