“Beautiful hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Arkansas
“Beautiful hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Great location on Table Rock Lake, comfortable beds, a relaxing bar, and a beautiful sunset view from the deck. A perfect hideway for a quite weekend. However, near the hustle and bustle of downtown Branson, if you want to venture out.

• Stayed November 2012
chateauonthelake, General Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for your kind words it is very much appreciated and we do look forward to being at your service in the very near future, once again.

Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
oklahoma city
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We stayed at this hotel in October 2012 along with some friends. The property sits above Tablerock Lake and has a nice view. Inside it is much like a Radisson or Doubletree, built around an open center. The common areas are nice enough and the doormen are exceptionally nice.
Unfortunately both our room and our friend room were dirty. There was sticky dust on the wall all around the air return vent, the room seemed damp and the bath tun was not clean. Our friend's room was in pretty much the same condition except it also had a dirty toilet. Overall, the rooms are very dated and the bathrooms are in need of an update. We had a one-bedroom suite, which is the best available other than the presidential suite and found it disappointing.
After staying one night of a three night reservation we decided to check out and move to another hotel. I had booked my room through hotels.com but spoke to the room manager on site anyways. She was friendly and helpful and stated that the policy was to charge a one-night cancellation fee. In light of the issues, she said she would try to get that charge waived for one room, but that I would have to speak with hotels.com. Long story short, three weeks later and 4 calls to hotels.com I find out that Chateau has completely changed their story and have told hotels.com that they are charging a full three nights for each room, contrary to the policy stated by the room manager. After contacting a hotels.com customer service manager she was finally able to get them to waive one night for one room. Unbelieveable! We paid three nights for a one-night stay in a sub-standard room, and two nights for a one night stay for our friends room.
We will not ever stay at this property again. Even if the rooms are updated, it's clear they have a "the customer is always wrong policy." I would suggest staying at Big Cedar instead, or if you want to stay near downtown go to the Hilton, rooms are nice and clean and the restaurant is great.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
It is always appreciated when our guests take the time to share their comments with us following their stay. It is understatement to say the least based on your feedback, that we certainly did not meet your expectations. In a forum such as this, at the stage, all I can do is to apologize for our shortcomings and to let you know that what you and your friend experienced is not in keeping with our own standards. Please know that you are welcome to contact me directly whereby allowing me the opportunity to discuss the billing issues you mentioned in your review and the other issues you had. I will do my very best, to solve this matter to an amicable solution.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

The property is situated beautifully above table rock lake. The rooms were clean, and the service good. The outdoor pool is large and has a nice view of the lake. Our kids enjoyed the free movie and popcorn in the theatre. We were really looking forward to using the paddleboats in the marina, but it was closed during our stay for a wakeboarding competition.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
chateauonthelake, General Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
As always we are very grateful when our guests take the time write a review. It is feedback such as yours that is most welcome, for it allows us the opportunity to improve our product and services. Hopefully we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Chateau in the very near future, if and when your travels bring you to Branson once again.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I learned about the Chateau on the Lake from a SniqueAway email. The timing of the email was perfect as we were planning a visit to Branson. We got an excellent king bed room with a lake view at a good price - about $60 less than the best price on the hotel's web site. The location was excellent, about a ten minute drive from the heart of Branson.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
I am pleased to know that your stay was a pleasant one and your kind words about our resort is much appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Chateau in the not too distant future.

Rogers, Arkansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

My family and I enjoy Chateau on the Lake at Christmas time. The service is excellant, they even put cold water in you car when you valet park. They decorate for Christmas and had ginger bread houses. The kids enjoy the decoration and the koi pond. It is not far from Silver Dollar City or the Branson strip. The suites and rooms are very comfortable and we enjoy the balcony overlooking Table Rock.

Room Tip: Get a suite on the lake side. It is more than worth the cost.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Please know we very much appreciate your recommendation of our resort, amenities and services. It goes without saying your patronage of the Chateau will never be taken for granted and we will continue to strive for excellence in service for all of our guests.

