“Extremely Relaxing” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 151 Hotels in Branson
Benton, Kentucky
“Extremely Relaxing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The Most Relaxing Resort I have stayed at. The Room was large, the bed was exceptionally comfortable. The staff was wonderful.

The Activities area was great. The "Splash" area of the activities area was very nice. Indoor/outdoor pool, water slide (a nice long one, not the typical token slide), water fall area, small children water activities, dumping bucket two large hot tubs one inside and one covered outside. The staff was very attentive to the water temperature. When the air temperature dropped to 64, the staff turned up the pool and outside not temps to compensate for the cold weather. I wish places like this existed when I had young children!

There were several scheduled activities.

Room Tip: All the rooms seem good.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Traded our timeshare with Interval International to stay here. There is a hotel and condos on the property. We had the smaller side of a lock-off condo, but it was ample for two people. Bed was comfortable. Kitchen was adequately equipped. Two nice flat screen TVs. The only drawback was that the kitchen cabinets and bathroom countertop were not user friendly for short people. The resort has a indoor/outdoor pool with a nice waterslide inside. At the end of April, the pool was sort of busy on the weekend, but pretty deserted during the week. There were poolside activities. There is also a pool by the hotel, but it wasn't opened for the season. We played putt-putt on a course next to the hotel. The course could use a little sprucing up, but it was fun and free. We had a two for one breakfast buffet which was nice, but nothing extraordinary. Like any resort, there are the timeshare presentations where you can earn "gifts". There's not a lot of pressure to go. Although we weren't interested in buying, we sat through the 2 hour presentation and came away with free show tickets and a coupon book for area restaurants and attractions. Wished we had gone to the presentation earlier in the week so that we had more chance to use the coupons. The area near the resort isn't all built up like Orlando. It was about a 10 minute drive to the grocery store and 15-20 minutes to the downtown shopping area. Many of the show venues are close by (15 minute drive??). It seems to be family friendly. We were told it is very busy in the summer months.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had a girls night out and stayed at the Welk Resort. Their pool and and other activities are spectacular!!!! I am definitely going back and making a family vacation out of the resort. Great place! Great service! Thank you for being so accomadating!

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I have stayed here a few times with my wife and we loved it. The hotel looks real nice, the staff is pleasant and helpful and don't make us feel like burdens. We didn't want to spend all day on the strip so we used their indoor/outdoor water attraction the "splashatorium" SO MUCH FUN! I absolutely recommend Welk resorts!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Fort Smith, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This place is easy to find, very clean, great rates and breakfast buffet was very good also. We came for the conference, they have a perfect set up. Check in was fast, rooms very clean. Plenty of towels. Oh and far from some great shopping.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We decided on Welk Resort because of the reviews, family friendliness, water park, and price. The value for the money was really very good. The resort is fabulous. It is very clean and well taken care of. I love that it is close enough to the main strip but not on the main strip. There is so much to do here for families. They have activities and fun things around the resort to do. This is a great value added to your booking price. The water park was awesome. The two hot tubs are great. The restaurant was dead when we went in there for dinner but the two ladies working were so nice and friendly we felt at home. The food was really good!! We did not expect it to be so good! My husband had the grilled chicken and I had the fried shrimp and we were both very satisfied. The mini golf course is small but fun for children and families. I loved that they also have a park with swings and slides for toddlers and children. This was great because it was close to our room. The resort is really peaceful. The staff was exceptional and very friendly as we were coming and going. They have movies to rent and DVD players if you want to watch movies. The waterpark opens early and stays open late. The beds in our hotel room were amazing!!!! My husband is a bed snob and loved the bed. We just recently stayed in a four star hotel in St. Louis and he said the beds at Welk were ten times better than our previous hotel. The rooms are not very big but they were very comfortable and they did have a fridge which I was pleased about. I would book here in heart beat. The Welk is great. We had a really relaxing family vacation here.

