“Nice Place to Stay in Branson” 4 of 5 stars

Falls Village Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   200 Creekside Road, Branson, MO 65616   |
Ranked #86 of 151 Hotels in Branson
Omaha, Nebraska
“Nice Place to Stay in Branson”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

This is the second time we have stayed at the Falls Village. We had a two bedroom combined unit for a weekend stay with the family. The rooms are spacious, have a good layout and are for the most part updated. The TV and other electronics are a bit old, but everything else is pretty much up to date. The units are clean and the kitchen is fully stocked with all utensil and linens that you would need. The clubhouse is nice and there are basketball, mini golf, a playground and two pools for visitors to partake of. This time like the first time though, the indoor pool was quite frigid. They claim is it 82 degrees, but it sure does not feel like it. It was still too cold for the outdoor pool, so this was a disappointment for the kids. That is the only issue we have ever had with the place. It is otherwise, a very nice place to stay and has easy access to many of the Branson attractions.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Lawrence, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We stayed in Building 1 of the resort. The resort itself is nice, well maintained, and in a good location. Our main gripe with the resort is in regards to the digital age. The big screen TV in the living room is an original style HD version.....meaning big and bulky and not a good picture quality. The bedroom TV is a box type TV. Because the one bedroom is so long and the TV small, it doesn't make for a good matchup. The first few days we were there, the AT&T WiFi dropped us continually and one day it was down most of the day. The day before we left was the most day we stayed connected. If you have work duties where you need reliable connectivity, this may not be the resort for you...but it could have just been a coincidence the issues happened during the week of our stay.

If you don't need WiFi on a consistent basis and don't care about TV, it's a good resort.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed in a combined two bedroom unit. I have stayed at other Bluegreen resorts, and I especially like the layout of the units at Falls Village. The kitchen is very big and spacious, with a nice round dining table at the end of the counter. The living room was very large, with a big screen TV (older style). There is also a balcony with a table and chairs, off of the living room. The bedroom in the main unit has the bed angled against the wall, and also has a big hot hot. Personally, I could've done without the hot tub and had more space in the bedroom, but it was still very nice. The bathroom has an entrance from the living room, and also the master bedroom. It's nice to have cooking and eating utensils so you don't have to eat out all of the time. We called maintenance while there about a minor issue, and they responded quickly. The smaller unit had a king bed and a sofa bed. It's a tight fit if you use the sofa bed in that unit. There is a kitchenette in that unit, but no dishwasher. You can also access the secondary unit from the main unit, as well as from the entry way. When we were there, the main door from the outside to the entry way would not lock. We were told it was because they locks freeze in winter. There is no elevator in the buildings. The views are pleasant from the rooms. There is an indoor pool and hot tub (as well as outdoor pool in season), mini golf course, basketball court, etc. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the parking lot level if you don't want to climb stairs up or down. I also pr...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Oklahoma City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

We have a family of 4 & have stayed in both a studio, and a one bedroom. The one bedroom is a much better deal. The studio has a kitchenette w/ a bar size refrigerator, two burners, and a microwave. It feels very cramped for 4. The one bedroom has a jacuzzi tub in the master, and a shower in the bathroom. The full kitchen and table for 4 make it enjoyable rather than cramped. We added an extra studio (2 bedroom option) and it felt like home!
Great way to manage costs, by allowing for our own cooking. Close to the loop, but enough out of the way to be away from the traffic.
Big Cedar has more outdoor attractions, but this is much closer to the Branson sights. We like to split time, to get the best of both worlds.

• Stayed December 2012
Newalla
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We have been Bluegreen owners for many years. We are constantly being harassed to attend an "owner update" (in other words try to sell us more points). My husband finally told them we would attend an update on 12-31-12. We were to get two nights accomodations, a $50 VISA card and a $50 Dining Dough. We have had some major issues with this company so before we left we made a list of complaints. When we arrived the service was ok, nothing spectacular. The unit we were given was nice enough. Our only real complaints about the unit was that it took a very long time to get warm water in the shower and the cooking oders from the unit next door would come into our unit and at times be pretty overpowering. Our "update" was to be at 10:45, it was 11:05 before they got us in. Proceeded to tell us how we have been flagged because we haven't bought points recently. I brought up my list of complaints. She asked to look at it. Said it was hilarious and wanted to make a copy for them to laugh about in the lounge. She came back with a manager/supervisor or whatever to address my complaints. They made alot of lame excuses for everything. He cussed alot (not very professional in my opinion). He wanted to tell us about how long ago farmers were all buying points but once they've been burned they wouldn't buy anymore. He didn't seem to get that he was making one of my points. He pretty much told us that he couldn't help with any of our complaints unless we bought more points, said he couldn't get into our account if we hadn't bought any since 2002. Most of my complaints didn't require going into my account but it was just more excuses. We mentioned several times that what he was telling us was that unless we bought more points he couldn't help us. He would say that that wasn't what he was saying at all, then go back to his same stories about how we haven't bought points recently enough so he can't do anything about complaints. We were told that they couldn't "update" us since we didn't have enough points. The woman did say that she would fax my complaints to corporate, however, I have sent the complaints to them myself and never gotten a response. I advised them that they should read some of the reviews on trip advisor. The woman said she had but that those are written by people who don't understand. I guess we must not understand either. We finally left and was given our Dining Dough Card, then told there is no place in Branson that accepts them. I wouldn't tell anyone not to stay here. It's nice enough, if you have the points or the exchange, or even a rental if the price is right then go for it. I would advise everyone though to think long and hard before buying into it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Nice spacious rooms, though not quite Marriott resort quality, with whirlpool tubs. Some crafts and activities, but very kiddy oriented. Truly obnoxious Concierge totally focused on jamming "attend a presentation" down my throat before she was willing to answer simple questions like where the nearest grocery store was.

Room Tip: Go for the top floor where you can't hear kids running around on your ceiling
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I was quite disappointed in our room this stay. We've stayed at Falls Village many, many times and this is the first time we've had such terrible accommodations. We did inform the front desk, and they were quick to "put it on their list," but had this been a vacation for just my husband and me, or if I had planned to use the kitchen more, this would not have been acceptable in the least.

A few of the issues:
-deep scratches and nicks literally all over the kitchen counter. Definitely a concern of bacterial contamination. alit-broken screen door (they did come and fix it while we were there)
-dirty floor around the whirlpool tub
-broken bathroom fixtures
-broken lamp switch
-stained carpet
-lower quality furniture than in other rooms

I was staying with just my boys this time, and my parents, who are also BlueGreen owners, were camping locally. One day, they visited our suite, and were so appalled that my dad went straight to the front desk to complain. We pay maintenance fees every year - what are they doing with them?? Certainly not fixing THIS room!

That said, I have to say it was the first time I've stayed at Falls Village and had less than a wonderful room / time / trip. Hopefully this will not happen again, but if it should, straight to the front desk I go!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family