“Wow - this room was not well-maintained!” 2 of 5 stars

Falls Village Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   200 Creekside Road, Branson, MO 65616   |
Ranked #90 of 161 hotels in Branson
Kansas City, Missouri
“Wow - this room was not well-maintained!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I was quite disappointed in our room this stay. We've stayed at Falls Village many, many times and this is the first time we've had such terrible accommodations. We did inform the front desk, and they were quick to "put it on their list," but had this been a vacation for just my husband and me, or if I had planned to use the kitchen more, this would not have been acceptable in the least.

A few of the issues:
-deep scratches and nicks literally all over the kitchen counter. Definitely a concern of bacterial contamination. alit-broken screen door (they did come and fix it while we were there)
-dirty floor around the whirlpool tub
-broken bathroom fixtures
-broken lamp switch
-stained carpet
-lower quality furniture than in other rooms

I was staying with just my boys this time, and my parents, who are also BlueGreen owners, were camping locally. One day, they visited our suite, and were so appalled that my dad went straight to the front desk to complain. We pay maintenance fees every year - what are they doing with them?? Certainly not fixing THIS room!

That said, I have to say it was the first time I've stayed at Falls Village and had less than a wonderful room / time / trip. Hopefully this will not happen again, but if it should, straight to the front desk I go!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

102 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Branson, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We booked a 1 Bedroom on our second visit to the Falls Village Resort, and we had a wonderful time! It's super-convenient to all the shows, yet it has beautiful mountain views.
Our 1 bedroom was so spacious we could have bought all 4 kids, but only had two with us on this trip, others are at college. We all loved the free mini-golf and played every day The weather was nice and warm and the outdoor pool was still open at the very end of September, which was really perfect for us. We loved the hot tubs, both in our room and at the pool.
And our boys loved the clubhouse, they played pool for free while watching the big screen TV for a couple of hours while my husband and I read a book, a real luxury!
Our condo was so spacious, it really felt like a home. I especially appreciate how open the kitchen and dining area and living room are - no one needs to feel left out, and so much room to stretch out too!
Oh - I read some ot the other reviews, and not sure if it could have been at Falls Village, there is another place nearby with a simular name. Our resort had such helpful people, everyone was smiling and polite. And our Condo had it's own large hot water heater, so not sure how someone said they ran out, we used it for the giant hot tub in the master bedroom suite and then had plenty for hot showers. We also had nice luggage holders in the huge Master closet for our suitcases, everything we could possibly want.
We love going out to eat on vacation and there are some very good restaurants nearby. We did pick up some orange juice and some sandwhich makings to have on hand for when the guys get hungry (all the time!).
The first time we stayed at Falls Village we exchanged points from another time share and could only get their Studio. It was very nice, but not nearly as huge as the one bedroom we just stayed in. We could not believe the difference! I say spring for the 1 bedroom if you can get it.
We've also stayed in a pretty cabin at Big Cedar lodge which is a sister Bluegreen resort. Very nice there too, even larger pools, a lazy river and huge health club. But you have to drive to some things there and its nice to walk to everything at Falls Village. Can't go wrong with either one.

Room Tip: One bedrooms and two bedrooms are so Spacious - really your home away from home!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Van Buren, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

This is a good place to stay close to Branson strip without the noise. We have stayed here on three separate occasions, the staff is great the rooms are clean and quiet. This is a good place for the family, swimming and mini-golf Basketball, pool table and daily family crafts are available. If you have problems with stairs or carrying your luggage you can request a ground floor suite. .Here and Big Cedar are the only places we use in Branson.

Room Tip: Rooms by the club house will have a higher noise level, When you reserve a suite, ask for what you w...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Grand Junction, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Very disappointed that Falls Village in Branson was not a little more helpful when we had to change units mid stay.."Sure you can move a little early...that will be $89.99" I understand the need to move when your week is up, but no one is in the unit we are moving into tonight, does it really make a difference if we move 12 hours early???
The room was starting to show its age, The carpets were somewhat dirty and the kitchen counters scared by knife marks, the AC and Dishwasher horribly noisy. Staff was nice enough, but surly did not go out of their way to be accommodating. The hot tub was out of commission for the first 3 days and then they shut the pool down on the warmest day we were her. I would have to get a really good deal to stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I normally stay at Big Cedar. I wanted to try this place because it is closer to Branson activities. DO NOT GO THERE!!! We have accessibility issues and it is not up to standard. The parking space is not by my room...they have NO luggage carts. I had to wait for the "maintenance man" to help me unload my stuff. I cook all my meals there so I had lots of heavy groceries along with cooking utensils. Then, the hot water was only warm at best.They give you a jetted tub but you can't get the water hot. :( Then, the dishwasher wouldn't work AFTER I cooked a meal. Doors wont close and the tub is falling apart. There was a dirty pan ( used) inside the oven. The TV just turns itself off for no reason. There are no luggage tables to put yours suitcase on... Really? U get those at motel 6! lol... I will not be staying here again.

Room Tip: Don't do it! Go to Big Cedar instead!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Bowie, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

The effeciency rooms at this resort are small but cozy. The grounds are well kept and all the staff are very friendly. This is a nice resort off the strip and it is pleasantly quiet. The mini kitchen was stocked with everything you need. Will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Conway, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Very nice place - the rooms are very spacious - loved the open floorplans. Plenty of room in the kitchen to bring and store lots of food. Our kids enjoyed the nice little mini golf course, and playing shuffle board, and everything is centrally located around the clubhouse - so it was all there in one area. Pool area is nicle; however my kids had one complaint- the depth in both pools was only 4 feet. Not a problem for me - was great for cooling off while lounging by the pool, but they wanted to jump and dive, etc and got bored of the pool pretty quickly. There was an outdoor hottub next to the pool. No indoor hottub, but we used our in-room jacuzzi, which was a very nice one, located in the master BR. Now - here is the BEST part of the whole trip: We checked out of our unit and went to spend our last few hours at Silver Dollar City before heading home. As we were headed out of town, we realized that we had left behind an ipod touch in the room (we figured out that it had fallen down into the crack of the couch). My husband said we would never see it again - but I called the front desk, she took my number to call me back after checking with housekeeping. We decided to drive back to the resort to see if they would let us check ourselves, since we thought we knew what happened to it. Very pessimisticly, we entered the front lobby, began explaining our story ..... and the lady was grinning and very slowly lifted her hand .... holding my pink ipod!! Housekeeping had found it, and had actually returned it!! I was so very pround of that housekeeping lady at that point - she could have easily kept it herself, as it was worth several hundred dollars. Kudos to The Falls Village for having honest housekeeping staff. That is the best amenity ever!

Room Tip: Only a few of the buildings are close enough to walk to the pool/clubhouse area; however it is not a...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Falls Village Resort? Share your experiences!