“Not at all as advertised” 1 of 5 stars

Still Waters Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   21 Stillwater Trail, Branson, MO 65616   |
Ranked #33 of 150 Hotels in Branson
Denver, CO
“Not at all as advertised”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2009

We stayed at Still Waters Resort in early August. It was recommended to us by friends of my parents. Overall the service was poor to fair. I had called prior to arrival to ask if they would be willing to store my bags since we would be arriving prior to check-in, I was told no, they were not set up for that sort of thing. I cannot express how disappointed I was once we checked into our room. The surface areas (kitchen and bathrooms) were clean, however the carpet, tile, bedding and furniture were very filthy and old. I would like to add that prior to booking our condo we were told that it had been renovated. We were given old raveled towels for the bathrooms and old dish cloths for wash cloths in the bathroom. I have never seen dishes, appliances, soap, towels, mattresses, bedding so CHEAP. If we wanted different towels we had to walk to a towel exchange in another building on the property. Our room did not have a dryer like promised or any other items that were to be supplied by the resort. Upon leaving we were to have all dishes cleaned and trash emptied (per check-in form) otherwise we would have incurred additional charges.
The sliding back door to access the lake did not work. We also saw spiders and ants during our stay. My father woke up with spider bites after the second night.
As for the amenities, all units set close to the lake and options for boat slips was very nice. The cove is also very calm easily accessible. The pools and "grocery/grill" was a joke. They actually advertised on signs "fresh gourmet pizza". After I ordered my pizza, the girl behind the counter, confirmed my order while pulling my frozen pizza out of the wrapper and placing it straight into the oven!! The pools were the size of a backyard swimming pool except for the one in front of building J, which was still smaller than what was advertised on the website.
Upon check-out, I let them know my feelings about our stay. They apologized and told me they have better units but they are not allowed to educate their guests about the differences because they are obligated to their owners to advertise all units as the same. This was the worst hotel experience I have had and not just because of the room, but because of the false advertising, lack of full disclosure, and complete disregard for customer care.
I would like to add the price per night was only $70 less than Big Cedar Lodge, where I had stayed at the beginning part of our visit to Branson. Between amenities, rooms, customer service and property there is no comparison.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2009

We were there with my brother and his family in June 2009 We are from California and I'm going to tell you we have Never been to such a wonderful resort, from the Condo,the confortable beds, plenty of space, the three pools, the game room, to the people on staff it was the BEST. My brother is lucky to own a timeshare at Stillwater. It surely the best in the Midwest. We are going to try and return in 2010. Looking forward to it. What a heavenly place.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2009

We stayed here because we thought it would be a great place where our 6 month old and 11 year old could have something to do. The pictures of the pool are not what the pool really looks like, much smaller. My baby loved the 0 entry pool, but not a whole lot to do for the 11 year old. The pool with the slide is not very big at all, neither is the 3rd pool. And, we went in the beginning of June and the water was FREEZING! If you are booking this place just for the pools, don't.

The room was really nice. We book the "hotel style" room and it was a lot nicer than I planned. However, we were given a joint room and the people next to us were very loud. The only down fall was no room service and we really needed that with a baby who is crawling. Having the floor vacuumed would have been nice, especially since we were there 4 days. We saw some of the larger rooms, and they looked great!

The location was nice if you didn't want to go downtown, however if you do, plan wisely. We didn't and it felt like we spent more time driving.

We are planning another trip there next year. Not really sure if we will stay here, but we might. I guess it depends if we go early in the summer or not!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2009

We took a family vacation to Branson. The first 2 nights we stayed in town and enjoyed are hotel very much. We spent the next 3 nights in Still Waters Resort and were dissappointed. The room wasn't as clean as I thought it should be for 299 dollars a night. The toilets didn't seem clean and so I lysoled them myself. There were a couple of dead flies in my husbands and my bathroom and there were ants. The beds were hard as a rock. All of my kids complained(13, 9 and 7) of the beds. I had called a couple of days after making my reservation to make sure that I was getting a renovated room. The gentlemen assured me that I was, however, by the cracks in the bathroom tiles and the cobwebs in the corners I knew that this wasn't one of them.
We did enjoy the marina with the jet ski and boat rentals.
I want to warn parents with little kids that there is no sand beach. The beach consists of little rocks and stepping into the water is dangerous- there are large flat rocks with jagged edges and you have to be careful! I recommend water shoes.
They advertise 3 pools. We drove by the one pool with the waterfalls and it is a lot smaller than the pictures make it seem. It isn't very deep either. 0 depth entry. Great for toddlers, but not for my kids who are excellent swimmers. The second pool had a great slide that we all enjoyed but the pool itself is tiny. We didn't look for the 3rd pool and so I can't comment on it.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Paris, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2009

Island oasis was beautiful and had a lifeguard on duty. The Zoom the Flume (water slide) was actually where the lifeguard was needed, but there was not one there. The condo was nothing special, but was comfortable, roomy and clean. The condo only provided 1 trash bag, 1 roll of toilet paper and 1 roll of paper towels per stay, so take extra depending on your length of stay. Take your own shampoo, soap, etc.. as well. The kitchen was very poorly equipped-not even potholders were in the kitchen. Free kayaks, free paddleboats. We had a ton of fun renting a boat one day.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
St. Louis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2009

Ok, so Branson was not my first choice for a family vacation. However, we had a really busy summer and just wanted to get away for a long weekend with our 2 young children. After doing some research and checking reviews I finally decided to book a stay at Still Waters. I only booked a 3 night stay just in case I wasn't crazy about the place. Boy, was I kicking myself in the butt!! My kids cried because we had to leave. My 8 y/o was begging to stay. This place is AWESOME and we are already planning our trip for next year but next time we will stay the whole week instead of just a few days. There are so many things to do. Having the lake right there was a HUGE perk and my kids loved doing all the FREE, yes FREE, amentities they had available. I was a little nervous before we checked in b/c we had booked the cheapest room possible, the "hotel room." Well, let me just say that I have never stayed some place where the actual room looked better than the pictures on their site! I was really happy with our room and it was great for us. And by the way, check in was a breeze. We had called ahead to ask if we could swim in the pools prior to check in (since check in is 4pm) and they said that was no problem but then when we got there at 1pm, our room was ready and they let us check right in. It was great! And the hotel rooms are really close to everything. We were right across from the playground and two of the pools were just a few yards away. The walls are thin, so we did hear a lot of noise from other guests but nothing terrible and certainly nothing to complain about. We have a very loud two year old so I'm sure they heard us as well. We loved it and I have a hard to please hubby and even he can't wait to go back. The staff was super nice and everyone was very helpful. I could go on and on about this place! If you are deciding whether or not to book at Still Waters, DO IT...you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2009

What a wonderful place to stay! The lake was beautiful, and my teenagers had the best time tubing (we rented a boat for the day), the free kayaks and paddle boats. Our condo was very nice, with a view of the marina. After seeing other rooms in other buildings, thought that Buildings I, J & K were the best. Didn't need to go into Branson at all, we were so pleased with where we were staying. Great for a family reunion.

Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Been to Still Waters Resort? Share your experiences!