“AWSUM!!!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #58 of 150 Hotels in Branson
Carterville, Missouri, United States
“AWSUM!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Recently stayed at this resort past weekend. This was a Valentines get-away. Upon arrival, was informed that I had been upgraded to a suite at same rate. (YES). The room was especially nice. Roomy layout with two TV's and a SUPER comfy King bed. Staff was very friendly and courteous. The concierge was a big help in booking the shows we watched. Price is well worth the stay. If I was to say anything more, PLEASE install a TV in the Bathroom, the speaker just kept me looking at it.

Room Tip: Lake-view, defiantly.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Beautiful hotel , lake and scenery was beautiful. It was cloudy, cold and dreary but the hotel was beautiful despite. The room was awesome, balcony with a beautiful view over the lake. Staff was friendly and accommodating, hotel was beautifully decorated and the New Years firework show was spectacular!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
chateauonthelake, General Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Dear issang:

Thank you for choosing to bring in the New Year with us and for taking the time to write a review.
It is always nice hearing from our guests for it is your feedback that is so important to us. It was
a pleasure having you as our guests and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Chateau in the not too distant future.

Regards,

Stephen Marshall
Vice President & General Manager
Ozark, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

My family and I stayed last weekend for two nights at the Chateau. The room was clean and very comfortable. The staff was very friendly and truly made our stay relaxing and pleasant! The pool was a nice size and had a large hot tub that many can fit in. The hotel was generally a quiet atmosphere and we really had a great time!

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view - it is amazing! The room has a balcony too!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

It is a very beautiful resort. The rooms are very nice. The beds are very comfortable. The staff are very friendly. The view is wonderful. There are several places to just sit and visit. The restaraunt was very good. We would definitely recommend.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
O'Fallon, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for a great retreat, with fitness, tennis, swimming, hiking, scenic views of a lake and hills, and access to Branson, this is the place. Expect to pay a hefty price for these amenities though. It may be worth it though if you are looking to escape the strip.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Wichita, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Booked this resort(first time)and through a groupon and had called the resort in advance to ensure they had the type of room we payed for with the groupon discount. Gave the voucher over the phone and was all set. This was to be a special time away with my kids at Christmas and just time together. Quiet time. Quality time together. The voucher was also stated to come with a credit amount that could be used on any service throughout the resort as well. I called on the same day I purchased the groupon to inquire only at the hotel on their spa services and was transferred to the spa desk. I spoke with a cs agent at the spa and again inquiring spa pricing and ended my call. Upon arrival to the resort I was asked for my groupon code again. I had to fumble through my phone to gather that same info again that I had previous given via phone plus email. I had a confirmation but still asked for by front desk. I gave the approval code and was then told my charges would ONLY be for state taxes at end of my stay. Roughly quoted $20.00 Gave them my personal visa check card and at the end of checkout I was shocked to see my billing upon arriving back home. (The bill received under resort door had only the room taxes on it so no surprise there) it was much different however upon arriving back home!... It was Christmas time. New years eve. I called resort and was explained it was an error on an extra night stay and that it would be looked into and then was promised a return call. I waited patiently and had heard nothing. I called several days later and was passed on to several different people throughout the resort. What happens next is just an out landish story! I was told the charges were now spa charges and that they have me booked for spa and that per policy I would be charged regardless if I had received them or not. I complained of course because the only spa thing I did was back the day I called to book my room. I inquired only. No booking of any sort was done on my part. So to say the least this entire experience was a horrible one. Very unprofessional. Very unorganized and very unwilling and uncooperative in helping me. I have these charges for almost $300 in "spa"fees and never received my voucher credit amount that was to go towards food because we ordered food to the room which was charged and tipped twice! For kids nuggets and a small pizza my thoughts were only this ..way over charged and not worthy of $65!! The issue is not the amount for their food, but however how they charge you and or make up charges well at least in my experience. I am to this date still awaiting a response a answer in their findings! I have filled out a dispute on these charges and an investigation is being done. The resort itself was OK. The cleanliness was good. The room was a tad bit small for the pricing. We did have one of what was to be a better room too. Ambassador suite. The layout was a small sofa that pulled out to a bed and a seperate bedroom. One bath. Oh yes, also beware if your small child accidental hit a button on remote ..you'll be charged $17.99 for a movie. I did call immediately to desk and was told not to worry and that could be taken off my billing. It was not in the end either!! Too many things wrong here. I wanted to love this resort. Really I did but it seems somewhere the communication and the way they run this businesses is at very least immoral and very wrong. I will never stay again. I have learned a very invaluable lesson. Lost faith in trust handing over my personal check card that was racked up numerous charges and then bank charges because I was unaware and it was a holiday. My deposit was delayed so I encured bank charges and now I'm the customer with the sob story and out $600!! Just a horrid experience and I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. It has been super frustrated.still trying to have this resolved and weeks later. I'd just be Leary on standards and intrusting my money to such a disaster. Right is right and wrong is wrong. I've not been pleased in any way how they are choosing to handle this. Again very uncoordinated and uncooperative.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear love2travel2thebeach:

It is very important for us to receive and we welcome, feedback from our guests through whatever medium they may choose. We pride ourselves in providing excellence in service and in meeting if not exceeding the expectations of our guests. There are times when we may fail to do so and we try to resolve any and all issues that maybe brought to our attention at the time it happens. Judging from your review it appears your experience was one of those times when we failed to meet ones expectations. If given the opportunity, I will make every attempt to resolve the issues you had during your most recent stay and I am quite sure Groupon would do the same. Please know your call is always welcome.

Stephen Marshall
Vice President & General Manager
Kansas City, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

My wife and I checked in at the Chateau on the Friday following Christmas. We spent three wonderful days there; and it was a memorable weekend. The staff was courteous, friendly, and very helpful.The breakfast buffet, was exellent,and reasonable. The hotel was still decorated for Christmas,which was a plus.They even had a Santa sliding down a rope in the courtyard (nine stories high).We had always wanted to stay there, and this was certainly a treat.We will certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the ninth floor facing the lake.What a view even though it was Winter.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!