“Spring Break Fun!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Spring Break Fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

A friend and I took our 6 year old boys to the Welk Resort in Branson for spring break this year. They had a BALL...loved the splashatorium! (We spent well over 6 hours a day in the splashatorium.)

The service is the best I have received in a really long time. It's nice to know that customer service is still important to some companies. All staff members were super friendly and willing to accommodate any crazy request. We needed a postage stamp and the front desk was out, so the lady at the front desk gave us one of her personal stamps...who does that these days?! I was a little bummed one evening because they were down to only strawberry ice cream. The front desk made a call and found that they did have other flavors in their freezer. She personally went and got the ice cream and brought it back. Seriously people...this place is awesome!! We will definitely be going back.

The rooms are spacious and clean. I never actually saw housekeeping, but our beds were made and towels replaced daily.

The restaurant was okay...nothing spectacular, but definitely convenient if you don't want to have to go off property to eat. But the breakfast buffet...now that was great! And once again...EXCELLENT service. After only one visit, the server remembered what I had to drink two days before!

Honestly...I can't say enough about this resort! You won't be disappointed.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We chose to stay here because of the inside water slide and pool. There is one slide that is nice for kids. The pool is on large pool that you can swim to the outside and back inside. This made it very cool to swim in for March. The hotel room was nice but the people in the halls were very loud and could be heard easily in our room.

Bella Vista, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We stayed at the Welk Resort hotel with our two boys for a weekend get-away in early spring. I chose it for the indoor pool, knowing that it would be too cold to do much outdoors. We had an absolute ball! The indoor/outdoor pool was fantastic -- along with two hot tubs (one indoor, one outside) and a fantastic indoor water slide.

The hotel was clean, comfortable and modern, and the staff was friendly. The young women who were running the pool area did a great job. The night we were there they showed 80's music videos from 8 PM to 9 PM. Lots of fun for all ages!

We live about two hours away from Branson, and will definitely go back to this hotel. My only complaint was that the food at the restaurant was just so-so (not terrible, but not up to the standards of the rest of the hotel).

Benton, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I reserved two hotel rooms (King beds with pull out sofas) online directly through the Welk website. Upon arrival at 6:00 pm, I was 5th in line for check-in. There were two desk clerks. I had to wait 35 minutes in line to check in, which is ridiculous. At that point, they tell me they only have one room with the king bed + sofa options. I asked why I could reserve them online if they weren't available. They said they weren't sure and asked if I booked through a travel website like expedia, etc....which I did not. Eventually, they were able to find me another room but not one that I had reserved online. Another man in line mentioned that they could not even find his reservation though he had an email confirmation. With all of that said, we did end up with two rooms that worked fine but the wait and process to check in was the longest I had ever experienced.
The rooms were both average hotel rooms. However if ever staying I would not recommend room 300. It was the trifecta for noises. It is right next to the elevator, directly above the front doors, and the other side is the vending/ice machine. So noise level was not great. Also, our pull out sofa had dried cereal stuck to the mattress that I had to clean up. Other than the cereal, it was clean.
The Splashatorium was great. It is a nice size indoor pool with a great slide for the kids. The outdoor pool/splash pad was also nice though we didn't use it due to the season.
Overall, if check-in would have been smoother I would have given it 4 out of 5.

Room Tip: Not room 300 due to noise
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We stayed at the Welk resort for 3 nights on a spring break minivacay and I can say that it was a great stay for us. I highly recommended this hotel for families. While the weather in Branson wasn't ideal for Spring Break (it rained cats and dogs), the indoor waterpark is awesome. My kids are still raving over the big slide! We played pool and air hockey in the game room and kicked it in the activity center a while. I thought the snow cone stand by the pool was cool and they offered a towel exchange which was a plus. We also played mini-golf. The only thing that could have made our stay better would be if we could have had free breakfast with our stay. We had to go out for food which kind of reeked. This resort isn't on the strip but it's just a hop and a skip away and honestly with having small children, I liked being in a more quiet area. The staff was very polite and even told us about the good shows around town for kids. I would say our stay was a success. No complaints here.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW via mobile

We spent 3 nights here for Spring Break and had a great time. Our kids loved the pool area. Being able to swim in the outside pool at night was awesome and the loved getting snow cones by the pool. We also enjoyed the playground and putt putt. We had breakfast one morning and lunch another day at the onsite restaurant. It was so, so.
The Welk is definatly a great choice for families traveling with kids.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Very family friendly. The only reason I didn't give it a 5 star rating is because it is a little pricey! You get what you pay for! The rooms are somewhat small and the beds aren't great but they do have mini fridges in each room. AND if you're there for your family you won't be disappointed! Great activies throughout the day, awesome pool with slide and splash pads, mini golf, playground. The staff is very kid friendly. We had a great time!

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
WelkBranson, Guest Relations Manager at Welk Resort Branson, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for you review. We appreciate your comments on the value of your stay. We believe that offering more and better experiences at a competitive rate is the best way to give our guests the value people are looking for, especially during a busy week like Spring Break. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you can come back very soon.

Been to Welk Resort Branson? Share your experiences!