“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crystal Cove Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Branson
Crystal Cove Bed and Breakfast
You added Crystal Cove Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
635 Compton Ridge Road, Branson, MO 65616   |
Ranked #8 of 53 Branson B&B and Inns
Wentzville, Missouri
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Great place to stay in Branson,Mo. My wife and I stayed two nights at Crystal Cove B&B very clean cabins and great breakfast. The owners were very friendly. I would go back a stay again.
We have been to a lot of B&B's and this is one of the best. We loved the outside decks to sit and enjoy the nature and the Deer that come up close on the property.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

My wife and I chose to visit Branson for a weekend getaway and were looking for a cabin to get away from the hustle and bustle of Branson. I found the Crystal Cove on google and decided to give it a shot.

We stayed in the honeymoon suite and it was amazing. The room was very comfortable and clean. I loved the privacy and that in this suite they bring breakfast to your room every morning.

The breakfast blew away all my expectations and they were so yummy. The home cooked meals were amazing and my favorite part.

There is a 3D tv in the room. They also have a subscription to Netflix which was great.

I loved the view of the mountains and lake. There are fire pits down the trail and I think it would be a perfect place to hang out if we had a weekend getaway with a bunch of friends.

The snack house was a very nice touch and always fully stocked with snacks.

I highly recommend staying here. Great value and great accommodations. We will definitely be back!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

The website is great but be aware these cabins are somewhat outdated. I did try to call the inn several times before booking but no answer or returned calls. When I finally did reach someone, they were in a hurry, unable or unwilling to answer my questions, and told me to book my stay online on the website. Still, despite this first impression, I booked, anxious to stay at the place in the pictures on the website. Again, cabins outdated, horrible shower and water pressure, and questionable looking carpets (in our cabin at least). It was also a bit dusty and our fireplace did not work. You have to crack the window for some reason when the fireplace is in use (we were advised by the nice lady at check-in). It smelled odd and then stopped working almost immediately, upon arriving at our room.

There were some positives! The little house where snacks are available was a definite plus and we enjoyed this perk very much. The grounds are lovely but the hike to the cabins is not for the weak! Steep hills and quite the workout. Breakfast was great however the host was inappropriate at times, even commented on politics. I also had an additional complaint with how my payment was processed and the owner, Bob, was rude and unprofessional. In fact, his attitude towards me (along with name calling) turned me away from this inn forever.

While I see many reviews stating how great he is, I experienced a different side of him. Perhaps he was stressed or having a bad day, perhaps his job as an inn keeper is too difficult... whatever the case one thing is for certain. In this industry, one must remember that customer service and doing what is right goes a long way. He made excuses and became incredibly defensive when he made a mistake with my payment. With so many options to stay in Branson and other neighboring communities, the lack of hospitality or care was evident. This is a family run business so therefore, they create their own standards. And when I upset Bob with concerns over my payment (something that was not my fault), he waged a verbal attack and made insulting comments to my character. I must say while this Inn is decent and a great place for those who are looking for an inexpensive get away, it's worth the money. Just make sure you don't get on Bob's bad side!

Room Tip: They are all difficult to get to... so if you have any issues hiking, stay else where.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Garden City, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

This place was a God send. Bob was a true gentlemen and excellent cook. No better place to stay on a honeymoon or fun little getaway with your loved ones I recommend this to everyone a little oasis to be sure !!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We just returned from our 3 night stay at the Crystal Cove Bed and Breakfast. To forwarn you, I am a travel agent, and am blessed to travel a lot. I am however pretty objective. I hadn't been to Branson in many years, and was pleasantly surprised as to how it's access roads have improved. Since I was there last, several new roads have been made, making this resort in a perfect location. It was literally 10 minutes if that, into downtown Branson. It sits up on the side of a hill, overlooking Table Rock Lake. Yes, there are trees, but the lake is visible. We booked the honeymoon suite for 3 nights. We thought we didn't need all the space at the time of booking, but it was the only room left. Well, it was a great choice! Attached to the main the main house, we had a private entrance, and the enitre covered porch,{ swing included} overlooking the lake. It was private, and included our own terrace and table and chairs. Our breakfast was delivered daily, and we dined outside at our own private table of 2. Jose was the highlight. Great young man that lives onsite as the care taker. He was always smiling, and was VERY helpful. We only saw the owner at check in, and her son each morning.