Room Tip: bring ibuprofen or aspirin if you ever need it. I needed some and the small resort mini mart was out...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
WelkBranson, Guest Relations Manager at Welk Resort Branson, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for your very kind review and for your stay with us. It sounds like you had a memorable experience, and we hope your family will cherish it always. We look forward to you coming back and seeing us soon.
North Little Rock, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

For those that follow me may remember my review of this property several years ago. Since then, it seems, the ownership has invested in this property and gave it a much needed face lift. The lobby is more modern than it was, and the rooms are not so Super 8ish as they once were. They now have a fridge, flat tv, and pretty decent wifi (when it actually worked -- more on that later).

Checking in, I learned how Expedia works in regards to your reservation. I had assumed, as I'm sure most of you do, that once you place your reservation, you are in the system and good to go. Not quite. Upon making your reservation, the property gets an email with all the details as well as where you are paying (Expedia or the property itself). The front desk (or whoever else) has to input the reservation manually into the system. I speak of this because this caused the only issue of my stay. Arriving around 1, I waited in the check in line for a good 10 minutes behind a lady who seemed to have an endless line of questions that had she read the literature provided by the front desk clerk could have had 99% of them answered i'm sure, but I digress. I finally get to the check in desk and my reservation was not in the system. We spent a good 5 minutes going around and around about how I was sure I booked the correct dates, etc. I finally went back out the the car and got my reservation print out (my phone was in the car too) and got back in the check in line. 10 more minutes or so goes by and I'm finally at the desk again. This time, the clerk realizes what had happened and runs back to the back and sure enough, my reservation is still in the inbox -- someone on the overnight shift didn't input the reservations.

After check in, we got to our room which was a lot better than I remembered. Like I said above, it no longer has the Super8 feel to it and more of a modern business hotel. Unlike last time, we decided to visit the splashitorium as the kids have been begging to swim for months now. So I suit up and walk over to the complex (it's across the parking lot from the lobby) and was surprised at what it was. The website and most tourist sites sell this as some water park. Yes, there is a water slide and that's about it. The pool is an indoor - outdoor setup which is pretty neat the way they have it laid out. There are two hot tubs (one in and one out) and a splash area with sprinklers and waterfalls for the super small. There are staff on site who coordinate activities and on the night we were there, they were showing a movie outside while people swam. I let the kids swim for a few hours before rounding them up for dinner. Of course, after dinner, we returned for a few more hours of water play.

Finally the kids are worn out and we return to the room. The beds are comfortable enough -- not too hard, not too soft and the only issue with the room we had was the AC would not heat up. It was perpetually on 71. The next day, I took the kids out to the playground, but the path was blocked by a scale replica of the Vietnam Vet Memorial in DC, so we had to detour a bit -- no big deal. The mini golf is more like old-school putt putt than the courses you see around town, so if you are a mini golf fan, go play off-site.

We skipped breakfast this time around because the last time we were here the $8 price tag for frozen and reconstituted food was a little much for the taste. Check out at the Welk is at 10 am -- pretty early, but being as the pool and everything opens at 10, it makes sense.

Both of my kids like this property -- mainly because of the splashitorium -- so we will stay here again.. The rooms are ok, but while now better than a super 8, there isn't much to separate this place from the Ramada or Fairfield Inn down the road -- that is unless you like the water park feature or the on-site theater.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of your stay with us. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others.
We are so glad you appreciated the recent re-fresh of our resort. We feel, and guests agree, that the new amenities are very convenient and comfortable and add a tremendous value to their stay. We apologize if there was any challenge with your check in. We will make sure our front desk staff reads your comments and corrects whatever issue there was.
We are happy to hear you enjoyed our Splash-A-Torium. It is a great place for families to relax, and have fun. We would like to point out that anywhere we advertise the Splash-A-Torium, we use the term “water attraction”. We do not advertise it as a “water park”. We do believe that it has a lot of fantastic amenities and that along with our Activities associates and daily, scheduled activities, it provides an exciting and memorable experience to our guests.
We are sorry you did not choose our breakfast buffet. Most of our guests find it a great value, and the extensive, hot buffet is one of the largest in town.
We thank you again for your review, and hope you will come back soon.

Been to Welk Resort Branson? Share your experiences!