“Perfect Place for our Family” 4 of 5 stars
Review of StoneBridge Resort

You added StoneBridge Resort to your Saves list
StoneBridge Resort
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   50 StoneBridge Parkway, Branson West, Branson, MO 65737   |
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Perfect Place for our Family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

We stayed in the Lodges at Fox Hollow at the Stonebridge Resort in a two-bedroom lodge. It was a perfect fit for our family. My husband and I and our daughter, son-in-law and one and four year old granddaughters traveled to Branson primarily to go to Silver Dollar City. We wanted a place away from the Branson traffic and commericalism. The property at Stonebridge was lovely, quiet and had the amenities we wanted. The pool at Fox Hollow, beside the lake was wonderful for taking our four-year old granddaughter. We did not play golf, but the golf course looked awesome and when we go back we will plan on a round. We did have trouble with a faucet in one of the bathrooms (fell off!) but the maintenance guy was there within minutes and got it fixed. The kitchen amenities were fine. I brought paper goods and other usual items, but would bring an electric skillet next time. We ordered food to pick up from the Treehouse but it was mediocre. We just really liked the overall feel of the resort. It was not glamorous, but very comfortable, VERY clean and served our purposes well.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Carlisle, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

The lodges were beautiful with all of the comforts of home(and better). The pool was great! I was extremely impressed when 35 of us showed up at the grill for breakfast(without contacting them ahead of time), and they graciously set up a buffet for us. Great food, great accomodations, and friendly staff!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Wichita
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

I hosted a group of 35 women from all over the US at the Lodges At Roark Creek which is contained in Stonebridge Resort. The resort is everything that is advertised--beautiful scenery, lots to do, excellent views, great landscaping and wonderful service. Our group rented 4 lodges. The staff was friendly and assisted each person to find the lodges. We had arranged to eat Friday dinner in the grill which had great atmosphere and was perfect for our group. People were so impressed with the service and the food that we ended up having three meals out of the possible five with Ronna and Steve, the proprietors of the food service at the Clubhouse. The Lodges look like mountain cabins, but have all of the modern accessories including flat screen tvs, bathrooms with jetted tubs in each bedroom and wireless. It is hard to please 35 people, but each one raved about the accomodations and the service.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Tulsa, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

The lodge was very rustic. I would say Grade “A” on the exterior and Grade “C” on the interior. Very cheap furnishings. The grounds are very well maintained and there are playgrounds for the children. The entire facility is gated. I could not get the Wi-Fi to work. Other than that, I would say everything worked OK.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

We stayed at this Stonebridge resort this past weekend. My girlfriend and I needed a weekend getaway, so we wanted a secluded lodge that was comfortable for 3 nights. Our lodge was way in the back of the property, which was exactly 3 miles from the front gate. The entire property sits on about over 3500 acres of land. It is very spread out, nice rolling hills covered with trees. Inside our lodge was bigger than expected. It's very nice, and I think the lodge was recently built, since I smelled fresh wood throughout the lodge. We absolutely loved this lodge. It was a one bedroom lodge, with the bedroom was upstairs. There was a separate air conditioning unit upstairs, so that there's climate controls for both floors. The back patio was screened, so no big insects would fly in. He had coffee out there. It overlooks the creek and trees. It gets very dark at night, so you may want to remember how you get to your lodge before sunset. Nice furniture throughout the lodge, very clean and fresh. You could tell that the property is well taken care of, which is VERY important to me. We didn't golf. The only negative things about this resort is that it lacks amenities on the resort. If you didn't play golf, the only thing you can do is swim, or play tennis. The fitness gym only had 1 treadmill. They need more activities. They have PLENTY of room for more FUN STUFF! There is only so much that you can do in Branson, but sometimes I wish we had some type of activity that was going on at the resort so we didn't have to leave to try to find things to do. If you want to be away for a weekend, and want to play outside of the resort, I would recommend this resort.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

