“Great potential, but terrible customer service.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Lakeside Resort Restaurant & General Store

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Branson West
Lakeside Resort Restaurant & General Store
You added Lakeside Resort Restaurant & General Store to your Saves list
153 Coney Drive, Branson West, Branson, MO 65737   |
Offers & Announcements
Free Lodging/Boat Rental
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Branson West
Temecula, CA
“Great potential, but terrible customer service.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We had planned and saved all year for our week long stay at the Lakeside Resort. We had booked the new Turtle Cove Lodge which sleeps 12. Upon check in, we were told that we had booked 7 nights when we had only booked 6. This is where everything went downhill. Less than 24 hours after this encounter, I was called to the office to be told I had scratched the kitchen counter and would be charged to replace the entire 10 foot counter. Because of this we could not spend much money on our vacation, and were unable to enjoy the resort restaurant, store, or boat rentals because the owner was going to have to use that money to buy a new counter should he follow through. Not only did he follow through, but he charged $807 to my credit card. We travel to Branson every year and will continue to do so. I just won't be staying here.

Stayed July 2015, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I had planned on spending a relaxing week on the lake, but the owner makes it near impossible. He hovers over you, has others report to him what you are doing, micromanages his guests, nickel and dimes you for anything you want to enjoy at the resort. He advertises 2 pools, but there is only one. He does not provide anywhere to lay out, only cheap plastic chairs to sit in. You cannot bring towels to the lake or pool per his rules. This way he can charge you for towels in his store. He doesn't provide any water toys, tubes, flotation devices, etc. this way he can charge you to rent his. His unit advertises a "Keurig Coffee Bar", but does not provide coffee. My stay was very uncomfortable due to the owners constant meddling. To make matters worse, he added phony charges to our bill.

Stayed July 2015, traveled with family
Tablerock64, Owner at Lakeside Resort Restaurant & General Store, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Greetings everyone! Here at Lakeside Resort we take reviews seriously. We may not always agree with someone's opinion but we do consider that opinion and make necessary adjustments along the way.
Remember that old saying, "Things are not always as they appear"? In todays world of social media it is easy to leave a review and say what you want to say without having to support your review with facts or even give any facts. You can also leave out huge pieces of information to a story to create a completely erroneous picture of events that occurred. This review is so bizarre, twisted, self centered and full of holes that it is comical. I will clarify a few items for those that may be questioning some things and then give you the missing pieces to this story. You will definitely want to read about that below.
On any given day here at Lakeside we have between 150-170 guests and patrons. It is very busy in the here in the summer and to say that we "micro-manage" and "hover" is clearly not based in reality. We simply do not have the desire to or the time to do that. Our website clearly provides information and descriptions about our 2 pools with pictures, Keurig coffee pots and towel policy. If you are to READ our reservation policies or look at the site all of the information is there. We are not in the pool towel laundry business. We do not rent or sell towels of any kind here. It is common knowledge in this type of lodging industry that expensive room bathing towels are not to be used as pool or boating towels and guests need to bring their own. It is also common knowledge that guests bring their own personal flotation devices. We do not rent or sell them. The only tubes we rent are the ones you pull behind a water craft when you rent a boat.
As Paul Harvey always said..."And now, the rest of the story." What was conveniently left out of this review are some very strange events that occurred while this guest and family members stayed here. A family member in this party, within 3 hours of arrival, stole a 4 lb. small mouth bass from a 6 yr old child's fish basket on the dock that he had caught that morning on his brand new kiddie pole. He claimed he thought it was a "snake trap" that just happened to have a beautiful fish in it. He took the fish that "just happened" to be in the fish basket to our most expensive rental unit of $320.00/night and filleted the fish on the brand new counter top. This event is supportable by eye witnesses, video surveillance, numerous pictures and estimates for repair. They claimed that they were just "a few little scratches" from normal wear and tear. They were only the 8th guest to use the kitchen. Let us say loudly and clearly...This behavior at Lakeside Resort absolutely will not be tolerated! They were held accountable both personally to the child with apologies and financially for repair of the damage. This family did not like being held accountable and therefore has gone on to numerous social media sites to harass, defame, and spread false lies in attempt to bully us in retaliation.
Our family has hired an attorney for assistance in response to this family. He has contacted them and will be filing pertinent paperwork soon. Their claims are outlandish, false and revengeful. Even when you can sit in the comfort of your living room and say anything you want about anyone you want, accountability is still required. Accountability is what they are unwilling to accept.
In our 9 summers here at Table Rock Lake, we have never encountered a scenario like this one. By overwhelming majority, our guests are wonderful, courteous, gracious families that keep us motivated to do what we do. Have a wonderful day everyone!
Oro Valley, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

What a great place! The owners were very helpful and treated us very well! The cabins were air conditioned and had plenty of sleeping space. The boat we rented was great for fishing and hanging out. The drive to the resort was beautiful. They had a pool for those who do not enjoy the lake with a slide! We had pizza from the restaurant one evening and it was awesome!!

