“Mixed feelings.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #87 of 150 Hotels in Branson
Newalla
“Mixed feelings.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We have been Bluegreen owners for many years. We are constantly being harassed to attend an "owner update" (in other words try to sell us more points). My husband finally told them we would attend an update on 12-31-12. We were to get two nights accomodations, a $50 VISA card and a $50 Dining Dough. We have had some major issues with this company so before we left we made a list of complaints. When we arrived the service was ok, nothing spectacular. The unit we were given was nice enough. Our only real complaints about the unit was that it took a very long time to get warm water in the shower and the cooking oders from the unit next door would come into our unit and at times be pretty overpowering. Our "update" was to be at 10:45, it was 11:05 before they got us in. Proceeded to tell us how we have been flagged because we haven't bought points recently. I brought up my list of complaints. She asked to look at it. Said it was hilarious and wanted to make a copy for them to laugh about in the lounge. She came back with a manager/supervisor or whatever to address my complaints. They made alot of lame excuses for everything. He cussed alot (not very professional in my opinion). He wanted to tell us about how long ago farmers were all buying points but once they've been burned they wouldn't buy anymore. He didn't seem to get that he was making one of my points. He pretty much told us that he couldn't help with any of our complaints unless we bought more points, said he couldn't get into our account if we hadn't bought any since 2002. Most of my complaints didn't require going into my account but it was just more excuses. We mentioned several times that what he was telling us was that unless we bought more points he couldn't help us. He would say that that wasn't what he was saying at all, then go back to his same stories about how we haven't bought points recently enough so he can't do anything about complaints. We were told that they couldn't "update" us since we didn't have enough points. The woman did say that she would fax my complaints to corporate, however, I have sent the complaints to them myself and never gotten a response. I advised them that they should read some of the reviews on trip advisor. The woman said she had but that those are written by people who don't understand. I guess we must not understand either. We finally left and was given our Dining Dough Card, then told there is no place in Branson that accepts them. I wouldn't tell anyone not to stay here. It's nice enough, if you have the points or the exchange, or even a rental if the price is right then go for it. I would advise everyone though to think long and hard before buying into it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Nice spacious rooms, though not quite Marriott resort quality, with whirlpool tubs. Some crafts and activities, but very kiddy oriented. Truly obnoxious Concierge totally focused on jamming "attend a presentation" down my throat before she was willing to answer simple questions like where the nearest grocery store was.

Room Tip: Go for the top floor where you can't hear kids running around on your ceiling
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I was quite disappointed in our room this stay. We've stayed at Falls Village many, many times and this is the first time we've had such terrible accommodations. We did inform the front desk, and they were quick to "put it on their list," but had this been a vacation for just my husband and me, or if I had planned to use the kitchen more, this would not have been acceptable in the least.

A few of the issues:
-deep scratches and nicks literally all over the kitchen counter. Definitely a concern of bacterial contamination. alit-broken screen door (they did come and fix it while we were there)
-dirty floor around the whirlpool tub
-broken bathroom fixtures
-broken lamp switch
-stained carpet
-lower quality furniture than in other rooms

I was staying with just my boys this time, and my parents, who are also BlueGreen owners, were camping locally. One day, they visited our suite, and were so appalled that my dad went straight to the front desk to complain. We pay maintenance fees every year - what are they doing with them?? Certainly not fixing THIS room!

That said, I have to say it was the first time I've stayed at Falls Village and had less than a wonderful room / time / trip. Hopefully this will not happen again, but if it should, straight to the front desk I go!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Branson, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We booked a 1 Bedroom on our second visit to the Falls Village Resort, and we had a wonderful time! It's super-convenient to all the shows, yet it has beautiful mountain views.
Our 1 bedroom was so spacious we could have bought all 4 kids, but only had two with us on this trip, others are at college. We all loved the free mini-golf and played every day The weather was nice and warm and the outdoor pool was still open at the very end of September, which was really perfect for us. We loved the hot tubs, both in our room and at the pool.
And our boys loved the clubhouse, they played pool for free while watching the big screen TV for a couple of hours while my husband and I read a book, a real luxury!
Our condo was so spacious, it really felt like a home. I especially appreciate how open the kitchen and dining area and living room are - no one needs to feel left out, and so much room to stretch out too!
Oh - I read some ot the other reviews, and not sure if it could have been at Falls Village, there is another place nearby with a simular name. Our resort had such helpful people, everyone was smiling and polite. And our Condo had it's own large hot water heater, so not sure how someone said they ran out, we used it for the giant hot tub in the master bedroom suite and then had plenty for hot showers. We also had nice luggage holders in the huge Master closet for our suitcases, everything we could possibly want.
We love going out to eat on vacation and there are some very good restaurants nearby. We did pick up some orange juice and some sandwhich makings to have on hand for when the guys get hungry (all the time!).
The first time we stayed at Falls Village we exchanged points from another time share and could only get their Studio. It was very nice, but not nearly as huge as the one bedroom we just stayed in. We could not believe the difference! I say spring for the 1 bedroom if you can get it.
We've also stayed in a pretty cabin at Big Cedar lodge which is a sister Bluegreen resort. Very nice there too, even larger pools, a lazy river and huge health club. But you have to drive to some things there and its nice to walk to everything at Falls Village. Can't go wrong with either one.

Room Tip: One bedrooms and two bedrooms are so Spacious - really your home away from home!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Van Buren, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

This is a good place to stay close to Branson strip without the noise. We have stayed here on three separate occasions, the staff is great the rooms are clean and quiet. This is a good place for the family, swimming and mini-golf Basketball, pool table and daily family crafts are available. If you have problems with stairs or carrying your luggage you can request a ground floor suite. .Here and Big Cedar are the only places we use in Branson.

Room Tip: Rooms by the club house will have a higher noise level, When you reserve a suite, ask for what you w...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Grand Junction, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Very disappointed that Falls Village in Branson was not a little more helpful when we had to change units mid stay.."Sure you can move a little early...that will be $89.99" I understand the need to move when your week is up, but no one is in the unit we are moving into tonight, does it really make a difference if we move 12 hours early???
The room was starting to show its age, The carpets were somewhat dirty and the kitchen counters scared by knife marks, the AC and Dishwasher horribly noisy. Staff was nice enough, but surly did not go out of their way to be accommodating. The hot tub was out of commission for the first 3 days and then they shut the pool down on the warmest day we were her. I would have to get a really good deal to stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I normally stay at Big Cedar. I wanted to try this place because it is closer to Branson activities. DO NOT GO THERE!!! We have accessibility issues and it is not up to standard. The parking space is not by my room...they have NO luggage carts. I had to wait for the "maintenance man" to help me unload my stuff. I cook all my meals there so I had lots of heavy groceries along with cooking utensils. Then, the hot water was only warm at best.They give you a jetted tub but you can't get the water hot. :( Then, the dishwasher wouldn't work AFTER I cooked a meal. Doors wont close and the tub is falling apart. There was a dirty pan ( used) inside the oven. The TV just turns itself off for no reason. There are no luggage tables to put yours suitcase on... Really? U get those at motel 6! lol... I will not be staying here again.

Room Tip: Don't do it! Go to Big Cedar instead!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Falls Village Resort? Share your experiences!