“Great place” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Resort   |   415 North State Highway 265, Branson, MO 65616   |
Ranked #49 of 159 hotels in Branson
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

Stayed two nights here. Great experience as always. Love the Christmas decorations and the beautiful gingerbread houses made by the hotel chefs. Staff is always first rate as is the hotel. Great place to relax and enjoy the Ozarks.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

574 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
Rogers, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We stayed here over Thanksgiving and were a little bit wary due to the mixed reviews. Some of the reviews call the hotel old but this hotel is only about 25 years old. I know some people will kill me for this but it is way newer than the Waldorf or the Intercontinental (which I stayed at both) and in my opinion this hotel is every bit as nice. The rooms were big, the furnishingings were luxurious, the views are spectacular. The library room is phenomenal and the bartender makes perfect cocktails- we spent alot of time in this room:) but the real kicker for us was the service. EVERYONE went above and beyond. The valet parking cannot be more convenient and speedy. The food was very good but I will tell you a story that will make me want to stay here all of the time. This hotel takes pets and we brought our two little dogs. We were out shopping on black friday and the hotel called as another guest had complained about our dogs barking. This is unusual for our dogs to bark but there was alot of people staying in the hotel over thanksgiving so maybe they were just excited. Whatever the reason, I asked them to go check on them and maybe turn the tv on and shut the blinds as I thought this would settle them down. In about ten minutes my phone rang again and it was the concierge saying that they could not get them to stop barking so they just brought them down to the office!! When we arrived back later on that evening the woman in the front offices had walked them, talked to them, petted them, etc. I just cannot get over how good the hotel was to my dogs. They could have been really hateful over the situation but instead they were 100% customer centric in their approach to the problem. I highly recommend staying here and I will always when I visit the area! Thanks again to the Chateau and the staff for making my thanksgiving so wonderful.

Room Tip: third floor is for the pets.
Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I stayed at this hotel with my family over the Thanksgiving Holiday. I was very dissapointed. The hotel bills itself as a fine hotel but the service is far below even a mediocre standard. The staff had so many failings I cannot list them all but here are a few: failure to open the door when you approach with bags, failure to move out of your way when you are walking (remarkable really - they just hold their ground and make you stop or work around them while they pass by), failure to include sheets and pillows for the pull out bed in my suite, failure to attend to the hot tub which was always too cold, failure to include all food ordered in my room service orders, failure to keep the informal restaurant open during the Thanksgiving brunch (couldn't even purchase a sandwich in the bar that day), failure to include regular coffee in the room (had decaf only - maid never corrected), the chef at breakfast consistently overcooked eggs and omeletes (every morning), overall failure to even try to show they are in the business of serving the hotel guests. Beyond the poor staff, the bed was extremely uncomfortable. The lumpy mattress had to be original to the hotel and was completely worn out.

On the brighter side of things, the hotel was very well decorated for the holiday. But, the appearance did not make up for the really poor service. If you are in the area you should stay at the Hilton at Branson Landing or Big Cedar Lodge. Big Cedar is not a hotel but its staff is far more accomodating than the Chateau and the amenities are far superior. I would not recommend statying at the Chateau and I will not be going back.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
chateauonthelake, General Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dear TravelerBeyond UK:

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments following your most recent stay. Based on your experiences it is obvious we failed your expectations at all service levels. Please know this is certainly not in keeping with our own service standards. Your feedback is appreciated and it will be shared with all respective departments. In turn corrective measures will be taken, with the hope that a repeat occurrence does not take place in the future.
Please accept our sincere apologies and I am hoping we will be given another opportunity in the near future, to make amends for our shortcomings.

Stephen Marshall
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

My husband and I celebrated our 23 wedding anniversary at the Chateau on the Lake. What a beautiful hotel it is! Our room was spacious, clean and the decor was elegant. We had a balcony overlooking the lake which was just beautiful! They decorated for Christmas while we were there and that was quite a treat! We highly recommend this hotel and hope to return some day soon!

Room Tip: Try the avacado fries...they were awesome!
Bryant, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

My wife and I spent the weekend in Branson and stay at the Chateau on the Lake Resort. Excellent staff and great rooms with views of Table Rock Lake. Great place to stay to avoid all the hustle and bustle of the downtown Branson crowds.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with balcony and lake view.
Lees Summit
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Chateau for a couple nights while attending a conference in Branson. Overall, the hotel is beautiful, well kept, in a great location, etc. etc. The front desk staff was welcoming. The elevator are quick (glass elevators are always fun). The Christmas decor was nice, tasteful and not over done.

I will say that the room neither of the keys (mine or my wife's) worked well in the lock. We were struggling with them when a bellman came by. He told us we had to put it in and pull it out fast (which sometimes worked and sometimes did not).
Our room was somewhat noisy as we were above the cooling fans and receiving dock (on the North side). I should have known better (other reviews below mention this).
Also, wifi was not included in the room rate (this seems to be more and more typical of upper tier hotels. I happen to think it is ridiculous. $10/day per device, FYI

We might stay here again but it is unlikely unless it is part of a conference or group.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the North side, especially on lower floors (noisy)
Shawneetown, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We have stayed at the Chateau the past two years and I can't say anything but good about it. The rooms were lovely, baths were clean, scenery was beautiful from the balcony, and the staff were
all pleasant and helpful, even opening the gift shop early for us last year as we were leaving early.
The hotel is decorated beautifully during the Christmas season. A very enjoyable stay, and we will
probably return next year.

Room Tip: Rooms looking out toward the lake are great.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!