“Pretty Old School” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #58 of 150 Hotels in Branson
Springfield, Missouri
“Pretty Old School”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

Reminded me of those big old resorts up east. Food nothing great. Pool was too small for all the people, nothing festive about it music put me asleep. They need a seperate pool for the adults. CARPET..everywhere. Nothing special about the rooms..Great Fireworks

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
chateauonthelake, General Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 7, 2011
Thank you for choosing the Chateau and for celebrating the July 4th weekend with us, which has become a tradition for many families over the years. I agree with you fully, it would be nice if we did indeed had a third pool on such a weekend, for as you experienced we do have many families staying with us enjoying each others company.
I am pleased to learn however that our fireworks display which has also become a tradition for not only our hotel guests but for the Branson community, met your expectations. I hope we will have another opportunity of welcoming you back to the Chateau at a not so hectic time.

Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
Naperville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

This was our first time at this resort, and our expectations were exceeded!!
From the time we entered to the day we left the staff was wonderful, the hotel was very clean, the view was breathtaking. There was so much to do right on the property that there was no need to leave (though we did for a bit). My children loved that they set up a movie screen, poolside and played a kids movie on Friday night, while they swam. Cookies and milk delivered to the room by a cute bear made their night more amazing. The next day we rented a boat, also rented a waverunner. Those were a first for our kids... they loved it! We also used the paddleboats which was very fun too! Wish there were more hotels of this caliber around... they set the bar very high! We are already planning our return trip.

Room Tip: Lake view
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
chateauonthelake, General Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 24, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderfull review about our resort. It is certainly appreciated and we look forward to having the opportunity of being of service to you again in the not too distant future.

Vide President & General Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011 via mobile

We come to branson/SDC each year and usually stay on the strip closer to everything, but this year was just the wife and I for our 20yr anniversary and decided to stay at the Chateau this time.. I also reserved her a double spa package and it was an amazing experience for the both of us, little too pricey for an ordinary stay but will use again for those special occasions that we want to have lasting memories of.

• Stayed June 2011
Thank you for choosing the Chateau to celebrate your 20th Anniversary it is much appreciated. We look forward to welcome you back for all of your anniversaries or special occasions, as we will be right here to welcome you.

Salem, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

A week with the grandchildren at Chateau on the Lake was wonderful. The hotel itself is outstanding, the amenities nice and the overall hospitality from all of the staff was the best! A wonderful pool, well maintained, manicured grounds, many activites for the children and a great variety of dining and Friday Night Pool Movie and S'mores for the youngsters. It was a great relief to not stay away from the Strip, but, have it available for activity. The view of Table Rock lake was not so bad either! Give it a try!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
chateauonthelake, General Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 16, 2011
Wow what a great review, we should have you on our marketing team! Thank you for taking the time to write it and we certainly look forward to welcoming you and the grandkids back to the Chateau in the very near future.

Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

We arrived after a 6 hour drive early afternoon and were greeted by a helpful bell staff. We took advantage of the valet and luggage service. It was $15 extra a day, but my husband feels it’s worth it and afterwards I had to agree. There didn't seem to be alot of close convenient parking and with two young kids it was nice having the car waiting and someone to help with our stuff when we got back each time.

We had a king with a mountain view. The room was clean and big enough for our two boys to have their blow-up beds on the floor and still have plenty of walking space. We also liked that there was a clothes hamper for towels in the bathroom, just a nice little detail. A mini-fridge would be a great addition to the rooms considering the caliber of hotel, but not worth $20 a day extra. We already had a cooler from the drive so we just continued to use that for our drinks.

We ate at the Chateau Grill early afternoon and it was ok. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet the next morning - Now that was really good. Everything was fresh and hot, the made-to-order omelets and waffles were outstanding, and the service was good too. One of the evenings we inquired about ordering and taking our meal up to our room since it was so late and the hostess didn't seem to have any problem with us doing that. We ended up getting room service and the delivery server was extremely nice. Wish I had noted his name, think it was Michael.