My husband and I booked 4 nights in a Standard King Suite on-line after comparing several places on the Internet. We wanted something away from the bustle and traffic of the "strip" at Branson, and the pictures of StoneBridge online were beautiful. We found everything to be just as it was described online. StoneBridge is not far from Silver Dollar City in Branson West and we found the location to be perfect for us. The property is well kept and the golf course is very scenic. My husband took his clubs and might have played if the temperature hadn't been 100 degrees for 3 out of the 4 days we were there. The room was very clean and the maid service was great with lots of towels provided every day. The kitchenette included a microwave, toaster oven, refrigerator and coffee pot. Coffee packets and cups were provided, along with paper towels and dishwashing soap. A sign over the counter said the health department would not allow utensils to be provided, which was a little puzzling. I had brought a few items with me and we had toast and fruit in the room on two of the four mornings. The kitchenette is definitely not for meals but for making and storing snacks, it is fine. The king bed was comfortable and the TV worked well because it was attached to a router and got many channels. There is WiFi in the rooms for cell phones, etc. and a passcode was provided. Our unit was close to one of the swimming pools and we had a nice balcony with chairs and a small table overlooking the golf course. The staff at the Welcome Center were very helpful and made a point to tell us we could fish in the catch-and-release lake and use the other pools. StoneBridge is a huge area with many nice homes and we enjoyed driving around and seeing all that it had to offer. The two days we went into Silver Dollar City, we were going against the traffic and the long line of cars coming from Branson. However, it did not take long to get into Branson proper and enjoy the shows, outlet malls and get to The Landing via the yellow route. Having a guarded entry was nice, also, and we were given a StoneBridge hanger to put on our car mirror which allowed us to come and go when the guard checked it. Everything was great and we thought the price of the room was reasonable compared to some of the other places we checked.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Cave Springs, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

My husband and I stayed here July 29-Aug 1, 2010. We went with four other couples. We rented a 2 bdr cabin and shared with another couple. Our reservation experience was exceptional. The reservation staff and the staff at the Welcome Center were very accommodating. The area is lush with trees, greenery and critters and it's very hilly (welcome to the Ozarks!). We never heard our neighbors which surprised me because the place was totally booked. The bedrooms and bathrooms in our unit were identical. The decor is a little outdated but our unit was clean and well stocked (and for sale). The beds were ok but not the best. The shower was pretty small and it did have a jetted tub (which we didn't use). There were steps out front to reach the unit so it was a little cumbersome getting the luggage and coolers of food and bev inside (especially on the incline). Definitely wouldn't work for someone that uses a wheelchair or walker but they may have ADA units available. We chose Stonebridge for the golf. The first evening we arrived, we met up with our friends in the clubhouse lounge. My husband and I chose the buffet which we both enjoyed. All you can eat for about $9.00. Our friends selected from the menu. They were not pleased with their food and the service was VERY slow. Not sure why because we were the only ones in the clubhouse. After dinner, the boys wanted to shoot 9 holes. The girls wanted to ride with them and see the beautiful course. They charged us an additional $12 just to have a "rider." My husband didn't tell me that until we left but I enjoyed being a "rider" anyway. The course is beautiful and challenging and the guys played everyday. You cannot bring your own cart. 18 holes and a cart will run you about $79.00 if you're staying on their property. I think 9 holes will run you about $56.00 with a cart. We were told two of the pools were more family oriented. Since none of us were traveling with children, we opted for the clubhouse pool. It was nice. Only went to 5' so no diving board or slide. They do have loungechairs around the pool. You'll need to bring your own towel. I called the Welcome Center to make sure it was ok to bring a cooler (it was about 100 degrees!) and they said it was. When we arrived at the pool, we were told that we couldn't bring it in. We struck a deal and I parked the cooler just outside the pool fence for relaitively easy access vs paying for drinks at the clubhouse. Love tennis but too hot to play when we went. I read that they have a very strict dress code for tennis. May want to check about court fees too if you're interested in playing. Overall, it's a nice place but the golf course is the main attraction. We've stayed at the cabins at Thousand Hills in Branson many times before (where they also have a golf course but we've never golfed it) and think Thousand Hills has much nicer (and less expensive) accommodations that what we had at Stonebridge. But...golf was great at Stonebridge!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends

Been to StoneBridge Resort? Share your experiences!