The Hotel is beautiful and on top of a hill. Stayed 5 days
Call ahead reservations: Went smoothly. Lauren and Jessica set up our rooms and they were very funny and helpful.They emailed everything to me. They told me all the things we should do and all the shows we should miss. I wish I could of met them while I was there to thank them in person. They were right on with their information.
We arrived at about 1:30 p.m. and was greeted by Brodie the bellman. He opened the doors for us and asked us how we were doing and proceeded to the trunk of our car to get our luggage. He waited with us while we checked in. He did a great job and was very friendly.
CHECK IN: We were warmly greeted with a great attitude and smile by Ashley V. She gave us all the info we needed and set us up to eat brunch at their restaurant. Even though we were coming in late the buffet was full and the food was WONDERFUL ($29.00 -Adult and $16.00 child). Everything you can think of they offered. It tasted fresh and was hot. It was worth the money. Our waiter was Ibo and he was very attentive, great to my two children and we never had a half empty glass. He was so kind to give us take out drinks for the room.
ROOMS: We had 2 rooms that adjoined on the 8th floor. Both were Lakeview king and a double. We faced the parking lot (we requested this view because we did not want to hear the air units they have on the other side) with a 1/2 lake-1/2 tree view. Rooms were nice and clean and the beds okay......a little hard for my taste but had many pillows to choose from. As stated in other reviews there is no free internet in room. We did use their library for the free wi/fi and it was very comfortable(Took pillow and blanket with me). Did order in room internet for 2 of the 5 days we were there and it was only $10.00. Not too bad.
SWEET SHOP: Had the BIGGEST sweet rolls and malts ever. They had a great selection of most things and the best part was little sweet Margaret. She was so kind and soft spoken. She made you feel like you were at Grandma's. Wanted to take her home with us.
ROOM SERVICE: We ordered room service and it came in the time they said. We had Cammila and she was fantastic. She entered the room, was very friendly, she set up a table with a tablecloth, put out silverware, poured the water glasses, and served the food. It was hot and very tasty.
INDOOR POOL: Nice but water was cloudy and had a strong smell of bleach. Kids loved it though. 3rd day there I heard a grandmother talking to her granddaughter on why she peed in the pool. Got the kids out and told the front desk asap. They sent someone to the pool within a sec to check the chemical levels and put more in. I appreciated the fast action on the part of the hotel to fix this. However, we did not swim the rest of our time there. (I'm OCD about germs)
SPA: Nice but pricey. Staff was very friendly and did a great job.
1ST. The restaurant does NOT like for YOU to get take out orders from them. Instead they want you to order room service. My 6 year old son just wanted a pizza to take with him because we were to eat at a fish place he does not like and they were flat rude about it. I asked them if this was a hotel "rule" and he said no but they "prefer" you to order from the room. I asked him what the difference was if I sat down ordered a pizza and asked for a to go box and he couldn't answer me instead he put in the order and we got the pizza to go. I know they want there 20% plus a tip they get from room service but give me a break. I'm not ordering take out for the whole family which by the way should be honored. My son just wanted to eat pizza on the way to the "yukky restaurant we picked to eat at.
2ND: The two live birds in the lobby. THEY ARE VERY VERY LOUD! They cover them at 10:00 p.m. and uncover them at 8:00 a.m. to feed them. They chirp very loudly for 2 1/2 hours and if you want to sleep late FORGET IT. I called down to the front desk and they give you a song and dance about how well they are taken care of and Mr. Hammons loved these birds and he felt they were a great thing to have in the lobby. blah, blah, blah. However, some of the staff did agreed with me and to tell you the truth it made me feel better that they actually felt the same. They are only LOUD in the morning until about 11.00 a.m. I personally told the highest person up I could talk to to put the LOUD birds in her office if she liked them so much. She didn't like that too well. Maybe she hates the birds too. Moving on......
CHECK OUT: Checked out over the T.V. . Left the card keys in the room and the bellman took our luggage down and we were off. Painless
PARKING: Free and covered if you want to park a little ways out. Worth it if you have a black car and it gets hot.
Well that's it. We had a lovely time and will return if the birds die or go away or if we have to get up early in the morning while there. Hope this helps. It was one of the nicest hotels there that we looked at hands down.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau On The Lake Resort And Spa
- Chateau On The Lake Hotel Branson
- Chateau On The Lake Hotel
- Chateau On The Lake
- Chateau Lake
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chateau on the Lake Resort and Spa, is Branson's only AAA Four Diamond resort which is nestled in the Ozark Mountains over-looking the pristine waters of Table Rock Lake, yet only a short distance from nearby theaters, shopping, attractions and golf courses. One of the features of the resort is its 10 story atrium lobby complete with cascading waterfalls,lush plants and foliage. All guestrooms have hand finished textures walls in warm tones, comfortable Perfect Sleeper mattresses, down comforters, 37" flat screen TVs, Wi Fi and most guestrooms have balconies with either lakefront/lakeview or mountain views. The Chateau restaurant has earned a reputation known for its fine dining, fine service and wonderful food and where friends and family gather to enjoy each others fellowship and company. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, Orbitz, EasyToBook, Hotels.com, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.