We enjoyed the outdoor pool and the kids liked the playground, but did not get to take advantage of the children’s movie theater and kids club. The concierge helped us with directions and Branson activities for the kids.

Thought the location was great. It is centrally located enough that you are only a short drive away from most of the attractions.

The only complaint I had was the Memorial Day dinner. When we checked in, we received a list of hotel activities for the guests. Make sure to inquire as to whether there are additional fees on those. One activity was a BBQ cookout and fireworks by the pool on Sunday evening. Considering the price per night, I never even thought there would be such a high charge, maybe a nominal fee... The BBQ dinner was $24 per adult and I believe it was half that for children over 3. We drop $60 on dinner often enough, but not for outdoor bbq.... So we skipped that - and considering only a handful of people were eating, it looked like alot of others did too... and just got drinks, swam and watched the fireworks - which were awesome!

Overall, our experience was great, and we would definitely go back and stay here. We have also recommended this place to friends.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
chateauonthelake, General Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 2, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay, it is certainly very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Chateau in the not too distant future.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011 via mobile

We recently stayed the weekend at the château. We paid 200/night.
Pros: it was clean and beds comfortable.
Cons: Internet access not included in room price, and picture quality on television Poor.

Bottom line is there are better hotels at this price point.

• Stayed May 2011
chateauonthelake, General Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 3, 2011
Thanks for spending the Memorial Day weekend with us and I hope you had the chance to watch our fireworks display.
I know in-room internet charges can be an annoyance to some of our guests and in order to help overcome this concern, we do offer FREE Wi Fi internet service in our lobby area, Sweet Shoppe and in our Business Center where we provide computers, printers and internet access at no charge. I thought I would share this information with the intent that if we are given the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Chateau in the future you will know in advance of your arrival the internet options we have for our guests.
Thank you for your review and the feedback that you provided it is much appreciated.

Shawnee Mission, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2011

I took a trip to this Hotel for a business seminar. I travel weekly and am a Hilton Honors Member. I have never felt compelled to write a review about a Hotel until i visited this one.

The good:

It overlooks the lake and there are awesome views from each room.

The Bad:

The restaurants are HORRIBLE!!!! I travel on a weekly basis and am not the typical picky person who picks on every detail about a hotel.

I ordered a drink after the conference I attended and was Id'd, which is absolutely no problem as I look fairly younger than what I actually am. However, the bartender decided to take my ID away and not say anything and be gone for close to twenty minutes. I work for a Fortune 500 company that specializes in Identity theft so I immediately asked for the manager as this is a HUGE "Red Flag" when your identity is taken behind closed doors.

The manager came out and basically started arguing with me in front of all the customers. I tried to explain to him that I had absolutely no problem with them examining my ID, The only problem I had was taking my ID behind closed doors. The manager ended up raising his voice and not even apologizing for what happened. I have never, from a business standpoint, dealt with someone so unprofessional and behind the times. I honestly wonder if the manger was abusing drugs (not even trying to be funny). This experience ruined the trip for me as I am sure it would for anyone who chose to stay here.

I am not one of these unrealistic people who post on this website with expectations that are sky high and write a bad review when innocent people don't meet them. But because of this experience I would definitely not recommend this Hotel. If you are going to pay the money, stay at the Hilton. I have never had a problem with them and this resort is not worth the money.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
chateauonthelake, General Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 2, 2011
Your reveiew and feedback is very much appreciated and as is our practice the matter that you have brought to the attention of all will be addressed and corrective measures will be taken. Your experience is not in keeping with our own service standards and I would like to think that it was an anomoly.

Yes indeed we do have a wonderful location with spectacular views of Table Rock Lake and the Ozark Mountains however as I tell my managers and associates over and over again. It is not the views and the bricks and mortar that makes a great hotel, it is through their actions and service they provide to our guests that will make a great hotel and in this case a Below Average hotel, a good and then a great hotel. We have our work cut out for us!

Please accept my sincere apologies and despite our shortcomings on this occasion, I hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Chateau and to bring your teenagers with you as they will love Branson.

Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa

Been to Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!