“Not our favorite place but not terrible” 3 of 5 stars

Still Waters Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   21 Stillwater Trail, Branson, MO 65616   |
Ranked #33 of 150 Hotels in Branson
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Not our favorite place but not terrible”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We go to Branson every year for a girls shopping trip and this was our first stay at Still Waters Resort. For a 2 bedroom luxury lakefront condo, I expected luxury, or at least updated furnishings. Our room was not updated and looked old and tired. The couches were saggy and the kitchen looked 20 years old. They told us they save the updated rooms for the timeshare people and owners. It did seem clean and the towels were nice and fluffy. We normally stay at Hunter's Friend Resort condos further down on Indian Point and next time we will spend the extra money for the nicer, newer and bigger condos. The pros at Still Waters were that the people were very friendly and helpful and they do have nice amenities if that's what you are looking for. The view from the balcony was nice and having a fireplace was nice also. Overall, I thought it was overpriced for what you get.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Lafayette, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

My husband and I booked a condo here for the week of Thanksgiving. We had an awesome experience. Before leaving for the vacation we realized we would be there a night early. We called and spoke to Tabatha. She was so wonderful and so accommodating, we almost felt like we were family by the time I got off the phone. When we arrived, Tabatha greeted us and helped us out so much. We were supposed to stay in one condo for one night and then another condo for the rest of the time. She spoke to her boss and by the time were about to leave they set us up in the same condo for the entire week so that we didn't have to move. Tabatha was awesome and she set us up in a wonderful condo overlooking the lake. One morning we had about 10 new visitors on our back porch. They were Canadian geese and they would come up to us and take bread out of our hands. We know we are coming back to this resort in the early summer and when we asked Tabatha if we could just see a three bedroom to see if we would have enough room, she helped us out in that also. I know that when I call here to book a room again, it will be like talking to family. Can't wait to see you guys soon!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hot Springs, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We had such a great trip to Still Waters. It is way off the beaten path beyond Silver Dollar City. We had to get our "doings" done in town but when we got back to our condo, we had a beautiful view of Lake Taneycomo, the stars and the resort. We loved hiking and riding the bikes. It was fun in winter but we want to find out what it's like in summer, too! You'll be glad you stayed there!

Room Tip: Rent a 3 br condo so you can stay on top. We heard snoring next door and little feet above.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Every year we come to Branson for Christmas lights. We always stay at Stillwaters bscause of the location and how clean the rooms are. They are off the Branson strip with a great location on the lake. Also makes getting in and out of Silver Dollar City very easy.

• Stayed November 2012
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We've stayed here several times, spanning pretty much all seasons. Our favorite, by far, is to stay here for a weekend during the Christmas season. We go just down the road to Silver Dollar City, where they've got millions (literally) of lights, hot chocolate, hot apple dumplings, carolling, great craftsmen, fun rides, and great shopping. When Silver Dollar City lets out for the night, you don't have to follow that huge crush of traffic back to Branson, but instead, just go about a mile in the opposite direction of all those cars, and you're at Still Waters. Then, pop some popcorn, put on your pj's, pop in a Christmas DVD, and just enjoy! We've stayed in most areas of the resort, and have never been disappointed. All but once we've had a water view, and it's so nice to sit out on the balcony and enjoy the lake and all the trees. The front desk is helpful, and that attitude carries throughout the entire staff. Give Still Waters a try, and I assure you that you'll want to return!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Normal, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We had a 2 night stay at Stillwater Resort for my husbands birthday. The resort itself is in a pretty nice location. It must be on a peninsula because all the buildings had a water view. There are multiple docks and a marina. The marina is for guests only and has good rates on boats. We rented a pontoon boat for the afternoon and it was great. The boat itself was really nice and Table Rock Lake is gorgeous! We stayed 10/19-10/21. We called for an early check in, but were told that the resort was full so it would not be possible. If the resort actually was full, it didn't feel it. We hardly ever saw anyone else and in my mind that is a good thing. It was too cool outside to enjoy the pool, but we went to check it out and it looked great. There were "beds" around the pool and hammocks up above the pool on the hill. There was also a hot tub. Our room was a premium 2 bedroom lakefront. I was using a groupon so it was a great deal. The room was very nice and updated. New cabinets and granite counter tops. The master had a large jacuzzi tub. The only problem with the room was that at night the bathroom smelled of smoke. The room was non-smoking, but the one below it must not have been. It was a little gross, but we just shut the bathroom doors. There was a minor issue with the reservation which is why they are getting a 4 instead of 5. I made my reservation at the beginning of August once I purchased the groupon. I called to confirm a few days before the trip and was told that my reservation was for a 1 bedroom. That was not going to work since my brother and sister in law and their baby were coming with. When I advised the hotel of the problem, I was originally told there were no 2 bedrooms available. They did eventually "find" me a 2 bedroom condo for the weekend. Apparently there were none of the groupon rooms, but they gave me another. In the end, they made it right, but it was very stressful until they called me back and told me we would indeed have a room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
St. Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

My wife and I took a little getaway after running in the Bass Pro Marathon. We checked in on a Sunday afternoon and the front desk/office people were just amazing to deal with. They were so nice and sweet and helped us in anyway that they could. We got our keys and went to the condo. The condo was a one bedroom with a fireplace that overlooked the lake. My wife and I were in amazement of this place. We loved this and the entire atmosphere. The condo was gorgeous and very comfy. We had a minor issue getting the fire to light but the maintenance man was there within 5 minutes to get it all fixed. We truly enjoyed seeing the leaves changing and just being able to relax with each other in such a peaceful setting. We have made a promise to return each year to this property so that we can start a little getaway tradition.

Room Tip: We were in the "K" building in a end room (247) and it was a perfect room!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Still Waters Resort? Share your experiences!