I really wanted to like this place, all the reviews raved about it; and it probably works under certain circumstances. If you want a room close to Silver Dollar City, don't mind being in a huge complex,can tolerate paper-thin walls in the condo, then the Stillwaters Resort is just fine. Perhaps this place was the wrong choice for a middle-aged couple just wanting to enjoy the lake, or perhaps it was just an "off" day, or perhaps it was because we used a Groupon and were given a lesser-qaulity room, but irregardless of the reasons; from our first steps onto the property, there was a series of events which left us with a bad taste in our mouths. I was let down because the phone calls to Stillwaters prior to arrival gave me the impression that this would be a friendly and compfortable place. We arrived in late evening, around 10 pm and were met by a front desk employee ("L" ) with the greeting "Name?". This desk greeter appeared to be addressing guests with indifference and in a tone reminiscent of one working on an assembly line, as he shuffled through a list of papers of late-arrivers. I recall this indiffernce with statements such as "Park here...you must wear these wrist bands when...etc.". He concluded with "What color rose do you want?" I don't know if they routinely hand roses to women or if it was a special gesture for Mother's Day, no explanation. After I thanked him for the truely beautiful white rose he reminded us that check out is at 10 am promptly.. Ok, so maybe it's a long day and maybe it's my fault for checking in at 10 pm (office closes at 11), it's got to get better, right? My husband and I find our condo room in the sprawling complex. It is adequately appointed, but nothing really special. The most prominent feature of the condo was the astonishing lack of noise insulation. The guests in the floor above us seemed to be enjoying some sort of dancing. We could hear jumping and running the length of the room. A call placed to the front desk at 10:40 pm assured me that management would call the offending room and ask for quiet. The quiet lasted about 10 minutes before the running and jumping began again and even escalated. Another phone call was placed (now almost 11 pm) and I was told "that the groups' sponsor would be called". The noise did lessen when we heard the doorbell from the floor above us ring. This suggests to me that the builder must have skimped on noise-insulating materials. The next morning we could hear the folks above us moving about, and kid you not, could even hear their screen door open as they walked onto their balcony.
Aditionally, a written request from the managament was that guests throw out their own trash and vacuum the floors. I don't have an issue with tidying up my space. I am questioning how closely the housekeeping staff looks at each unit as they clean in between guests. This is because there was a large plastic potted plant in the condo that had an assortment of refuse tucked in between the leaves (napkins, strips of plastic, etc.). That photo is attached. The next morning while walking about the property it looked nice, a lovely marina, inviting swimming pools, lots of family with kids. After considereing the pros amd cons and specifically the noise level from the surrounding condos , we decided to check out from our two-day reservation early. With so many other fantastic places to choose in the Branson area, why stay there? For a few dollars more we stayed at Big Cedar Lodge where we had fantastic service, supreme lodging and, best of all,...quiet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recommended by Better Homes & Gardens, Still Waters is your "complete destination resort" on beautiful Tablerock Lake. Just 2 miles from Silver Dollar City and close to all of Branson's shows. The resort features 1-4 bedroom deluxe condos, cottages and suites as well as 3 outdoor pools, hot tubs, kiddie pools and the New "Zume the Flume," a water slide adventure. Our new marina offers boat rentals, jet skis, bass boats and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Still Waters Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Still Waters Hotel Branson
- Still Water Condominium Resort