Sandusky, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

My husband and I spent three nights in Sept at this beautiful resort. We were able to find discounted rooms online and although we had a room without a view or balcony, we thoroughly enjoyed our trip. This resort is located about ten minutes from the Branson strip and located amid the beauty of Table Rock Lake. We enjoyed daily hikes, toured the Table Rock Dam, rode the Ducks the first day to get the lay of the land and evening shows.
The pools were lovely, and the waterfall through the Atrium was so calming.
So glad we splurged a bit to stay here rather than on the strip.
Lovely Resort, it was like driving back to a castle every time we left the grounds!

Room Tip: Next visit, we will spend the extra money to get a room with a view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
chateauonthelake, General Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Please know that it is much appreciated for taking the time to write a review following your most recent stay. Our intentions are always to meet if not exceed the expectations of our guests. We are pleased to know that your stay was a pleasurable one and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Mount Washington, Kentucky, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I always want to start on a positive note so here it goes. The view from my room (Lakefront Ambassador King) was gorgeous. The colors of the trees are turning and I could just sit and drink all the beautiful colors in. The common areas of the hotel are very nice and can easily deceive one into thinking that it deserves its 5 star rating. When I booked I was a little leery of the price ($233.00 per night) for a 5 star hotel but after arrival I can see why. Moving on to the negatives, the living and sleeping areas of the room was great. The bathroom on the other hand is smaller than some of the cheap motels I stayed at when I was young and couldn’t afford anything else. Seriously...I felt claustrophobic in there! The plastic dollar store hunter green shower hangers did not give me the feel of luxury (See my pictures).
The door greeters/concierge didn’t offer to help me with my bags (I was traveling alone on business). REALLY, a 5 star hotel that didn’t offer to help me with my bags. They did take the time to open the door for me. I was starving when I arrived and fairly quickly ordered room service. No one would answer so I called the front desk and they said they would have someone call me back because no one answered for them either. That continued almost every night. Why offer it if you aren’t going to staff enough employees to answer a phone? The parking lot was practically empty so they shouldn’t have been busy. When they did call me back I placed an order and they seemed a little put out that I even called and said “We’ll have this to you as soon as possible”. Again, not even a hint for how long I was going to have to wait. The first night I ordered the Filet Mignon, medium well. It was VERY WELL done. Not a five star chef. It did taste good though or maybe I was just overly hungry. I ordered several other times with no complaint on the quality of food.
The day after my arrival I was woke up at 8:15 by the cleaning crew. Guess they don’t want you to sleep in. I should have put the Privacy please sign out but I usually don’t have a problem with someone wanting to clean before 9:00. I went downstairs to ask where the paved trail was where I could run and they said it was not in walking distance and that I would have to drive (I didn’t have a car). This would not have bothered me if I hadn’t called prior to my stay and asked about taxi availability from the airport and to ask if they had a safe place to get my morning run in without a car. The response was YES. We have a nice trail along the lake right outside. I took that to mean that I could get to it without transportation, shame on me.
Overall I do think that for the price this place is okay to stay at. Just don’t go expecting the same amenities and service as you get at a Ritz Carlton or Four seasons. I’ve stayed at numerous 5 star hotels and I can assure you this doesn’t meet the standards. I plan on returning to Branson with my husband at some point but I think we will see what else is out there. Being that it’s a small place we may end up back at the Chateau on The Lake. You never know.

Room Tip: The view is the best thing about this hotel so spend the extra if you can for a Lakeview. Otherwise...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
You are correct, we are not a Five Star Resort and based on your experience during your most recent stay, we don't even deserve to be a Three Star Resort. Please accept my apologies for the "shoddy service" you experienced. I can assure you the departments in question will be held accountable for not providing AAA Four Diamond services as they are suppose to. Please know that your feedback is very valuable for it will assist us in taking corrective action where necessary. Your patronage is appreciated and despite our shortcomings on this occasion, hopefully we will be given the opportunity to make it up to you on a return visit.

Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa

Been to Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!