• Stayed July 2015, traveled with family
Tablerock64, Owner at Lakeside Resort Restaurant & General Store, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Thanks for taking time to leave a review. We enjoyed seeing everyone and the week went way to fast.
North Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Accommodations were clean and owners/staff were always friendly and helpful. Good quiet area for a family vacation on a beautiful lake. Convenient boat rentals on-site. Will be back for future vacations.

• Stayed July 2015, traveled with family
Thanks guys for staying with us and for your awesome review. Have a great week everyone.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We've been to many resorts around Table Rock Lake and I would rate this resort the best of the best. They recently added 2 new units (Turtle Cove Lodge A & B) that are nicer than those at Paradise Point and Big Cedar (Bass Pro Shops). The cabins are competitively priced and well maintained. The boat dock is nicely protected from the main lake and offers dock guards for good protection for your boat while in the slip.

While boating on Table Rock Lake, I developed water in my engine fuel filter that stalled the engine. I was drifting out on the lake. I called Lakeside to get a number for Sea Tow, but Rick (the owner) offered to help me out by towing me back to their place at no charge! After I was back in my slip Rick helped me get my engine back to running order so I could enjoy the rest of my stay with the boat. I don't know any other resort owners that would do that and I've been to many.

I highly recommend this resort. It is a family run business that makes every effort to make sure your time at their resort is enjoyable. This resort far exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed July 2015, traveled with family
Tablerock64, Owner at Lakeside Resort Restaurant & General Store, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thanks for taking time to leave a review of your stay. So glad we got to meet you folks and thanks for staying with us.
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My family and I decided to check this place out and ended up staying here. From the very first contact and up until the day we left the owner and family were very friendly, helpful and hard workers.
The house we stayed in was very well kept and very comfy. TV with cable, comfy chairs, nice kitchen equipment, etc. made the stay very easy and nice.
The store and the food they serve was very good. The custard is a must have as well.
The owners were always very helpful with our boat at the dock as well.

IF I had to raise an issue it would be that the rentals, or at least the one we were in, did not have internet access. Sometimes that is not a bad thing when getting away for a break but it is something they will need to consider in the future.

Would we stay here again? ABSOLUTELY! And we have stayed at a number of different places at Table Rock Lake.

• Stayed July 2015, traveled with family
Tablerock64, Owner at Lakeside Resort Restaurant & General Store, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Wow you guys are so kind with your comments. Thanks for staying with us and for allowing us to meet and be a part of your vacation. Blessings.
Pampa, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Where to begin with this review? There are so many wonderful things about this place.
First, Stephanie and her family are absolutely wonderful. From booking to checking out. I, being an Iowa native, just as the owners are, so the friendliness was there from the beginning.
My boyfriend and I decided that we were going to take our combined family of 8, on vacation. His 3 beautiful daughters, my 2 beautiful daughters and son and my oldest daughters boyfriend. That's right 9 total!!! I have been to Table Rock Lake before, over 14 years ago, and it is beautiful, so we agreed that the family would love it.
The cabin was amazing! Had enough room for my large family (we actually didn't use one the rooms, because the 2 youngest girls didn't want the bunk beds, HAHA). The master bedroom was amazing and having 3 full bathrooms in the cabin, was perfect (especially for my boyfriend, because he was pretty much surrounded by women).
The owner's children are the most polite children I have seen in a very long time. Carson, the youngest boy, is such a gentleman. Our second day there, we decided that we were just going hang around the dock and relax. Towards the end of the evening, I decided that I wanted go rent a golf cart, to bring coolers to the dock. When I went up to the store, I was prepared to pay a full days price to rent the golf cart for an hour (they needed to be returned by 8 PM). Carson was in the store and heard my conversation with Stephanie and piped up that he could just give us a ride to the cabin, so that we could get our truck. When he took us to our cabin, he actually took us to the adjoining cabin, when my boyfriend's oldest daughter and I told him this was fine, we could walk, he said, "oh no, I will drive you over there." He made us giggle.
The daughter, (and I am so sorry I didn't catch your name sweetie) was so polite and helpful. Zach, the oldest of the three, was waiting for us the day we came back from an awesome day on the lake, in a pontoon that we rented from the resort. He was most helpful in making sure that we didn't forget anything on the boat, helped us pull into the dock, and even helped some of the girls off the boat.
The food is amazing! Like I said, I am an Iowa native who moved to Texas. In Texas they do not have walking tacos and their fried pickles need some work, haha. Stephanie made me a walking taco, to die for and her fried pickle spears....well let's just say Stephanie, took care of my cravings. And her pizza, oh my goodness! If I could convince her and her family to move to Texas and open shop, I can promise you, she would put Pizza Hut and Dominos out of business!!!
I could go on and on about this resort.
Best thing I can say, is to check it out, you will not be disappointed!!!
We will be back again, just not with all the kids again. Next time, just mama and daddy!
Thanks for everything! You guys are the best!

• Stayed June 2015, traveled with family
Thanks for staying with us and for being so kind to leave a review. Have an awesome summer.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Branson West
Village At Indian Point
Village At Indian Point
#10 of 151 in Branson
4.5 of 5 stars 568 reviews

Been to Lakeside Resort Restaurant & General Store? Share your experiences!