“HORRIBLE” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Branson West
Kansas
“HORRIBLE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Place was filthy and staff barely spoke English so they were hard to speak with. My father had to change his own light bulbs that were burned out because staff would not do it. Were told that if we wanted to check out early that once we checked out a refund would be given. So we checked out and then....you guessed it....they refused to give us a refund for the nights we did not stay. PLEASE DON'T STAY HERE.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Torrance
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I reserved online, not seeing the rooms.I was stuck paying for the stay.I stayed 3 days, only at night to sleep. In the 3 days, the toilet was never cleaned, the sink also. The sheets were never changed, or the trash taken out. On a SUNDAY nite, at 8pm, I had to ask that work stop, pounding etc, on a room close to mine.It was hard to that stopped . On MONDAY nite, at 8:15 pm, they were now working on the roof (not an emergency repair), again I had to go to the office and complain. It seems as if they were working without permits (on a Sunday at 8pm, on a Monday at 8:15 pm) when city inspectors would not be working. On the night stand was an envelope for me to leave a tip in.
In looking at the local paper, they advertised a room for $125.00 a week. What does that tell you?

Room Tip: Look first.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Galena, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I live in the area, and my Mom flew in for a fun stay. Saturday night (5/11) we decided to stay here for a last night stay. We thought it was going to be fun and it had really good rates! For starters, the office had the most awful smell to it, I can't even give a descriptive word to compare it too! That made us wonder what the rooms were going to be like, of course. We were put in the back of the building,so we went and checked in to our room.... And it began. Two doors down there was a room with a piece of plywood( s/p) over it. The windows were all crashed in and the room looked in shambles. It seriously looked like a car ran through it. We went to Branson then came back around 9. There were plenty of cars there so we figured the stay wouldn't be bad. To start off, there was no coffee maker. I'm not even sure if there was a hairdryer. They had free wifi but their internet was down and they refused to fix it. So it would be up for about 4 minutes then go off again. All night there were slamming doors outside and one time even a cop came there and just sat there, which gave us an uneasy feeling. We went outside once and there was a very...scary looking woman coming in and out of a room. Very suspicious. We went to get ice and had to go the second level for that, which was no big deal, but you had to pay for it AND the stairwell was a total disaster. There were shopping cart everywhere, dirty, torn up couches and piles of trash. It was seriously the most disgusting thing. All night there was stomping over us and the beds were so uncomfortable. I would NEVER request this place to anybody. Hotel Impossible needs to be here!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Wilber, Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Management was polite. The motel is a dump. Noisy, carpet in the room is old and smells. Carpet outside on the deck is worn and torn in places. The room there wasn't even kleenex's. The continental breakfast consisted of cold ceral and coffee was cold. I booked through Hotelsone website and when I got there to check in they didn't even have my reservation. It took over an hour and 3 phone calls by me to get my reservation straightened out. I won't stay here again or use Hotelsone again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Poplar Bluff, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

My family stayed here for two nights while visiting Branson, particularly Silver Dollar City. The location was perfect, a very short, no traffic drive to SDC. There is a McDonalds and a Pizza Hut right next door. The motel itself is dated, not new and flashy but seriously for $39.00 a night what on earth could you find to complain about? Rooms were clean, bathroom was clean and everything worked fine. TV reception was good with lots of channel choices. Is this a 5 star resort... of course not! Is it clean and comfortable, yes it is. Pillows were a bit on the flat side, take your own. Never tried the breakfast ...went to McDonalds and it was fine. I don't know what kind of breakfast people expect when the room cost is less than $50 in a tourist trap like Branson.....I don't know how they can even meet expenses at this price. If you want a clean room for a good price then stay here!! We NEVER had a traffic problem until we got into Branson on 76, the location of this Inn makes it a lot easier to get around the mobs!!

Room Tip: If you require a special pillow by all means bring your own, the ones offered at the motel aren'...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Eudora
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

We stayed two nights. The beds were comfortable and plenty of towels. It is under new ownership and the breakfast room was closed down. Breakfast served in the lobby. Verry
small. Only cereal and toast, coffee and watered down juice. They used to serve biscuits
and gravy. Will think twice before we stay again.

Room Tip: A room on ground leval out back.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Southeast Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

We paid for two nights and stayed only one. On the second night we were woke up in the middle of the night from a man screaming help me!!! We called the front desk and they said they would take care of it. After ten minutes of screaming our two babies had been woken up. We try to leave but the five police cars and ems vechiles were everywhere! A man was laying on the ground screaming and the window was shattered in the room behind ours!!!!!!!! The police told us that they had been doing drugs!!!!!!! Management told me that it was impossable to be refunded! And we should just go back to sleep that it was just a man that was sick!!! Stay here at your own risk!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Lakeview Inn by Silver Dollar City? Share your experiences!