We stayed at Still Waters Resort in early August. It was recommended to us by friends of my parents. Overall the service was poor to fair. I had called prior to arrival to ask if they would be willing to store my bags since we would be arriving prior to check-in, I was told no, they were not set up for that sort of thing. I cannot express how disappointed I was once we checked into our room. The surface areas (kitchen and bathrooms) were clean, however the carpet, tile, bedding and furniture were very filthy and old. I would like to add that prior to booking our condo we were told that it had been renovated. We were given old raveled towels for the bathrooms and old dish cloths for wash cloths in the bathroom. I have never seen dishes, appliances, soap, towels, mattresses, bedding so CHEAP. If we wanted different towels we had to walk to a towel exchange in another building on the property. Our room did not have a dryer like promised or any other items that were to be supplied by the resort. Upon leaving we were to have all dishes cleaned and trash emptied (per check-in form) otherwise we would have incurred additional charges.
The sliding back door to access the lake did not work. We also saw spiders and ants during our stay. My father woke up with spider bites after the second night.
As for the amenities, all units set close to the lake and options for boat slips was very nice. The cove is also very calm easily accessible. The pools and "grocery/grill" was a joke. They actually advertised on signs "fresh gourmet pizza". After I ordered my pizza, the girl behind the counter, confirmed my order while pulling my frozen pizza out of the wrapper and placing it straight into the oven!! The pools were the size of a backyard swimming pool except for the one in front of building J, which was still smaller than what was advertised on the website.
Upon check-out, I let them know my feelings about our stay. They apologized and told me they have better units but they are not allowed to educate their guests about the differences because they are obligated to their owners to advertise all units as the same. This was the worst hotel experience I have had and not just because of the room, but because of the false advertising, lack of full disclosure, and complete disregard for customer care.
I would like to add the price per night was only $70 less than Big Cedar Lodge, where I had stayed at the beginning part of our visit to Branson. Between amenities, rooms, customer service and property there is no comparison.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recommended by Better Homes & Gardens, Still Waters is your "complete destination resort" on beautiful Tablerock Lake. Just 2 miles from Silver Dollar City and close to all of Branson's shows. The resort features 1-4 bedroom deluxe condos, cottages and suites as well as 3 outdoor pools, hot tubs, kiddie pools and the New "Zume the Flume," a water slide adventure. Our new marina offers boat rentals, jet skis, bass boats and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Still Waters Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Still Waters Hotel Branson
- Still Water Condominium Resort