“Fine if you don't mind noise” 3 of 5 stars

Still Waters Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   21 Stillwater Trail, Branson, MO 65616   |
Ranked #32 of 150 Hotels in Branson
Kansas City, Missouri
“Fine if you don't mind noise”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I really wanted to like this place, all the reviews raved about it; and it probably works under certain circumstances. If you want a room close to Silver Dollar City, don't mind being in a huge complex,can tolerate paper-thin walls in the condo, then the Stillwaters Resort is just fine. Perhaps this place was the wrong choice for a middle-aged couple just wanting to enjoy the lake, or perhaps it was just an "off" day, or perhaps it was because we used a Groupon and were given a lesser-qaulity room, but irregardless of the reasons; from our first steps onto the property, there was a series of events which left us with a bad taste in our mouths. I was let down because the phone calls to Stillwaters prior to arrival gave me the impression that this would be a friendly and compfortable place. We arrived in late evening, around 10 pm and were met by a front desk employee ("L" ) with the greeting "Name?". This desk greeter appeared to be addressing guests with indifference and in a tone reminiscent of one working on an assembly line, as he shuffled through a list of papers of late-arrivers. I recall this indiffernce with statements such as "Park here...you must wear these wrist bands when...etc.". He concluded with "What color rose do you want?" I don't know if they routinely hand roses to women or if it was a special gesture for Mother's Day, no explanation. After I thanked him for the truely beautiful white rose he reminded us that check out is at 10 am promptly.. Ok, so maybe it's a long day and maybe it's my fault for checking in at 10 pm (office closes at 11), it's got to get better, right? My husband and I find our condo room in the sprawling complex. It is adequately appointed, but nothing really special. The most prominent feature of the condo was the astonishing lack of noise insulation. The guests in the floor above us seemed to be enjoying some sort of dancing. We could hear jumping and running the length of the room. A call placed to the front desk at 10:40 pm assured me that management would call the offending room and ask for quiet. The quiet lasted about 10 minutes before the running and jumping began again and even escalated. Another phone call was placed (now almost 11 pm) and I was told "that the groups' sponsor would be called". The noise did lessen when we heard the doorbell from the floor above us ring. This suggests to me that the builder must have skimped on noise-insulating materials. The next morning we could hear the folks above us moving about, and kid you not, could even hear their screen door open as they walked onto their balcony.
Aditionally, a written request from the managament was that guests throw out their own trash and vacuum the floors. I don't have an issue with tidying up my space. I am questioning how closely the housekeeping staff looks at each unit as they clean in between guests. This is because there was a large plastic potted plant in the condo that had an assortment of refuse tucked in between the leaves (napkins, strips of plastic, etc.). That photo is attached. The next morning while walking about the property it looked nice, a lovely marina, inviting swimming pools, lots of family with kids. After considereing the pros amd cons and specifically the noise level from the surrounding condos , we decided to check out from our two-day reservation early. With so many other fantastic places to choose in the Branson area, why stay there? For a few dollars more we stayed at Big Cedar Lodge where we had fantastic service, supreme lodging and, best of all,...quiet.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Keystone, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I found Stillwater Resort on Groupon and thought I would purchase the vacation for my mother’s birthday present. Once we got to the resort (located right on Table Rock Lake) we were greeted by a very friendly nice man that told us a lot of information about the area and resort. When we located our unit were amazed at how clean and big it was. It had 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms with a beautiful view of the lake and the docks. We spent one whole day on the docks fishing and the dock worker was friendly and even helpful with our kid on finding the best spot to fish and which bait they were biting. We had the unit for 2 nights and I wish I had booked it for a full week. It was very relaxing and a great get away for the family. I would recommend this resort to anyone looking to go to the Branson area for a vacation. When it was time to check out the person working that morning was also extremely friendly and wanted to make sure we have a wonderful stay and invited us to come back to the resort again. It had a playground with a basketball court, volley ball court and 2 pools. The kid loved the arcade and wanted to spend all his time either there or fishing.

Room Tip: We were in building J which all of the building overlook the lake!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Barling, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I'm a very picky traveler. My husband and I haven't gone on a vacation in over 6 years so I wanted to make sure we this one was memorable. I researched a lot of hotels in Branson before deciding on this one. I was put off a little at first, because of the bad reviews I was running across, but I'm definitely glad we stayed here. We arrived in Branson two hours earlier than our check in time. I figured we would have to sit in the parking lot and wait on 4pm to check in. Luckily for us, we got in right before the season picked up and they allowed us to check in early. The lady at the office was very welcoming, informative and gracious. They offered us cookies, a map of the resort, and tons of information on what all we could do during our stay.When we arrived at our room (1B/1B Condo w/fire place and jacuzi tub) I was amazed! As a property manager by profession, I'm always cautious and looking for the little dirty things that tend to hide in rentals. I was impressed by how clean, cozy and beautiful the room was! My only complaint was I wish we had more time to spend on the resort grounds. They offer free bikes, swimming, canoe, kayak and boat rentals. With just two days, we didn't have near enough time to enjoy the resort perks because we were too busy at SDC and shopping down on 76. I have recommended my co-workers to stay there and they have already booked there trip. Still Waters is the only place we will stay at from now on when we go to Branson!

Room Tip: Stayed in Building H the 1B/1B w/jacuzi tub and fireplace. Great view of the Lake! No road noise.
Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

My wife and I had plans to get away to Branson and go to silver dollar city this last weekend so we chose Still Waters which is very close. We had been there before in the summer but we saw a Groupon Deal so we jumped at the chance to go. The weather was hideous and it rained all day Friday and Saturday. Our unit was nice and clean -- nothing special but still a great value for the price we paid. The check in person Brenda was very pleasant and made several suggestions on what to in Branson do if it kept raining. I had some concerns about the internet, but the wireless internet worked just perfectly after we got the log-in and password. We ended up getting a pizza and subs from the Still Waters Market and sitting in front of the fireplace being lazy for most of our stay.

Skokie, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

hadn't been to Branson. didn't know what to expect. was pleasantly surprised and pleased at cleanliness, style and layout of resort. was very comfortable. everyone encountered friendly. drive to main strip kind of inconvenient but was an adventure..overall enjoyed resort grounds and experience. everything was pretty orderly. watch out for time share bombardments....

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

This is a family lake resort. Do not expect amenities like Kleenex and shampoo or daily maid service. It is like most condo rentals in the area which require you to bring your own and take out your trash.

All of that said we had a great time despite less than great weather. The paddle boats were fun and we loved the hot tub.

I have stayed here once before and it seems room selection is key. Our unit 444 top floor of j building was very nice and updated. The furniture does show some wear. Buildings I j and k all face the lake but j has a less tree obsecured view.

I had a groupon for two nights that made a three bedroom unit $150 a night. If I had paid the advertised price of $270-500 I would have been really disappointed. For the price we paid I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013
maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

My family 7 total including two kids (3,4) stayed here in March. Resort was very okay but the pull out sofa was so uncomfortable. As most other reviews have said, this place is very close to Silver dollar city but not so for other attractions. It was not fun to drive back there after dark from all the other attractions in Branson. The roads are very narrow, very very hilly and winding. You have to drive very very carefully especially at night or on rainy days. We did not use any of the amenities so I can not comment on that. My family felt our unit was clean & it wbeacon the most part. We stayed in building J. Note that some buildings do not have elevators which maybe important to you. all in all not too bad, but I will not stay here again ... Way too far out & oh! You have to leave the unit the way you met it and take your trash downstairs or risk a $250 charge. I usually like to leave hotel rooms clean but I felt this was a little too much

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Still Waters Resort? Share your experiences!