“Went for the free tickets end up buying” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
25% off room rate
Ranked #24 of 149 Hotels in Branson
Overland Park
“Went for the free tickets end up buying”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I want to Welk because of a free weekend stay. After the timeshare tour my husband and I decided to buy. It was great. I would highly recommend them. We stayed at Point Royale which had a wonderful indoor pool and we went to the water park at Welk too. We had a great time with our grandkids.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Lake Ozark, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Once again we had an above and beyond experience at Welk Resort, our favorite place to stay in Branson. The staff is always so warm, friendly and accomodating that we feel right at home. I love the beautiful property, comfortable beds, and most of all the friendly staff that always exceed my expectations.
The kids of course love the water park and the planned activities they offer daily. I also love the fitness center which is state of the art and the beauty of the property makes for a lovely place to enjoy a walk.
We will say at the Welk Resort again and again.

Room Tip: Every room has been great. We usually request a room close to the lobby so it's a short trip to...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

So we purchased two nights at Welk through a promotion they had with the agreement that we would take the tour. For taking the tour we would get six hockey tickets and a trip to Vegas.
What a deal right! Well Vegas turned out to be at a Ramada style accommodation off of the strip with about $200 in cost to us so we decided to pass on that. The hockey tickets they sent us were for the previous season. What am I supposed to do with those!
I have contacted the resort at least six time and still no hockey tickets.

The resort it self was OK but I hate being lied to to get me in the door.

I am not much of a Branson fan anyway, but tablerock lake is great.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

When I walked through the hotel's entrance to check in, I walked up to what looked like the front desk and front desk clerk and said my last name and "reservation for two". I was abruptly told by her that the desk that I was at was not the front desk, but was instead the concierge desk. I looked down at the desk to see if there was a sign saying "concierge" on that desk, or if there was some other way that it was differentiated from the check in desk. I did not see a sign. I told the "concierge" lady that I did not see a sign indicating this. She abruptly directed me across the lobby away from the front door, to another desk which looked very much like the "concierge" desk, and I did not see a sign indicating that other desk was different from the "concierge" desk next to the front door.

I then walked across the lobby to the front desk, and checked in with a very pleasant lady clerk. She then told me that I had to walk back across the lobby to the "concierge" desk to get a parking pass to park my car in the hotel lot. This seemed odd because there was plenty of parking during my stay, and the Welk theater did not have stars performing while I was there (I was not able to locate their 2014 theater schedule on their website). I told the lady at the front desk that I had already been over at the "concierge" desk, and had been told to go to the front desk instead.

I then walked back across the lobby to the "concierge" desk, and asked for a parking pass. The "concierge" lady then tried to pressure me into agreeing to submit to a timeshare condo presentation, in exchange for tickets to a Branson show. I politely declined, but she tried again. I declined again.

I later did an internet search of the Welk Resort timeshare condo sales reviews, but I am not allowed by this tripadvisor web site to list the web link to what I found. So I revised this review.

The hotel was nice enough, but the miniature golf course was run down and did not appear to have been maintained well. The empty Welk Theater left me feeling a bit down. The decor in the restaurant looked dated. I suggest that the hotel spend more time improving these last three items, and less time on the concierge timeshare condo sales pressure.

Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
WelkBranson, Guest Relations Manager at Welk Resort Branson, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay.
We apologize if you felt any “pressure” to tour one of our vacation ownership units. We believe these are an excellent way for guests to own their vacation for a lifetime and want to make sure every guest has an opportunity to tour. We merely want to inform…not pressure. If you felt any pressure, we apologize.
We’re glad you found time to enjoy one of the many complimentary amenities we have on-site, our miniature golf course. We sincerely apologize for leaves and debris you may have found on the course. It is maintained daily, however during these fall months, keeping up with the leaves can become an overwhelming task. That is our challenge though, so once again our apologies.
We are excited to announce that we will be renovating our restaurant space in the very near future. We’re still working to finalize the architectural plans, but please know it is on our radar and renovations will be underway in 2015. We also will soon be announcing some exciting shows that will be in our theatre for 2015 and beyond.
Thank you for your comments and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The stay at the Branson Welk Resort was extraordinary and breathtaking! The accomodations were fantastic for our brief stay. During our stay, we had the opportunity to have the honor of learning all about your outstanding properties! Our vacation consultant told us all about the wonderful opportunities to come on board with Welk resorts! Needless to say, through the tour of the properties, the warmth of seeing what the lodging had to offer, and what they had to offer for the entire family sold us to become part of the experience for future years ahead!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Welcome to the Welk Family! It is our greatest desire that families and guests want to join our family of resorts as owners. We look forward to years of helping your family create great vacation memories. We hope you will never hesitate to let us know if there is anything we can do to make your stay more pleasant.
Lee's Summit, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

As a mother of two little ones convienience is key! This place was perfect. Lots of easy to reach hooks for wet towels and suits after a trip to the pool. Plenty of places to charge cell phones and tablets. Mini fridge was in working order. The bathtub was clean for the kids. And the coffe was strong!! (Not to mention plentiful in the room and the lobby) The beds were comfy and the staff were lovely! Oh yeah...and lots of luggage carts too! The only draw back was the time warp to 1990 in the breakfast buffet, it was a jarring contrast from the nice lobby and rooms.

• Stayed October 2014
WelkBranson, Guest Relations Manager at Welk Resort Branson, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
All we can say is, “Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.”
Searcy, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I had never stayed at a Welk Resort before but will definitely do so again. The rooms were fantastic and the staff was very friendly. They have a great indoor pool with a water slide that our grandkids really enjoyed. They have many planned activities though we didn't have time to enjoy them.

Room Tip: Close proximity to all Branson has to offer.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We love to hear our guests talk about our wonderful Splash-A-Torium. We look forward to your return visit, and hope you can stay long enough to experience some of our daily, planned activities.

Been to Welk Resort Branson? Share your experiences!