Postive things - We loved the ambiance of the resort, the trees, the outside common area with tables /umbrellas, and even a gas grill { that we cooked steaks on 1 night}. The little water fall, the koi pond, the relaxing jazz music piped to the outside, made it perfect. We did not have a problem parking as the Honeymoon suite as it's own space. There was however, plenty for all guests. We loved the Sweets and coffee area. We loved the use of their private dock { once we found it} the cove was perfect for swimming and sunning. The room was spacious, and the large flat screen was nice. We really used the kitchenette which has a sink, small fridge and microwave. Great for a longer stay. Breakfast was good. Not gourmet by any means, but hearty and good.

Not so good things.. The room was good, but could have been so much better. It was a cabin, so go with a cabin feel, not with fake palnts and flowers. Very dated and VERY dusty. Not sure who cleans, but it was clean in the most visible areas { the sink, toilet, carpet, kitchenette etc} but the fake plants were loaded with dust, as was the area around the sunken tub, the ledges etc. Under the bed was gross, and the jetts in the tub had not been cleaned forever. When I turned them on all this moldy crud came out.. yuck. The bedding was awful. Other reviews from the cabins say theirs were awesome.. our room had been forgotten. Mattress was so hard,thin and needs replacing. The pillows were so old, hard and flat, we had to go to Wal-Mart and buy pillows for the 2nd and 3rd nights. 1 night was enough. The sheets and flowered comforter were old and tired looking. When we think B&B we think luxury. Their logo says luxury. This would be our biggest disappointment. Inconsistantcy was a huge problem as well. Breakfast was delivered to us any where from 8:50 to 9:40. I would say earlier would be better, and honeymoon suite should be served first. The room had no kleenex, we bougth our own. We had no iron or ironing board, so we borrowed one from another guest, from their room. They in turn borrowed our cork screw as their room didn't have one. We would also encourage them to refill the free coffee and water in the sweet room. Why offer it if you don't keep it stocked?

I want you to know we did really enjoy Crystal Cove and will be back. The owners just need to work on a few things to make it truly luxurious. If they do, this will easily be the #1 in Branson.

Room Tip: Hands down get the Honeymoon Suite.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Crestwood, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We are so happy we chose Crystal Cove for our very important day and Honeymoon. We were there a week and were happy the entire stay. The Offutt family makes an Awesome Breakfast that keeps you looking forward to mornings. We could have had our breakfast brought to us every day however we chose to join the other guests in the dining room. The other guests were very nice and we really enjoyed the owners joining for coffee. We enjoyed the sweet shop and Mrs. Offutt's delicious cake. Our view was so beautiful we decided to be married right on the patio overlooking the lake. I was a bit nervous to be married by someone we had only just met but they made it great. The minister was excellent and had a great personality. The owner and one other family member were our witnesses and they all made us very comfortable and added to our special day. We would both recommend this beautiful, charming little getaway for a wedding, honeymoon or vacation. One would have to be a very unhappy person to not love this place. We have told all our friends and family about Crystal Cove in Branson and will be back again and again.

Room Tip: For ultimate privacy I would choose the Victorian Honeymoon suite. But every cabin was beautiful an...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Stayed in Victorian honeymoon suite. Loved it. Great breakfast and lots of privacy!!! Plus staying in this suite,breakfast brought to room every morning and nice 3d tv with Netflix. The owners or very pleasant and helpful. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Crystal Cove Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!